Sign in to follow this  
jellis113

Trade help

12 man standard league, here is my team

QB-Orton, Roethlisberger, Favre

RB-Foster, Charles, Gore

WR-C. Johnson, Colston, Crabtree, Sydney Rice, Devin Thomas(I know)

TE-Cooley, Watson(just in case for this week)

K-Matt Bryant

DEF-NE

I might get Snelling off the waiver wire for Thomas.

Got offered Brandon Jacobs and Steve Smith(Giants) for Favre and Rice. Should I take it?

I'd do it. You're not going to EVER play Favre...and why would you? It's not a good year for Vikings WRs. However, Jacobs is the short yardage/goal line back who is vulturing TDs from Bradshaw. And Smith has become a favorite target of the lesser Manning.

Please take a look at my postMy link

I like it...Smith gets you a definite #3 if not #2 WR on your team. Jacobs a nice backup. Orton and Ben will be good for you at QB. Also...not sure if Rice will be OK to play at full speed anyway.

I like it...Smith gets you a definite #3 if not #2 WR on your team. Jacobs a nice backup. Orton and Ben will be good for you at QB. Also...not sure if Rice will be OK to play at full speed anyway.

I'd pull the trigger, Favre is just too inconsistent to rely on and Rice's durability might be questionable coming out off the DL. You've got two good QBs in Orton and Ben and Smith is a reliable WR2.

Definitely do it and don't look back! Like the other guy said, you will never play Favre and you also will probably never play Rice since there's no guarantee that he will even be back, let alone starting.

That was definitely a great trade for you. You're giving up almost nothing (Rice probably won't be a factor this year and Favre is your 3rd worst QB by a lot). You're getting a RB who is going to gobble up TDs, which is always good in standard scoring and a WR who will not have many ridiculous weeks, but will be a consistent WR3 / WR4 type in standard scoring leagues. You're team got much better with this trade, congratulations.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=374378