Sign in to follow this  
j0ker

Jones-Drew bust of the year?

I seem to be a master at drafting the yearly bust. I took Forte last year with the 4th pick and Jones Drew this year with the 3rd. Does he do anything going forward is it even possible with how bad their offense is? I have lost the window on trading him for someone like Gore, Peterson, etc. A few guys have verbally told me they have entertained the idea of possibly trading Steven Jackson or Jamaal Charles for him. Do I go after either of those two or stick with him? I don't want to lose more trade value if he continues to underproduce. Thanks and leave a link!

I'd keep him if I were you, never like to trade low on a guy.

MJD is too talented, gets 20 carries a game and all the goaline - not many guys like that.

Plus his 14 through 16 week games are pretty good

OAK

@IND

WAS

I say you end up being happy if you keep him

My other RB's are Foster, Tomlinson, Green Ellis I have offered Tomlinson for Jackson but to no avail

I'd keep him if I were you, never like to trade low on a guy.

MJD is too talented, gets 20 carries a game and all the goaline - not many guys like that.

Plus his 14 through 16 week games are pretty good

OAK

@IND

WAS

I say you end up being happy if you keep him

I agree PP. The name of the game is sell high, buy low. I think MJD will rebound. The injury to Garrard could be just what that offense needed. I don't think you could get enough out of him right now to justify trading him

Hes got a great playoffs schedule so basically if you squeak in without him you could win your league for sure. He can only get better IMO from here on out and S Jax is mad injury prone, MJD never gets injured. Charles fumbles like 5 x more then Jones so he will never get the lion share unless TJ pipes gets injured. Stick with MJD even though its not sexy.

I cant agree with "it cant get worse for MJD" ....I wanna know how is it going to get better. The answer lies at QB. Either one of them steps up or their done. I dont see it happening maybe last part of the year when guys need to try and keep their jobs. If you can wait ...I would grab SJAX...defense is doing well..Bradford is making stars out of whoever they put out there at reciever. Jax may lose a game or two to injury but I still think thats better than MJD imo.

I think the Jags play Houston twice still, that should pad his stats some, plus the running game becomes more prevalent in the cold. I would strongly consider trading for SJax or better but would definetly check the remaining schedule first....just my two cents.

trade for jackson, dont listen to anyone else saying "well he plays houston and this team and this team" bullshit it does not matter, he was suppose to kill buffalo and dint do anything, with qb issues they can put 8 in the box and stop the run. Jags are in trouble and jones-drew being the stud on the team will get all the attention from the defenses.

s.jackson is back to full health and the passing game is getting better weekly meaning defenses cant stack the box.

go by production not by the name.