Sign in to follow this  
EliDAS40

Commish changing rules mid-season - cool or not?

My league commissioner, who happens to be in last place, decided to change our league's schedule from 13 weeks with 4 weeks of playoffs to 15 weeks with 2 weeks of playoffs. He did a poll, and 5 of the 10 members voted 'yes' to the change (only 7 voted), and he decided to make the change. I just don't agree with changing the rules during the season. Everybody was okay with the 4-week playoff format going into the season, so why should anything change at this point?? I just feel like the commish is in last place, and feels like he needs the extra two weeks to at least have an outside chance at the playoffs. I think it's total BS.

Matthew Berry is definitely on my side. One of his 10 Fantasy Commandments -

"8. Thou shalt not change the rules midseason. I don't care if it everyone's complaining or it seems unfair in Week 5. You play the rules that were set up at the start of season. Change at the start of next year. Take the job of commissioner seriously. Have a strong constitution at the start of the year and enforce it."

What do you guys think??

Adam

yes ..obvious bull ######. I dont know how much advantage he gains...2 more weeks to better his record...or if he gets better in the current format more teams make the playoffs. I dont think thats an issue but hes a an idiot for changing the rules ...well for puting it up for a vote

You either need a new league, or a new commish, well a new commish is absolutely necessary.

The person running the league is incapable of doing so, if he is pulling stunts like this.

This whole premise is absurd and I would have to let my team lapse, or get any monies back.

You may want organize the other owners into a group and put forth a mandate.

you NEVER change rules mid season. make sure next season, if you are still in the league, you set a rule that you can not change rules mid season.

All rule changes should be brought up and voted on prior to the start of the season. If you come across something mid-season, you vote on it for next year or table it until your off-season meeting (if you have one). In my league, majority vote doesn't get it. 10 team league and you need 8 of 10 yes votes to change. We found that it's too easy to get 6 yes votes. Changing the rules mid-season is SHADY and I would get out of that league. Everyone agreed to the rules prior to the start of the season.

Bad Commish :thumbsdown: