Sign in to follow this  
kennybanya

Where does DeAngelo sign next year?

This year has been a drag, but he's still a great back who could be gold in the right situation next year. Both New England and Indy could be looking for feature backs, and please don't tell me Donald Brown is the answer for the Colts. Imagine if DeAngelo got the 300 or so carries that Edge used to get every year. Remember Corey Dillon's first year in New England? And D-Will is tailor made for Shanahan's system. He isn't a young back anymore, so he'll likely want to go to a winner. Any thoughts?

All I know for CERTAIN, is he is KILLING me as a FLEX player for christ sake, and now he has a foot injury of some sort.

I'm considering dumping hizass for Marshawn Lynch

This year has been a drag, but he's still a great back who could be gold in the right situation next year. Both New England and Indy could be looking for feature backs, and please don't tell me Donald Brown is the answer for the Colts. Imagine if DeAngelo got the 300 or so carries that Edge used to get every year. Remember Corey Dillon's first year in New England? And D-Will is tailor made for Shanahan's system. He isn't a young back anymore, so he'll likely want to go to a winner. Any thoughts?

I think the Redskins are out. Shanahan has Torain, and seems to like him, and I would expect the bulk of their FA/draft attention to go to O-linemen. They are what make Shanahan's offense work.

If Williams wants the big paycheck (since this will probably be his last chance), he probably won't go to NE, b/c I don't see them paying a lot of money for a RB.

I don't think Indy is gonna happen, either, but since you don't want to think that Brown is the answer, I won't say it. But since you aren't running the Colts organization, I think that their opinion of Brown will matter more than yours.

If you look at teams that "seem" to have question marks at RB, you've only really got NO & TB, in addition to the 3 that you mentioned. Based on the lack of demand, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Carolina.

Well, we should start by saying that all the teams that need a good RB probably will not sign him...anyway, just for fun, teams that could use him would be:

Colts

Pats

Redskins

TBay

NO

GBay

and i would guess i am missing a couple.

I do NOT expect him back in Carolina...he knows Stewart will be given every chance.

I wouldnt be surprised to see GBay make a major move...or perhaps NO. Colts dont seem to sign older backs...Pats wont give enough green, Skins could be an option, i dont see Torian as the guy, maybe Shanny does. It is tough to say at this point but there is my 2 cents.

If he wants big money, he won't be going to the Pats or Colts. They are both passing teams so they don't spend a lot of coin on backs. I could see Green Bay making a play for him though.

I really have no idea. I can see him signing with any 1 out of 20 or more teams. It will come down to money and how much he wants to be a feature back.

Panther homer here. I would give it a 80-90% chance the Panthers re-sign him if indeed the new CBA is reached. I understand the talks of "Stewart will be given a chance" but he has proven he is unreliable. Jerry Richardson isn't a complete moron and he will have more than enough coin to spend if a new CBA is reached.

Cleveland... :overhead:

Very well could be......especially if John Gruden would get the HC job. Gruden has always been high on Deangelo. Of course Gruden is high on everyone. "This guy here........he's great!"