Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Vjax done for night

He's out at least 2 weeks, effectively ending his fantasy usefulness for this year. No way in hell will he be worth starting in a FF playoff game, raw, after seeing what happened vs. the Colts.

He's out at least 2 weeks, effectively ending his fantasy usefulness for this year. No way in hell will he be worth starting in a FF playoff game, raw, after seeing what happened vs. the Colts.

Very good point :doublethumbsup:

So you're saying practice and conditioning equals a real game? :rolleyes:

They can do all they want for 6 days, but it's not even close to a Sunday. There is no way to replicate that type of experience.

Just stop it already. It's silly.

Brian Westbrook had a total of 5 carries the first 11 weeks of the season. FIVE. That's damn near the same thing as not even playing on Sundays. Somehow he managed to run 23 times for a 136 and a TD last night without getting injured. How did that happen without all that game experience? We see stuff like that all the time. Way more than your two little examples of Revis and V-Jax.

V-Jax was already injured and it wasn't reported. He got hurt, it happens to all players. It had nothing to do with some wierd fantasy football rule you made up.

For every Revis, I could post a Big Ben. Who came off of 6 week layoff and first game back threw for 260 and 3TD's.

Big Ben is the unquestioned starter on the Steelers. Whenever his suspension was over there was no doubt he'd step right in. Big Ben also had several years of starting experience walking into this season and last year he was 3rd in fantasy leagues on a per game basis. I should also note that he was only suspended 4 games and the 5th week was a bye.

VJax has only really had one great year last season and sat out for ten games. I think the Chargers have pretty much proved in his absence that Rivers is running the show and they're capable of plugging several capable receivers into Jackson's old role.

So yeah, I'd worry more about a wideout who's missed 10 weeks and looks less than invaluable to his team than the stud quarterback who's unquestionably better than the alternatives. If it weren't for injury I doubt the Chargers would've plugged VJax into the starting lineup at all.

I don't even know what you guys are arguing about.

KSB has a mancrush on VJax and can't understand why others don't.

That's the gist of it.

Big Ben is the unquestioned starter on the Steelers. Whenever his suspension was over there was no doubt he'd step right in. Big Ben also had several years of starting experience walking into this season and last year he was 3rd in fantasy leagues on a per game basis. I should also note that he was only suspended 4 games and the 5th week was a bye.

VJax has only really had one great year last season and sat out for ten games. I think the Chargers have pretty much proved in his absence that Rivers is running the show and they're capable of plugging several capable receivers into Jackson's old role.

So yeah, I'd worry more about a wideout who's missed 10 weeks and looks less than invaluable to his team than the stud quarterback who's unquestionably better than the alternatives. If it weren't for injury I doubt the Chargers would've plugged VJax into the starting lineup at all.

The arguement was that a couple folks said it was common sense to never start a player who has not played on Sundays in a while because they never do well or are prone to injury. My simple, yet misinterpered point, is that is a really dumb premise and nowhere close to common sense.

Players perform fine week one of the season after not playing in real games for six months. There are countless examples like Big Ben and Westy from last night where suspended players or bench players (who get little or no run) come in after not playing in real games and do just fine. They don't get any more or less hurt. Saying so is silly. If a player is holding out and not practicing or coming off of an existing injury that is different.

So last week, knowing V-Jax was practicing for a month and was getting the start for SD, he was a fine start in fantasy football. Unless you sat a STUD WR, there was nothing wrong with playing him. It backfired as he was injured, but that happens to all types of players at some point. Big Ben was a fine start in week 7 if you didn't have one of about a half dozen other QB's on your roster too.

All this thread turned into was a couple Monday Morning QB's who don't know what they are talking about and made up some FF rule that doesn't hold water. I could care less about V-Jax. I'm just pointing out how ignorant it is to blanketedly say: "It's common sense to never start a guy who hasn't played a game in a while".

Better now?

The arguement was that a couple folks said it was common sense to never start a player who has not played on Sundays in a while because they never do well or are prone to injury. My simple, yet misinterpered point, is that is a really dumb premise and nowhere close to common sense.

Players perform fine week one of the season after not playing in real games for six months. There are countless examples like Big Ben and Westy from last night where suspended players or bench players (who get little or no run) come in after not playing in real games and do just fine. They don't get any more or less hurt. Saying so is silly. If a player is holding out and not practicing or coming off of an existing injury that is different.

So last week, knowing V-Jax was practicing for a month and was getting the start for SD, he was a fine start in fantasy football. Unless you sat a STUD WR, there was nothing wrong with playing him. It backfired as he was injured, but that happens to all types of players at some point. Big Ben was a fine start in week 7 if you didn't have one of about a half dozen other QB's on your roster too.

All this thread turned into was a couple Monday Morning QB's who don't know what they are talking about and made up some FF rule that doesn't hold water. I could care less about V-Jax. I'm just pointing out how ignorant it is to blanketedly say: "It's common sense to never start a guy who hasn't played a game in a while".

Better now?

Which is your misinterpretation.

Admit it, you just got a bug up your ass because some people didn't agree with who you would have put out as your THIRD receiver.