Sign in to follow this  
cortezthekiller303

Pierre Thomas - does he get his job back for the FF playoffs?

Keeping him. Why not?

I've read from a few New Orleans homers that he'd definitely get right back into the mix....too talented not to. Apparently some aren't all that impressed with Ivory. I haven't seen much of him at all so I can't comment on the guy.

I've kept him all year, even when fighting for a playoff spot. I think when he gets back, he gets his job back. They've used Jones & Ivory and while they've been decent, they don't provide what Pierre Thomas usually does when he's in there which is a guy who can run & catch very, very well.

I don't think you can count on anything from him this week....and he's got games against STL, @BAL, @ATL coming up. Not exactly an ideal stretch....especially for a guy coming off an injury involving a torn tendon playing for a coach who loves to spread the ball around.

He's a decent stash for those who have the roster space, but I don't think I'd expect much from him going forward. I just don't see New Orleans putting too much on his plate these next few weeks. He'll be more valuable to the Saints for their playoff run than for fantasy owners during theirs.

I don't think you can count on anything from him this week....and he's got games against STL, @BAL, @ATL coming up. Not exactly an ideal stretch....especially for a guy coming off an injury involving a torn tendon playing for a coach who loves to spread the ball around.

He's a decent stash for those who have the roster space, but I don't think I'd expect much from him going forward. I just don't see New Orleans putting too much on his plate these next few weeks. He'll be more valuable to the Saints for their playoff run than for fantasy owners during theirs.

True dat.

1. If Pierre were a rapper, he'd be The Notorious V.A.G

2. He's coming off a significant ankle injury

3. The Saints backfield is about as big a clusterf*ck as the Broncos receiving corps

He's clearly the most capable RB on their roster wrt talent when healthy, but I would hate to have to rely on this guy in the ffb playoffs... unless I saw at least one game of action from him where he demonstrated he's "back". Worth stashing on the bench if space is available is the best I would rate him at this point...

I've held onto him thru all of this, but meanwhile Tolbert has become the man, so I have the luxury of waiting to see and making him earn a spot in my lineup. At this point I'm mostly holding on so others can't get him. Unless you absolutely have no viable options, I'd wait a game and see if he is truly back.

I'm holding him for this reason... I don't plan on playing him @ BAL and @ ATL but, he won't be playing against me either. Why drop him and risk the chance of someone hurting at RB picking him up and he blows up against you. It is fantasy football you know.