Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

10 Teams..2 Divisions..Who should be considered the top 6 teams?

Ok, so in one my leagues we are doing the 6 teams make the playoffs with the 2 first round byes. I got the number one seed so I am not to concerned about this. But one of the guys in my league actually finished 3rd in his division but according to ESPN's site, he doesn't make the playoffs because the guy who took 4th in the other division has a better record. Is that accurate? what are the point of divisions if the top 6 make the playoffs regardless?

Ok, so in one my leagues we are doing the 6 teams make the playoffs with the 2 first round byes. I got the number one seed so I am not to concerned about this. But one of the guys in my league actually finished 3rd in his division but according to ESPN's site, he doesn't make the playoffs because the guy who took 4th in the other division has a better record. Is that accurate? what are the point of divisions if the top 6 make the playoffs regardless?

I play in a league on ESPN like this. It is the way ESPN is set up im pretty sure. You get what you paid for.

We had 2 division and are supposed to take the top 3 from each division. But what made absolutely no sense at all was we played guys in the other division twice and guys in our division once. :dunno: Again you get what you pay for :thumbsup:

The way my league does it is the two division winners get the first-round byes regardless of record. Then the next four teams with the best record get in to the playoffs. So same as your league.

I've got an ESPN League....10 teams....two divisions.....first two in each division automatically qualify, final two spots are wildcards and are determined by best record. If you want to include the top 3 from each division, you could do it. It's not some ESPN thing that prevents you from doing this....it's an impotent commissioner thing.

I've got an ESPN League....10 teams....two divisions.....first two in each division automatically qualify, final two spots are wildcards and are determined by best record. If you want to include the top 3 from each division, you could do it. It's not some ESPN thing that prevents you from doing this....it's an impotent commissioner thing.

impotent commissioner? tmi

I have a league that is the same. Division winners get top two seeds automatically, the rest of the league is thrown into the wildcard pool and the best records make it regardless of how many come from each division. We came within one game of having all 5 in one division make the playoffs and only the division winner from the other.