Sign in to follow this  
WiljenFC

Flex spot in Yahoo League- who to play?

need a flex play this week. Webb is kinda a cheat I know but should I play him over Torain or Stewart?

J. Stewart against a tough Steelers Run D.

R. Torain against a Jacksonville team that is in a must win.

J. Webb as a WR (playing QB against the Eagles D)

Starting Lineup:

Vick

Arian Foster

Ray Rice

Desean Jackson

Roddy White

Jacob Tamme

Dan Carpenter

Green Bay D

I know Webb is the popular play this week but just because you CAN play him doesn't mean you SHOULD play him. It really depends on the scoring system I guess, but I'm not a huge fan of this start unless your system is heavy points on yards or even completions (yes, I saw a guy post he gets 1 pt. per completion!).

That being said...

Stewart against a tough Steelers Defense is a better play than Torain against the Jags IMO. Webb may run for a score and might actually be the best start in this trio.

Go with Webb at the flex.

Thanks on mine.

I actually like Webb if your league allows and he plays.

Webb actually looked better than I thought he would last week. He showed his incredible running ability and should be pumped to go up against Vick.

If Webb even has semi-decent numbers (150 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 40 yards rushing) = 14 points, and I'll take that over the chance that Stewart does anything like that against Pittsburgh, even without TP. And with Minnesota likely to get crushed, Webb will be dropping back a ton.

Torain also is an option, but I think Washington airs it out this week against a terrible Jags secondary.

Please see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=379441

Torain against the pathetic Jags. Even if the 'Skins do "air it out," Grossman proved last week that he's happy to throw to Torain. The Philly D is going to maul Webb. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up with more total turnovers than TDs. None of which has anything to do with "integrity" :rolleyes: Torain's just a smarter play, I think.

Webb is a risky start - seems like towards the end of last game he started doing more of the controlled, shorter passes effectively. Given Philly had some issues in the secondary (though think Samuel and ? are back) and reasonably tough against the run, it might just work well. Webb could surprise and have a good game but my lean goes to Torain and what appears to be a very nice matchup. Only doubt have with Torain is whether Shanahan-squared will figure a way to screw up the game plan!

Thanks for mine.

need a flex play this week. Webb is kinda a cheat I know but should I play him over Torain or Stewart?

J. Stewart against a tough Steelers Run D.

R. Torain against a Jacksonville team that is in a must win.

J. Webb as a WR (playing QB against the Eagles D)

Starting Lineup:

Vick

Arian Foster

Ray Rice

Desean Jackson

Roddy White

Jacob Tamme

Dan Carpenter

Green Bay D

Tough call. My fear with webb is he's pretty horrible and they have p. ramsey. I would be scared webb has a short hook and if he's playing bad, will get pulled for ramsey. Because of that, i'd go with torain. In my thread, someone has almost sold me on stewart though. All carolina can do is run so he might be a decent option as well.

not stewart in Pitt. The best haven't been able to do it there, neither will he.

Torain or Webb.

I'd go Webb and live in infamy as the guy who won with a QB at WR.