Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Any of you guys split the cash with the team your playing before the matchup?

The other guy just texted me and offered me the winner gets 65% of winnings and 2nd gets 35%...what you think?

Heres my team

Vick

Foster

Ray Rice

Wayne

Jennings

Tamme

Akers

Balt

his

Matt Ryan

Cjohn

Bradshaw

Harvin

Steve Johnson

Celek

Janikowski

Steelers def-12pts

I have been offered this before a few times. In some cases I would have made out better. I felt like I had the stronger team, but as you know, Fantasy Football doesn't always go the way you think it will.

I do love the money that comes with winning, but I do enjoy just the winning as well. I guess it depends on how much money we are talking about. In my league 1st place gets $300, second $200. In my case I think I might have taken the $250 if it was offered.

winner gets $480 loser gets $250

Thats kind of hard to chop. But i wouldnt be opposed to do $300 to each and play for $130 :dunno: $130 is still a good # for one game. I got beat in semi's in one league so we are just playing to get buy in back but the dumbass guys in Championship are splitting the money just playing for trophy???? Now that is freaking stupid. Yes i like having the trophy for a year but i want more $$ and the trophy :first:

I made the finals in one of my leagues. Me and the other guy are taking $650 each and we are playing for the remaining $220

splitting the pot is the ultimate in lameness. HTH.

:thumbsdown:

HELL NO !!!!

Bragging rights are worth way more.

Splitting the $$$ is a ###### play :nono:

In my mind bragging rights and the money are two separate issues. If there's enough $ at stake ( and I don't think there is in this case) I would go for a split. Winner still gets to talk smack all year.

In my mind bragging rights and the money are two separate issues. If there's enough $ at stake ( and I don't think there is in this case) I would go for a split. Winner still gets to talk smack all year.

I agree with the statement above. However, in my league 2nd place gets a pat on the a$$ wishing them well, all money goes to the winner.

So we have decided on a 70-30 split.

I'll split if it works in my favor. Our championship splits 75/25 as-is and I like my chances so no need to chop further. I was in a $1,000 winner-take-all league a few years ago and remember a guy offering me 90% if I won and 80% if I lost. I was easily a 50+ point favorite and had LT, Alexander, Edge, Gates and he had just lost Priest Holmes. I told him to f off. I won, but the 7 or 8 year older version of me who has seen crazy things happen in FF probably wouldn't have turned it down.

Splitting the championship game pot has been a tradition in our league. Except for one year when an owner adamantly refused. He had a monster team and a bad attitude. There was no way, he arrogantly bragged, he was going to lose to his opponent's POS lineup. Why should he give away money that was all but in his pocket?

He had his clock cleaned in the championship game and has never made the playoffs since. Karma is a ...

Even with the split pot, the money is good, the trophy is cool and the bragging rights are priceless. And who needs five years of bad mojo?

Splitting the championship game pot has been a tradition in our league. Except for one year when an owner adamantly refused. He had a monster team and a bad attitude. There was no way, he arrogantly bragged, he was going to lose to his opponent's POS lineup. Why should he give away money that was all but in his pocket?

He had his clock cleaned in the championship game and has never made the playoffs since. Karma is a ...

Even with the split pot, the money is good, the trophy is cool and the bragging rights are priceless. And who needs five years of bad mojo?

It's up to the 2 guys in the championship, it's their money and they could split it any way they want. I would agree to as much of an even split as possible, i.e. 60-40 or 50-50. I don't care how strong my team looks on paper, I've been doing this too long to know that on any given Sunday a weak team could catch fire. Bragging rights and a championship to the winner are enough...I'm taking as much guaranteed cash I could get my hands on. This year I did 50-50 in a big money league and I'm happy, much less stress watching the games.

splitting the pot is the ultimate in lameness. HTH.

:thumbsdown:

Agreed! As herm said - u play to win the game. If money is an issue, maybe you shouldn't be spending on fantasy football lol

Take no prisoners, take your chances. The fantasy god's hate splitting league winnings and will curse you the following year!

;)