Sign in to follow this  
chroniciguana

Did Tebow just change everything?

It's been a good discussion Pooh. I'm not giving in, nor buying what you're selling

You take Peyton Manning and Ahmad Bradshaw

I'll take Eli Manning and Chris Johnson

I'll see you in the finals :cheers:

fair enough. However, just so we're on teh same page here, the discussion is not about CJ and Eli vs. Peyton and Ahmad. It's about Ray rice and Eli vs. Peyton and ahmad or Mccoy or foster or hillis, or Deangello and Brett Farve vs. Rodgers and Foster/ahmad/mccoy/hillis. If you want to hand pick the players to yet again prove the theory you're stuck in, you're just further diluting the discussion at hand...

Here read here on my thoughts on taking a qb early, UNLESS A PROVEN COMMODITY AT RB IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=379043&st=40

edit: this is the actually link to discussion around taking qbs early, unless a proven commodity at rb is there...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=379843&st=0&p=4401513entry4401513

this is why you don't take a qb in the early rounds. Vick wasn't even drafted in any league this year, and I bet a ton of people took a flier on Kolb before the 8th round. I'll happily take the 12 qb off the bored anyday and roll with that. I'll stock up on rb's and wr's early, and build my team around them in the first 6/7/8 rounds.

I took Brees in the first round and won my league. Went WR late and walked out with Bowe and Wallace.

fair enough. However, just so we're on teh same page here, the discussion is not about CJ and Eli vs. Peyton and Ahmad. It's about Ray rice and Eli vs. Peyton and ahmad or Mccoy or foster or hillis, or Deangello and Brett Farve vs. Rodgers and Foster/ahmad/mccoy/hillis. If you want to hand pick the players to yet again prove the theory you're stuck in, you're just further diluting the discussion at hand...

Here read here on my thoughts on taking a qb early, UNLESS A PROVEN COMMODITY AT RB IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE...

edit: this is the actually link to discussion around taking qbs early, unless a proven commodity at rb is there...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=379843&st=0&p=4401513entry4401513

I took Palmer in two leagues this year. I studied hard, mocked several ways including qb's early, knew I would get him, and was anticipating him to put up the numbers he actully did. 3790 yards and 25 touchdowns later, things worked out (won a $200 league, and made the playoffs in another $100 league). I was targeting him in the 6th round or later in 2 leagues. He was a stud IMO.

Ok, read your first one. You love Vick and like to talk down to people. I don't like Vick and have made fun of his bounce passes and 10' high throws in the past. He had a phenominal year this year - who's to say he will do it again? Take him at #1 and good luck. These were his best stats ever with 30 total td's. His 3 full season before that he went for 22,21, & 17 td's. But damn, he sure is electric.

Ok, read your first one. You love Vick and like to talk down to people. I don't like Vick and have made fun of his bounce passes and 10' high throws in the past. He had a phenominal year this year - who's to say he will do it again? Take him at #1 and good luck. These were his best stats ever with 30 total td's. His 3 full season before that he went for 22,21, & 17 td's. But damn, he sure is electric.

actually vick does have a history. Even before his jailterm, and before he was even remotely the passer he proved himself to be this year, he was a FF stud. Flash aside, or winning games aside, the production you got out of him at QB was top notch. If you don't believe me, go look it up. He was a perennial top 5 player, when he couldn't even throw for 150 yards a game. Now he can, and has a far stronger supporting cast around him compared to his ATL days. And an offensive genius running the plays in AR. If Vick was a rook this year, like TEbow was, I wouldn't be advocating it. Just think of the rushing yards man. WHen he puts up an 80 yard rushing game, which is not his average but not an amazing game for him either, that equates to another qb needing an extra 200 yards passing to equal that. TDs and passing yards and everything else aside. Vick is an anamoly as far as FF is concerned, and I have zero doubt that if he stays with Philly, he's going to put up numbers the likes of which FF hasn't seen since the inception of this crazy game we play. ZERO doubt. Obviously injury is a key factor with vick, but I believe his production will be so off the charts that the injury risk is worth neglecting, and unless he breaks his back and ends his career, even with playing say an average of 12 games a year, he'll basically put up numbers that will put him in a qb1+rb2 category, blowing away the next best qb in terms of total points. But that is not even the discussion at hand here. Vick as I stated is an anamoly, off the charts really. The discussion is about qbs and the consistent stud production of the top ranked ones. Even if vick was still sitting in Jail, or was doing whatever else other than playing football, my point would still stand, and it would be backed up by YEARS of data...

HTH

ZERO doubt. Obviously injury is a key factor with vick,HTH

How can you say there is ZERO doubt when your next sentence begins with OBVIOUSLY injury is a key factor?

To me there is doubt in that ZERO doubt

I'm done with this conversation with you - like I said earlier, I enjoyed the discussion :cheers:

Generally, after the top 3-4 QBs are off the board, there's a pretty severe drop off in terms of production. In Yahoo leagues, that gap was between Brees (6th best QB with 291 points) and Freeman (7th with 264). Unless you really think Tebow is going to be better than Brees, I wouldn't get too excited about keeping him. Add in the fact that he doesn't have a head coach, so you have no idea what sort of scheme the Broncos will use, and that teams will now have film to study to gameplan, and it's just not worth making any sort of investment now.

... and it's just not worth making any sort of investment now.

I agree. But keeping him only costs me a last round draft pick. That's more than fair value.

after his play the last few weeks i'm a believer in tebow...still wouldnt make him my starter but maybe draft him in 7th or 8th rd as backup

this is why you don't take a qb in the early rounds.

I took Brees in the 1st round of a 12-teamer and just won a championship.