Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Best Keeper Player Value?

Let's Just Take a Vote...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you keep? (14 team, ppr league)

• Ray Rice for 1.07 pick
    • Jamaal Charles for 1.07 pick
    • Dwayne Bowe for 4th round pick
    • Josh Freeman for 12th round pick
    • BenJarvus Green-Ellis for 12th round pick

14 team, PPR, 1 keeper league...

Here are my best keeper options:

Jamaal Charles for my 1.07 pick...Current ADP = 1.05

Ray Rice for my 1.07 pick...Current ADP = 1.03

Josh Freeman for a 12th round pick...Current ADP = 8.09

Benjarvus Green-Ellis for a 12th round pick...Current ADP = 5.10

Dwayne Bowe for a 4th rounder...Current ADP = 2.14

I'm leaning toward keeping Freeman at the moment(Just have a feeling he becomes elite this season)...Am I off my rocker?

Yes

Maybe so, but I've got a good feeling about that Tampa offense...and who would you keep?

Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board.

oh, you're one of those douchebags...Not much else to talk about dude & we all know the help board is a ghost town.

Who will be there (not kept) in your opinion at 1.07? In other words, what are you giving up? What is the trade-off in quality of player? No-one can answer the question until they have a feel for that.

Having said that, the ADP for Charles and Rice is very accurate.

I also love Freeman. IMO he's top ten QB this year, likely top 5 the next.

BJGE is kicked off the Island in any case.

Who will be there (not kept) in your opinion at 1.07? In other words, what are you giving up? What is the trade-off in quality of player? No-one can answer the question until they have a feel for that.

Having said that, the ADP for Charles and Rice is very accurate.

I also love Freeman. IMO he's top ten QB this year, likely top 5 the next.

BJGE is kicked off the Island in any case.

I think Rice and/or Charles may still be there at 1.07 anyway...So, I am inclined to pass on them as a keeper & look at keeping Freeman or Bowe instead...BGE is tempting, but in a PPR, his value takes a bit of a hit. I've never been too high on New England RBs anyway...

Thanks for the constructive reply.

I'm not a moderator, but IMHO, this topic is perfectly fine at this time of year.

Exactly...

in ppr I like Ray Rice at 1.07, cant go wrong with Freeman either

also I see nothing wrong with this post in the FF section.. its pretty quite so I wont complain about a new thread.. :cheers:

Charles - without hesitation

in ppr I like Ray Rice at 1.07, cant go wrong with Freeman either

also I see nothing wrong with this post in the FF section.. its pretty quite so I wont complain about a new thread.. :cheers:

I love Charles & Rice in PPR this season as well, but knowing the guys that are drafting ahead of me, I can see Charles or Rice falling to me anyway at 1.07.

Does anyone think Bowe is worth keeping for a 4th rounder? If he truly does end up being a late 2nd round pick this season, I think getting him in the 4th would be a pretty good value if he can repeat last season's numbers...

I love Charles & Rice in PPR this season as well, but knowing the guys that are drafting ahead of me, I can see Charles or Rice falling to me anyway at 1.07.

Does anyone think Bowe is worth keeping for a 4th rounder? If he truly does end up being a late 2nd round pick this season, I think getting him in the 4th would be a pretty good value if he can repeat last season's numbers...

Charles is top 3 or 4 guy IMO but who do u think will go top 6 ? Who is (will be) available

Charles is top 3 or 4 guy IMO but who do u think will go top 6 ? Who is (will be) available

Well, 1 guy drafting in front of me is notorious for taking a QB in round 1(he will probably take Rodgers since Vick is being kept by another guy) and another guy traditionally likes to go stud WR in round 1(probably AJ)...So if Peterson, Foster, Chris Johnson, Rodgers, AJ & one of Rice/Charles go in the top 6, I should be left with Rice or Charles anyway...And who knows, MJD & LeSean McCoy are borderline top 5 as well in PPR, so I might get my choice of Rice/Charles if one of those guys is taken a bit early.

Based on the information you've given so far, I voted for keeping Dwayne Bowe. I think he is the best "value" of all your options. In a 14 team league, your 4th round pick (assuming you are in the 1.07 draft spot) is at the 48th overall pick. This is pretty good value for a likely top 10 drafted WR, who could be going as high as the 6th or 7th WR off the board in some drafts. I don't think Bowe repeats a 15 TD season, but I think you would be perfectly happy with 75, 1100, 10 out of your 4th round pick.

I love Charles and Ray Rice in PPR leagues, and I don't think you could go wrong with keeping either of them at 1.07. But when choosing your keepers, it's about getting the most "value," or getting a stud player you couldn't possibly get if you don't keep them. You've stated that you think Charles or Rice may fall to your 1.07 pick, and I don't think Lesean McCoy, MJD, or even Andre Johnson are a bad fall back plan.

You could lock up a top 7 RB and top 10 WR and still have your 2nd and 3rd round picks to work with. Some may argue that Freeman in the 12th round is the best value. While I like Freeman, and think he is a borderline top 10 QB, I don't see a big difference between the QB's after the top 6 or 7 guys. I think you can get a QB that will produce very similar to Freeman around the same point in your draft. Freeman had 25 TD's versus only 6 int's last year. I find it hard to believe he will better those numbers this season. If anything I would expect the INT's to go up. Just my opinion.

EDIT: Arian Foster isn't a keeper in this league? I assume he was drafted in the 3rd round or later. Or is he not keeper eligible for some reason?

Id go with Calvin Johnson

I went with Rice although its not great value but I love getting a true #1 RB that catches +40passes in PPR and I don't see how you can pass that up. I have to wonder if you would really get one of the following Peterson, C.Johnson, Rice, Charles, McCoy, MJD at pick #7. You would think one or two of these guys would get kept. If the drafters in front of you have any brain at all they will pick the rest of these guys. I dont think you can count on getting one of these guys at #7 and have to pick which RB you like the best.

Bowe is probably the best value and if you are sure you can get one of the 5 RB's above I would use this option as a gamble. But I dont like it in a competitive league where the other owners know what they are doing. Simply because all the RB's mentioned above will be gone by pick #7.

Freeman is awesome but I have seen him go as late as the 8th round in one mock, so I dont think this is the right move.

Based on the information you've given so far, I voted for keeping Dwayne Bowe. I think he is the best "value" of all your options. In a 14 team league, your 4th round pick (assuming you are in the 1.07 draft spot) is at the 48th overall pick. This is pretty good value for a likely top 10 drafted WR, who could be going as high as the 6th or 7th WR off the board in some drafts. I don't think Bowe repeats a 15 TD season, but I think you would be perfectly happy with 75, 1100, 10 out of your 4th round pick.

I love Charles and Ray Rice in PPR leagues, and I don't think you could go wrong with keeping either of them at 1.07. But when choosing your keepers, it's about getting the most "value," or getting a stud player you couldn't possibly get if you don't keep them. You've stated that you think Charles or Rice may fall to your 1.07 pick, and I don't think Lesean McCoy, MJD, or even Andre Johnson are a bad fall back plan.

You could lock up a top 7 RB and top 10 WR and still have your 2nd and 3rd round picks to work with. Some may argue that Freeman in the 12th round is the best value. While I like Freeman, and think he is a borderline top 10 QB, I don't see a big difference between the QB's after the top 6 or 7 guys. I think you can get a QB that will produce very similar to Freeman around the same point in your draft. Freeman had 25 TD's versus only 6 int's last year. I find it hard to believe he will better those numbers this season. If anything I would expect the INT's to go up. Just my opinion.

EDIT: Arian Foster isn't a keeper in this league? I assume he was drafted in the 3rd round or later. Or is he not keeper eligible for some reason?

Great post...Thanks for pointing out Foster (not sure what I was thinking)...Yes, he is being kept for a 2nd round pick by another owner, so we can take him out of the mix...

Let me throw this out there...How does everyone think LeSean McCoy will compare with Rice/Charles this season? I am very confident that McCoy will be there at 1.07...

I went with Rice although its not great value but I love getting a true #1 RB that catches +40passes in PPR and I don't see how you can pass that up. I have to wonder if you would really get one of the following Peterson, C.Johnson, Rice, Charles, McCoy, MJD at pick #7. You would think one or two of these guys would get kept. If the drafters in front of you have any brain at all they will pick the rest of these guys. I dont think you can count on getting one of these guys at #7 and have to pick which RB you like the best.

Bowe is probably the best value and if you are sure you can get one of the 5 RB's above I would use this option as a gamble. But I dont like it in a competitive league where the other owners know what they are doing. Simply because all the RB's mentioned above will be gone by pick #7.

Freeman is awesome but I have seen him go as late as the 8th round in one mock, so I dont think this is the right move.

Great post...

1. This is a very competitive league & I know that Peterson/Chris Johnson will both be gone...It gets murky after that...Rodgers & AJ could both go in the top 6 based on our league scoring settings(6 pt. passing TDs/PPR) & the historical drafting tendencies of a couple owners who pick ahead of me...That leaves the possibility of 2 of the following: MJD/McCoy/Rice/Charles being available at 1.07...Personally, I'm not a MJD fan this season, but I would put the other 3 RBs (McCoy/Rice/Charles) in the same tier this season.

2. So...if I keep Bowe for my 4th rounder (current ADP is late 2nd), I could gamble on Rice/Charles falling to 1.07 with McCoy as my backup plan if those 2 are gone.

3. I'm beginning to rethink keeping Freeman...Maybe I can grab him in the 8th...

So what if AP, CJ, Rice, Charles, and McCoy all go in the first 6 picks. Would you be OK with MJD, Andre Johnson, McFadden, Roddy, or even Rodgers? If not, then maybe keeping Rice or Charles is the safest option. It all depends on how well you know your leaguemates. I like keeping Dwayne Bowe if you can still get Rice, Charles, or even McCoy. I think McCoy is a lock for 60+ receptions, and could come close to 80 again. I think 70 catches, 1500 total yards, and 7-8 touchdowns is a pretty safe projection for him. Mid first round value in a PPR league in my opinion.

So what if AP, CJ, Rice, Charles, and McCoy all go in the first 6 picks. Would you be OK with MJD, Andre Johnson, McFadden, Roddy, or even Rodgers? If not, then maybe keeping Rice or Charles is the safest option. It all depends on how well you know your leaguemates. I like keeping Dwayne Bowe if you can still get Rice, Charles, or even McCoy. I think McCoy is a lock for 60+ receptions, and could come close to 80 again. I think 70 catches, 1500 total yards, and 7-8 touchdowns is a pretty safe projection for him. Mid first round value in a PPR league in my opinion.

McFadden is being kept by another owner...I would not feel great about MJD or Rodgers at 1.07...maybe AJ or Roddy, but I'd rather not take a WR until the 2nd round.

But like I said, I am almost positive that a QB & WR will go in the top 6, leaving me with McCoy at the very least & Rice/Charles if I get very lucky...

I tend to agree with you that McCoy will put up some great numbers this season, comparable to Rice/Charles.

I am not disagreeing at all. I think Bowe is the best value but I also think there is some significant risk in picking him. He is a likely late 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder this year.

I too am a big fan of McCoy in ppr format if you knew for sure he was going to be available at 1.07 then I would keep Bowe in a heartbeat. With Bowe, McCoy as your core and your 2nd and 3rd round picks you will solidify RB position, and then QB or WR and have a core that can hang with anyone.

That said in a keeper league, how many people are going to be throwing back #1 RB's? I would expect half of those guys to be kept so it depends on what your league mates rosters look like and their tendencies. I just don't see how everyone in your league throws back the top 6 RB's. It helps that you have 2 of them but still. In my mind you are essentially giving up your 1.07 for 1.03 to 1.04 not huge value except when you consider the scaricity of true #1 RB's and the likelyhood that several will be kept.

I like the Stud WR strategy (ppr only) in round one if you are picking right after all the stud RB's are taken but you have the option to outright get one of the top 6 RBs and actually have your pick of 2 of them.

McFadden is being kept by another owner...I would not feel great about MJD or Rodgers at 1.07...maybe AJ or Roddy, but I'd rather not take a WR until the 2nd round.

But like I said, I am almost positive that a QB & WR will go in the top 6, leaving me with McCoy at the very least & Rice/Charles if I get very lucky...

I tend to agree with you that McCoy will put up some great numbers this season, comparable to Rice/Charles.

Well, the league members that could keep AP/MJD are keeping McFadden/Hillis instead due to the incredible value (they only have to give up a 12th rounder to keep them)...Chris Johnson is still up in the air, but the owner is leaning toward a different keeper right now.

i'm really not in FF mode yet, but this question intrigued me a bit. I'm in a dynasty league PPR and own Charles and McCoy, so I looked them up. Charles finished tied with Rice and McCoy was just 4 pts ahead of both. It's a draw for who I'd keep, although something tells me to favor Rice by a bit just because I think he's more durable. So, here's the thought process. Keepers are about getting a player who won't be there when your pick comes up. By that scale, Freeman and BJGE are the best picks, but no fool is taking a 12th rounder as his keeper, so those two are out. Bowe had a great season, and likely won't be there in the 4th round, so I think there's value there...but...I still want a "stud" as my keeper...so I'm back to Charles vs Rice...and gut still says Rice.

i'm really not in FF mode yet, but this question intrigued me a bit. I'm in a dynasty league PPR and own Charles and McCoy, so I looked them up. Charles finished tied with Rice and McCoy was just 4 pts ahead of both. It's a draw for who I'd keep, although something tells me to favor Rice by a bit just because I think he's more durable. So, here's the thought process. Keepers are about getting a player who won't be there when your pick comes up. By that scale, Freeman and BJGE are the best picks, but no fool is taking a 12th rounder as his keeper, so those two are out. Bowe had a great season, and likely won't be there in the 4th round, so I think there's value there...but...I still want a "stud" as my keeper...so I'm back to Charles vs Rice...and gut still says Rice.

Thanks for your thoughts.

p.s. - Who do you all think is threatened more by a RBBC?...McCoy(Harrison/Weaver), Rice(McGahee/McClain), or Charles(Thomas Jones)?

Thanks for your thoughts.

p.s. - Who do you all think is threatened more by a RBBC?...McCoy(Harrison/Weaver), Rice(McGahee/McClain), or Charles(Thomas Jones)?

That's a hard call. I don't recall the status of McGahee regarding his contract. Philly has already fired up the hype train on McCoy by saying he could be used even more this year. I think TJ in Cleveland is done, he clearly appeared less effective as the season wore on. Strictly guessing, from best (least RBBC involvement) to worst (most RBBC involvment) I'd probably rank them:

Charles

McCoy

Rice

I could waffle on these 3 up until the start of the season though... :cheers:

That's a hard call. I don't recall the status of McGahee regarding his contract. Philly has already fired up the hype train on McCoy by saying he could be used even more this year. I think TJ in Cleveland is done, he clearly appeared less effective as the season wore on. Strictly guessing, from best (least RBBC involvement) to worst (most RBBC involvment) I'd probably rank them:

Charles

McCoy

Rice

I could waffle on these 3 up until the start of the season though... :cheers:

Tough call with these three...I'd say Charles is the most explosive, but McCoy is probably the least likely of the three to get vultured at the goal line...Rice is a great PPR player, but I think I would rank him 3rd as well. Having to play Pittsburgh twice puts Rice slightly behind Charles/McCoy in my mind.

Tough call with these three...I'd say Charles is the most explosive, but McCoy is probably the least likely of the three to get vultured at the goal line...Rice is a great PPR player, but I think I would rank him 3rd as well. Having to play Pittsburgh twice puts Rice slightly behind Charles/McCoy in my mind.

I LOVE Lesean McCoy in PPR leagues, but don't expect a lot of TD's from him. He will get several TD's "vultured" by Michael Vick. I wouldn't project him for more than 8-10 TD's on the season, and probably 2 or 3 of them will come receiving. But the beauty of PPR, you don't need a RB with a ton of TD's. If a guy catches 70+ passes, that's the equivalent of at least 5-6 additional TD's on a RB that catches only 30-40 passes, and the equivalent of 10 additonal TD's versus Michael Turner.

I LOVE Lesean McCoy in PPR leagues, but don't expect a lot of TD's from him. He will get several TD's "vultured" by Michael Vick. I wouldn't project him for more than 8-10 TD's on the season, and probably 2 or 3 of them will come receiving. But the beauty of PPR, you don't need a RB with a ton of TD's. If a guy catches 70+ passes, that's the equivalent of at least 5-6 additional TD's on a RB that catches only 30-40 passes, and the equivalent of 10 additonal TD's versus Michael Turner.

Very true that Vick will most likely vulture several goal line TDs from McCoy...I love his pass-catching upside though.

I would go:

McCoy

Charles

Rice

Harrison was good in Cleveland and put up decent numbers whether that was due to a high work rate or talent I don't know. The Eagles however completely ignored him which I thought was wierd considering McCoy was considered somewhat fragile going into last season. It is looking like McCoy is the man in Philly at RB which makes him a top5 RB in ppr leagues and top 10 in traditional leagues (due to losing TD's to Vick).

Charles produces big numbers and is clearly the better back yet KC seems committed to the dual back concept. I hate to admit it but it might be the right idea and prolong Charles career and explosiveness...but I hate it for FF.

Rice is good and looks like he could handle the load but this coaching staff seems real committed to using a goal line back, RBBC concept. Mcgahee might be out but McClain (3 years ago?) had a ton of vulture TD's so he can and will fill that role if needed.