Sign in to follow this  
kujerry

Player Value?

I have been getting the cheatsheet compiler the last 3 or 4 years, has always work out good for me. Been to the Championship Game the last three yrs in a row and have won two of them. Love it, works great.

to my question. Under the tab overall where it ranks all the players, how does the program determine a players value. I have my compiler set up 50% FFToday, and 50% last years stats. just wondering what all is under the value.

thanks

Hi kujerry. Thanks, and welcome back! Geez, you are on a great run there. We'll do what we can to help keep it going.

First, the 50-50 does not really impact the Player Value. Well, it does, since everything is intertwined, but they are really different and separate conversations. The 50-50 has to do with generating the projections that are used to calculate fantasy points that help build the cheatsheets.

When we are specifically talking about player value, for the overall rankings, it factors in the projected fantasy points plus the number of teams in the league, number of starters and backups at each position, the overall ranking method used, and in analyzing these things, determines what players are most valuable when all the positions are mixed together. Your best read on this is likely this section of the instructions:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/instructions.html#8

where I discuss what the different overall ranking methods do. I think you'll see there about the comparison that is done, and the numbers on the overall rankings will make some more sense. Check that out and hit us back if you have any other specific questions. Cheers.

thanks man, will read it.