Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

New Keeper League - Need Help

I've taken over a team in a friend's keeper league this year. The guy lost his first four games last year and quit, so the commish set his lineup the rest of the year. It's far from a terrible team though:

"Miles Austin (Dal - WR)

Marion Barber (Chi - RB)

Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)

Donald Brown (Ind - RB)

Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)

Brandon Jacobs (NYG - RB)

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) -------- CAN NOT KEEP

Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)

Robert Meachem (NO - WR)

Tony Moeaki (KC - TE)

Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) ------- CAN NOT KEEP

Jeremy Shockey (Car - TE)

6th Pick in the first round, and we do snake draft style

Have to keep two players but not the two i marked"

That's quoted directly from his email. Still don't know all of who everyone else is keeping yet (K Britt, S Jax, Gore, 85, wayne and j charles are being kept to date). TDs 4/6, 1pt/10 run/rec 1pt/25 throw with .5 ppr We start QB, 2RB 2WR, 1 WR/TE, 1WR/RB, K, DEF I cannot keep Calvin Johnson or Schaub. Bummer on Cal, but there are several intriguing options.

So who would you keep and why? What areas should I try and address in the draft?

Thanks

Leave a link to your question and I will answer.

I've taken over a team in a friend's keeper league this year. The guy lost his first four games last year and quit, so the commish set his lineup the rest of the year. It's far from a terrible team though:

"Miles Austin (Dal - WR)

Marion Barber (Chi - RB)

Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)

Donald Brown (Ind - RB)

Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)

Brandon Jacobs (NYG - RB)

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) -------- CAN NOT KEEP

Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)

Robert Meachem (NO - WR)

Tony Moeaki (KC - TE)

Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) ------- CAN NOT KEEP

Jeremy Shockey (Car - TE)

6th Pick in the first round, and we do snake draft style

Have to keep two players but not the two i marked"

That's quoted directly from his email. Still don't know all of who everyone else is keeping yet (K Britt, S Jax, Gore, 85, wayne and j charles are being kept to date). TDs 4/6, 1pt/10 run/rec 1pt/25 throw with .5 ppr We start QB, 2RB 2WR, 1 WR/TE, 1WR/RB, K, DEF I cannot keep Calvin Johnson or Schaub. Bummer on Cal, but there are several intriguing options.

So who would you keep and why? What areas should I try and address in the draft?

Thanks

Leave a link to your question and I will answer.

I would keep Chris Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw. That way you have your rb situation set up pretty well for the year. Then you can target wr's in the draft depending upon whoever is being kept by the other teams. CJ is a must because he's the only back in Tennessee, and then Bradshaw just got his contract from the Giants so you know they're committed to him.

Another vote for CJ and Bradshaw. You can focus on WR's but because you have th RB/WR flex spot that doesnt completely handcuff you if a stud RB falls to you at 6.

I'd say Chris Johnson and Bradshaw or maybe Miles Austin. Do you have a list of the other players who cannot be kept by the other managers?

I'd say Chris Johnson and Bradshaw or maybe Miles Austin. Do you have a list of the other players who cannot be kept by the other managers?

I can't argue with the Bradshaw crowd but depending when you have to make your decision I would be interested in seeing how the Cowgirls rebound - If Austin and Romo do as I suspect they will (even in limited preseason action) I would be sorely tempted to go with Austin instead of Bradshaw.

I can't argue with the Bradshaw crowd but depending when you have to make your decision I would be interested in seeing how the Cowgirls rebound - If Austin and Romo do as I suspect they will (even in limited preseason action) I would be sorely tempted to go with Austin instead of Bradshaw.

Funny. That's the fence I'm sitting on right now; Bradshaw or Austin.

Austin and Johnson. You have 2 of the best at their respective positions you can build on. Definitely would go with these 2 .

In keeper leagues I almost always save my RBs. CJ and Bradshaw for me. :thumbsup:

Id keep Bradshaw over Austin and its not really close to me.

Hope you announce your keepers late. That CJ holdout has to be killing you.

Hope you announce your keepers late. That CJ holdout has to be killing you.

We announce in 5 days. CJ's holdout IS KILLING ME! I've GOT to keep him, but the holdout means he'll be out of shape and one pulled hammy away from screwing up my plans.

I'd keep CJ despite the hold out, and Austin.

Austin and Bradshaw have similar draft positions and Bradshaw is a fine keeper, but going RB/WR allows you to take best player on the board at 6. If you keep both RB it would be tough to take a third, even if a great value fell to you.

Also, before Romo got hurt Austin was a top 5 WR. I don't think Bradshaw has top 5 RB potential.

Johnson and Bradshaw, I think, hands-down, Johnson's holdout notwithstanding. As for Austin, I think he gets surpassed by Bryant this year and is good for at best 1,000 yards and 7 touchdowns.