Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Whats up with Lance Moore?

Clipped from our Training Camp Hype - Week 3 article...

With a lucrative, long-term contract extension and Reggie Bush in Miami, Lance Moore is expected to take on a larger role in New Orleans’ high-powered offense, but a groin injury is causing him to miss some time. He isn’t expected to play again in the preseason, and that may hinder his performance for the first few games of the regular season. While the Saints expect him to be in the lineup on opening day, they will likely not want to risk his having a setback, so it’s a situation that should be monitored.

take him late in your draft. Let him ride the :bench: for a few weeks, then he will be gold 1/2 through the season.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune's Mike Triplett confirms that Lance Moore's groin injury did not require surgery.

Moore was inactive for Sunday night's game and will almost certainly miss the preseason finale. Larry Holder of CBS Sports credits coach Sean Payton as saying Moore "should be back next week." Barring a setback, it leads us to believe he will play in the NFL opener against the Packers. Moore remains a top-35 receiver in the Rotoworld Draft Guide.

From Roto.

Sounds benign enough. If it drops his stock a little bit, even better. Either way I'll be targeting him late as originally planned.

i'm keeping an eye on this as well. took him at WR4 as britt insurance in PPR. i get the feeling that both his and britt's injuries are due to the lack of a team-structured strength/conditioning program in the offseason, but britt's is more troubling to me than moore's.

no hard data to support this--just a feeling.