Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Mark Clayton

Rams re-signed WR Mark Clayton to a one-year contract.

It's bad news for Danario Alexander, who is believed to have practice squad eligibility remaining. Clayton, 29, was not signed to this point because his 2010 ruptured patella tendon had not completely healed. It's unclear if he'll be 100 percent early in the season, but the signing indicates that the Rams plan to have Clayton on their Week 1 roster. He's joining a jumbled depth chart. Clayton will have to overtake at least Donnie Avery and either Mike Sims-Walker or Brandon Gibson to enter three-receiver sets. Aug 31 - 4:03 PM

Per Rotoworld

that is the biggest sleeper news i have heard yet this year in the WR department.. he was shaping up to have an awesome season last year with Bradford before he went down

Week 1 16.9 points (10 receptions, 119 yds)

Week 2 15.4 points (2 receptions, 24 yds, 2 tds)

Week 3 11.0 points (5 receptions, 85 yds)

Week 4 9.7 points (5 receptions, 72 yds)

Week 5 he was injured...

However through those 4 weeks, which were pretty consistant.. he was on pace for 88 receptions, 1200 yds, and 8 tds... those are great numbers for a WR 2... especially if they pick up where they left off and he continues to be Bradford's favorite target

DEFINITELY NEED TO KEEP A CLOSER EYE ON THIS ONE...

What are some thoughts on this situation?? Rams homers?

that is the biggest sleeper news i have heard yet this year in the WR department.. he was shaping up to have an awesome season last year with Bradford before he went down

Week 1 16.9 points (10 receptions, 119 yds)

Week 2 15.4 points (2 receptions, 24 yds, 2 tds)

Week 3 11.0 points (5 receptions, 85 yds)

Week 4 9.7 points (5 receptions, 72 yds)

Week 5 he was injured...

However through those 4 weeks, which were pretty consistant.. he was on pace for 88 receptions, 1200 yds, and 8 tds... those are great numbers for a WR 2... especially if they pick up where they left off and he continues to be Bradford's favorite target

DEFINITELY NEED TO KEEP A CLOSER EYE ON THIS ONE...

What are some thoughts on this situation?? Rams homers?

no interest here. those 4 weeks, he wasn't competing with Avery and MSW (and Kendricks) for receptions and PT...i don't pay this signing too much value...and if anything, it drops my projections of the other StL WRs a little (not that there was much room for them to drop).

He's probably a candidate for the PUP list as was mentioned earlier in this thread. I was big on Clayton coming into the year but the delay in signing him makes me wonder if the knee is ready to perform on or not. Its a wait and see approach from me....I'm still looking to see MSW do something on the field that is noteworthy. Clayton probably gets on the field and takes some snaps from Gibson and MSW but I could see them rotating their guys (when Clayton is healthy). All in all, I don't see a lot of value out of any of them individually. I'm not a buyer on Kendricks as a sleeper either....I still believe Hoomanawanui will take snaps from him when healthy...we're most likely looking at the Rams being Saints-Lite....spread the ball all over the place.

Maybe Steven Jackson is still the guy to target? :dunno:

The Rams have to decide whether he goes on PUP on Saturday, I think, with final roster cuts. If he gets any run in the last preseason game and stays off PUP, then we'll talk.