Sign in to follow this  
rlb

Chicago WR's

The two starting WR's are sitting on the waiver wire in a 12 team non-PPR 3 WR league while Knox and Bennett were drafted. Pretty weird. Although the pundits predict Knox and Benneett to have the best fantasy numbers this year, any chance Hester or Williams beoome viable plays as WR3 this season?

Not a homer, but it's easy enough to see that that situation is a wasteland. Roy Williams, by all indications, has been a big flop yet again and has just about played his way out of the league. Earl Bennett is a fair possession receiver with limited upside. Hester is a converted DB/return man and he plays like it. Knox has the speed and athleticism but is unpolished and inconsistent. I suppose if you just had to take one of them, Knox is the guy with the highest ceiling, but that isn't saying much.

I'm not a homer, but I do get plenty of Chitown talk radio on a daily basis.

The receiving situation is a joke. They brought in Williams instead of a lot of other options because he knew Martz system (and signed for cheap$). It was a perfect fit until they realized he came to camp way out of shape and greases his hands before practice. Knox has great hands and speed, but the guy runs really bad routes and has a horrible work ethic. Bennett is a good possession receiver that they just can't seem to figure out how to use. Hester isn't a real receiver. Sanzenbacher has looked the best out of all of them but they aren't giving him a legit shot - how could a rookie be better than Roy Williams or Devin Hester, after all? :rolleyes:

At this point, I'd still take Roy late if he was there or pluck him off the wire just because I think Martz is stubborn enough to force feed him the ball.

Long story short is the fantasy prospects for the Bears receivers is basically the same as the Saints, but minus all the talent.

Who cares? Why would anyone draft a Bears receiver???

Some of us play in larger leagues where even the 3rd receiver on a bad team get drafted instead of the standard 10 or 12 team league. I have a draft tomorrow night that is 16 teams with 18 man rosters. I think several Bear receivers will be drafted. :bandana:

Some of us play in larger leagues where even the 3rd receiver on a bad team get drafted instead of the standard 10 or 12 team league. I have a draft tomorrow night that is 16 teams with 18 man rosters. I think several Bear receivers will be drafted. :bandana:

Earl Bennett is the guy this year.. why does this question keep coming up??

The Slot receiver in Martz offense is arguably the most important....and Martz still plans to use him outside.. the slot receiver in that offense is the go to guy on 3rd down passing plays... again also the guy Cutler trusts most, who has learned the offense better than anyone besides Cutler.. and Martz has gone on record multiple times saying "Earl Bennett will be getting the ball a lot more next season"

“We didn’t throw it to him enough. That will be remedied. He will figure in a much larger role than he did last year. He came to us late. He was injured. I wasn’t really sure where he was with all the stuff. But he established himself as a guy who needs to get a lot more balls than he did. He’s extremely reliable. I know Jay feels comfortable with him in the slot doing some of those things,. But he should be able to play outside for us as well.”

- Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz on Earl Bennett

Read old forum post about Earl Bennett http://forums.footba...

and Great Article http://mattwaldmanrs...r-earl-bennett/

I'm a Bears fan. My feeling is that Roy is going to play the #1 in a Martz offense and is a worth a look as a flier on that merit alone. Cutler is going to give him the chance to sink or swim. He has the highest ceiling of any Bears WR but the chances of actually hitting that ceiling may not be very good. I personally think he'll have a solid year, worth having on your team anyway (800-1000 yards, 4-6 TDs). Bennett doesn't have a great ceiling but his chances of hitting that ceiling are very high. He has more familiarity with Cutler than any of the others, Cutler likes him and trusts him. He is the only WR of the group that can play any position on the field and will be playing the slot mostly. With how many blitz's the Bears are likely to see, he should be a good guy to have in a PPR, running the hot routes.

Hester and Knox are the biggest wild cards, imo. Nobody knows how many snaps Knox will get. Nobody knows if Hester made the next step to be a #2 WR in the NFL. By all accounts from camp, it looks like he has. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

As a Bears fan I wouldn't mind having any one of them on my roster as a flier (I currently have Roy for the low cost/high upside), I think Bennett is worth a spot in any scoring format as a bye week filler and possibly even a starter in deeper leagues. Knox and Hester are in my "wait and see" column.

I'm a Bears fan. My feeling is that Roy is going to play the #1 in a Martz offense and is a worth a look as a flier on that merit alone. Cutler is going to give him the chance to sink or swim. He has the highest ceiling of any Bears WR but the chances of actually hitting that ceiling may not be very good. I personally think he'll have a solid year, worth having on your team anyway (800-1000 yards, 4-6 TDs). Bennett doesn't have a great ceiling but his chances of hitting that ceiling are very high. He has more familiarity with Cutler than any of the others, Cutler likes him and trusts him. He is the only WR of the group that can play any position on the field and will be playing the slot mostly. With how many blitz's the Bears are likely to see, he should be a good guy to have in a PPR, running the hot routes.

Hester and Knox are the biggest wild cards, imo. Nobody knows how many snaps Knox will get. Nobody knows if Hester made the next step to be a #2 WR in the NFL. By all accounts from camp, it looks like he has. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

As a Bears fan I wouldn't mind having any one of them on my roster as a flier (I currently have Roy for the low cost/high upside), I think Bennett is worth a spot in any scoring format as a bye week filler and possibly even a starter in deeper leagues. Knox and Hester are in my "wait and see" column.

As a Bears fan in Chicago I agree 100% I have R.Williams on the wire in my 12 team non ppr and really thinking about dropping Collie for him. My crappy WR are Dez,Britt,Mike Thomas,Greg Little, Collie. Just not a fan of having Dallas Clark and collie on my team without Manning right now. I Roy getting a ton of red zone target with Olsen out of the picture. Knox and Hester are boom or bust where you must depend on at least 1 long play to have a good fantasy day. Bennett will have 3-5 catches to move the chain but I don't see him getting Td's

I can't wait to see how Chi-town fans handle Roy when he flashes his "Hook'm Horns" sign with his hand. That's assuming he actually catches a pass of course.

DEALERZ - THat article on Bennett - 2nd link wont work. Can you try it again? I'm with you on Bennett. People who think Roy is going to be decent should be blocked from this site.