Sign in to follow this  
martyj13

Jordy Nelson

Is this guy going to put up consistent numbers? I have M. Wallace, S. Moss, P. Harvin and B. Edwards. Is he worth picking up? I can easily drop Edwards if need be. He looked good against the Saints!

I'd say Nelson has pretty much solidified himself as the Packers' WR2, which makes him worth a roster spot.

I'd say Nelson has pretty much solidified himself as the Packers' WR2, which makes him worth a roster spot.

I'd have to give up my waiver priority (3) for him. My WR are Fitz, Desean, Harvin, Rice, Evans. Pull the trigger and drop Evans for him?

Evans (assuming you mean Lee) probly has more upside than Rice (assuming you mean Sidney)--and so does Nelson (you can assume I mean Jordy). Tarvaris Jackson isn't likely to make any WR valuable.

I'd have to give up my waiver priority (3) for him. My WR are Fitz, Desean, Harvin, Rice, Evans. Pull the trigger and drop Evans for him?

That's a considerable waiver to give up to a guy that MIGHT be getting these kind of numbers per game. My question is...if you have a player like Jordy Nelson on your team, are you ever going to play him over a player like Fitz, DeSean, or Harvin? If not, and maybe for a bye week for one of them, then it's not worth giving up that high of a waiver. If you actually are relying on these numbers weekly, then by all means go for it.

I think he can put up solid numbers, and in most cases WOULD be worth it. But for YOUR WR corps, it's not worth it for YOU.

That's a considerable waiver to give up to a guy that MIGHT be getting these kind of numbers per game. My question is...if you have a player like Jordy Nelson on your team, are you ever going to play him over a player like Fitz, DeSean, or Harvin? If not, and maybe for a bye week for one of them, then it's not worth giving up that high of a waiver. If you actually are relying on these numbers weekly, then by all means go for it.

I think he can put up solid numbers, and in most cases WOULD be worth it. But for YOUR WR corps, it's not worth it for YOU.

Figured as much. We also get 1pt per 20 return yards and 6pts for return TDs so Desean and Harvin are even more valuable than normal.

I would definitely give up a third waiver priority for him in a standard scoring league, don't know about return leagues as I don't play in them. He got just as many targets as Jennings last night. Best QB in the league. We barely saw Jones at all. If he stays healthy, I think it's very possible that Jordy could get a 1000 yards.

After looking at the fuller stats, vie tempered my enthusiasm a bit. He was only on the field for 27 snaps, compared to drivers 46 snaps. The tie for team lead in targets is nice, and seems to indicate rodgers likes to throw to him. But its going to be pretty hard to maintain that production with 27 snaps. As frustrating as it is, driver seems to be getting the majority of the reps. Hopefully this changes as the season goes on.

Who are you? You've concluded that he's solidified as the number 2 now because of this game?

A coupe thoughts.

A. No game planned to take Finley out. Thus maybe leaving more targets for the era.

B. And this is totally my own opinion. It seemed that Nelson was in more on throwing downs and 3rd sets. Whenever they seemed to run he wasn't on the field. Maybe bc he's not as good a blocker.

Do with this what you will...

After looking at the fuller stats, vie tempered my enthusiasm a bit. He was only on the field for 27 snaps, compared to drivers 46 snaps. The tie for team lead in targets is nice, and seems to indicate rodgers likes to throw to him. But its going to be pretty hard to maintain that production with 27 snaps. As frustrating as it is, driver seems to be getting the majority of the reps. Hopefully this changes as the season goes on.

Who are you?

I'm Axe Elf.

You've concluded that he's solidified as the number 2 now because of this game?

Yes.

Great points made here. Although Jordy made the most of his 27 snaps, there's no way you can remain consistent with seeing so little of the field. He has not solidified himself as the #2 yet, but this is a good start. Between Gennings, Finely, Driver, Nelson, Jones and now Cobb it will be rather tricky to predict anything besides Genning's and the de facto #2 Finely's stat line. Jordy will remain no better than a WR4 until he proves that he can consistently produce.

Great points made here. Although Jordy made the most of his 27 snaps, there's no way you can remain consistent with seeing so little of the field. He has not solidified himself as the #2 yet, but this is a good start. Between Gennings, Finely, Driver, Nelson, Jones and now Cobb it will be rather tricky to predict anything besides Genning's and the de facto #2 Finely's stat line. Jordy will remain no better than a WR4 until he proves that he can consistently produce.

Yeah. You didn't mention Jones either. That was my thinking before week 1. I dropped Nelson only to see him blow up.

My current thoughts is that GB will have a ton of #3 guys (after Jennings, Finley) but Nelson will be the most consistent of the bunch.