Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Mark Ingram

Only been one week, and they went up against a stout GB defense.

Just curious how he looked. Solid RB2 the rest of the year? Or merely a flex bye in fill type in a typical 12 team league?

There are a lot of backs in similar situations as Ingram. With the advent of the RBBC, now whether or not your team will be playing catch up is a huge factor and one that should always be taken into consideration when it comes to starting these types of RBs. Greene, Blount and Ingram specifically come to mind. As you probably already know NO was playing catch up for the entire game. It was definitely good to see Ingram getting 12 (or was it 13) touches in a game where Brees went to the air more times than not. He DID get stuffed in two crucial situations, but that was more so a product of poor play calling (sorry Peyton). I really like Ingram as a buy-low candidate simply because NO shouldn't be playing catch up all too often. That combined with the fact that he will more than likely get all the GL carries means he could eventually carry RB2 weight. For the moment, you need to treat him like a flex which also plays into him being a buy-low candidate.

There are a lot of backs in similar situations as Ingram. With the advent of the RBBC, now whether or not your team will be playing catch up is a huge factor and one that should always be taken into consideration when it comes to starting these types of RBs. Greene, Blount and Ingram specifically come to mind. As you probably already know NO was playing catch up for the entire game. It was definitely good to see Ingram getting 12 (or was it 13) touches in a game where Brees went to the air more times than not. He DID get stuffed in two crucial situations, but that was more so a product of poor play calling (sorry Peyton). I really like Ingram as a buy-low candidate simply because NO shouldn't be playing catch up all too often. That combined with the fact that he will more than likely get all the GL carries means he could eventually carry RB2 weight. For the moment, you need to treat him like a flex which also plays into him being a buy-low candidate.

Great post. :thumbsup: I think that what we saw last week was his floor; he has mostly upside. I'd stash him if you got him, and buy low if you don't.

I'm an Ingram owner, so keep that in mind. But I agree with what was posted above. Even in a game where NO was playing catch up, Ingram almost had twice the carries as PT/Sproles combined....and when NO tried to make a concerted effort to establish a run game early in the 3rd, they force fed Ingram....who had a few decent runs.

If/when NO gets up on teams, and is trying to control the game, Ingram could put up RB2 numbers.

As far as how he looked....his speed isn't anything special, but he doesn't go down on first contact and has good vision....and he has two mountains at Guard in front of him. There's gonna be some nice holes for him to run through against teams not as quick as GB.

I think there are better days ahead for Ingram.

My gut impression watching the game was that Sproles is a talent that makes something happen every time they give him the ball, so he's going to be stealing the RB pass plays from Ingram all season long and maybe more if he keeps it up.

My gut impression watching the game was that Sproles is a talent that makes something happen every time they give him the ball, so he's going to be stealing the RB pass plays from Ingram all season long and maybe more if he keeps it up.

I dont think anyone drafted ingram to be a pass catching back. And those are the plays sproles gets in that offense. Ingram should see about 15 touches a game. NO is trying hard to establish a balanced attack, specially if they have a lead.

So buy low.