Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Carolina Panthers #2 in Total Offense?

could you have ever have guessed that one?? lol ... i know they will most likely come back down to earth... but damn you have to sit back and say WOW!...because of one guy this team is completely different on offense.

2nd only to the ridiculous New England Patriots who are nearly 100 yards ahead of everyone else.. and i find it somehow ironic that after some of San Diego's coaching staff went to the Panthers they are sitting right above the Chargers themselves in total offense...

that ladies and gentleman is why the QB is the most important position in football... and leaves the question for the day.. with Carolina's new "Toy" in Cam Newton.. revamped offense with the additions of Shockey/Olsen/Nanee.. and a new coaching staff that has taken a lot of San Diego's offensive/defensive mindset with them.....

is it realistic to believe that the Panthers can finish in the top 10??

No...they have had 0 running game and dont even try to run it...Cam is not going to throw for 400 yards a game, they are 0-2 because of it...they will start to lean on the run more

No...they have had 0 running game and dont even try to run it...Cam is not going to throw for 400 yards a game, they are 0-2 because of it...they will start to lean on the run more

exactly. there is zero chance in hell. Come week 10, if they're in the top 15 I'd be surprised. Teams will catch up to Cam, they'll start paying mroe attention to smith, and they won't be throwing it around 50 times a game. They do have a solid run attack, so if they start using it a bit more, they'll be far more balanced, but that won't keep them as a top 2 offense, not this year with the way teams are throwing it around. Not unless DWill and Stewart start ripping off 200 yards a game. Not impossible, but highly improbable...

I completely disagree with this... Cam Newton is the sole reason the offense has been this good, sure he will not throw 400 yards ever game that is a given..... they have run the ball and will get better as the season goes on...they have also won the time of possession battle in both games thus far

Week 1 Time Of Pos.

Carolina 32:47 27 rush, 37 pass;

Arizona 27:13 25 rush, 27 pass

Week 2 Time Of Pos.

Carolina 32:34 21 rush, 46 pass

Green Bay 27:26 21 rush, 30 pass

Carolina has won the time of posession battle by over 5 minutes in each of the first two games. Carolina has more rushing attemtps than their opponents. Cam moving the ball keeps the clock moving, two yard run plays don't.. and I don't see their philosophy changing too much... we all knew Green Bay was going to intercept him a couple of times, and plus i am sure the Panthers were aware that beating Green Bay was a long shot anyways... and they were playing from behind for most of the game

I think vs the Jags this week we will continue to see a very similar offensive game plan...when you are moving the ball that well you really do not start changing things, especially if you are running a pretty balanced offense and are winning the possession battle... not to mention they have had to put the ball in his hands because the running game hasn't been effective at all because teams are stacking 8 in the box.. what is better to run the ball up the middle for 2 yards, or throw the ball with your QB who can make plays?? until defenses give them something different they will continue to throw the ball, and from Cam has shown he can do, why would they get away from big passing plays even when they run the ball a little bit more???

The biggest thing the Panthers need to do is get a better defense...as long as they get behind all year they will continue to throw that much

I am not convinced that they will be able to continue this throughout the season. Let's see what Newton does when he gets past Week 10 and he hits the wall and they are in the cellar.

I also don't think that they have no running game. That is going to come along as the season goes on.

I completely disagree with this... Cam Newton is the sole reason the offense has been this good, sure he will not throw 400 yards ever game that is a given..... they have run the ball and will get better as the season goes on...they have also won the time of possession battle in both games thus far

Week 1 Time Of Pos.

Carolina 32:47 27 rush, 37 pass;

Arizona 27:13 25 rush, 27 pass

Week 2 Time Of Pos.

Carolina 32:34 21 rush, 46 pass

Green Bay 27:26 21 rush, 30 pass

Carolina has won the time of posession battle by over 5 minutes in each of the first two games. Carolina has more rushing attemtps than their opponents. Cam moving the ball keeps the clock moving, two yard run plays don't.. and I don't see their philosophy changing too much... we all knew Green Bay was going to intercept him a couple of times, and plus i am sure the Panthers were aware that beating Green Bay was a long shot anyways... I think vs the Jags this week we will continue to see a very similar offensive game plan... when you are moving the ball that well you really do not start changing things, especially if you are running a pretty balanced offense and are winning the possession battle...

The biggest thing the Panthers need to do is get a better defense...

Their leader in rush attempts is the QB...Sorry thats not going to continue, or Cam will continue to throw 3 ints a game

Their leader in rush attempts is the QB...Sorry thats not going to continue, or Cam will continue to throw 3 ints a game

yea i am sure the running game will get better, and thanks Captain Obvious for the bold statements... Cam Newton will obviously not continue to be the leading rusher on the team, they just weren't able to run very well the first two games because like i said they were stacking 8 in the box... and when the RB's start running better... let me ask you this... wouldn't that make the offense better?? how on earth does that make the offense worse???