Sign in to follow this  
greggorymac

Frank Gore

What do you guys make of Gore going forward? Will the ankle injury only hinder him for a couple weeks or do you think this will be a lingering injury to last the majority of the season? His injury also opens the door for Hunter to a possible timeshare. When Gore gets healthy does he return to a 20+ touch back?

I'm trying to ascertain how low Gore's current value is... Would you take Steve Smith(CAR) for Gore if you were the Gore owner?

I think Smith has a chance to have a fine season. His only bad game is where Cam was not able to throw as much because of the rain. The season may be up and down for Cam and Smith but I think they will put up decent numbers. I don't think overrated qualifies as a descriptor for Smith considering what he has done with mediocre QBs his entire career.

I think Smith has a chance to have a fine season.

Smith's numbers have declined for the past two years. He's now 32, plays for the pathetic Panthers, and his QB is a rookie. Weeks 1 and 2 have inflated people's expectations.

I'll give him credit for being one of few good 5'9" WRs in the history of the NFL, but the good times are over.

Why is everyone still down on Smith? He's in position to have a good year - great value in the draft if you got him.

7 in the box, 1 CB on WR2, 1 Spy on Cam, CB & Safety on Smith. Nearly every pass play being called is for Smith. Plenty of targets for him to eat up this year.

Smith's numbers have declined for the past two years. He's now 32, plays for the pathetic Panthers, and his QB is a rookie. Weeks 1 and 2 have inflated people's expectations.

I'll give him credit for being one of few good 5'9" WRs in the history of the NFL, but the good times are over.

The "pathetic" Panthers will be behind in a lot of games requiring Cam to pass. The rookie QB started the year off with 2 400+ yard passing games. Smith may very well disappear but the Panther's will probably be passing a lot this year so someone has to get the targets.

Gore will come around. He still has a lot left. Remember the West coast offense is very complex and the offensive line is still figuring it out since their was the lock out. Gore has not had a chance to get two yards forward before having pressure in the backfield. Once the line gets a better grasp of the schemes expect bigger numbers from Gore. But I would also pick up Hunter :thumbsup:

The rookie QB started the year off with 2 400+ yard passing games.

A lot of QBs have started off hot. Apparently defenses were still catching up from the lock-out. Expect Cam's numbers by mid-season to be mediocre at best.

What do you guys make of Gore going forward? Will the ankle injury only hinder him for a couple weeks or do you think this will be a lingering injury to last the majority of the season? His injury also opens the door for Hunter to a possible timeshare. When Gore gets healthy does he return to a 20+ touch back?

I'm trying to ascertain how low Gore's current value is... Would you take Steve Smith(CAR) for Gore if you were the Gore owner?

I just traded Gore for Steve Johnson. Slightly a response to Britt going down, but mostly due to Gore's declining status.

I just traded Gore for Dustin Keller and Plaxico Burress. I'm done with him and wanted to get something for him while I could.

Something is going on in San Fran with Gore and Harbaugh that is not good at all. Gore completely disappears on the TD drive after an awful day of 12 inches a carry. Them he self proclaims himself injured, right after which the coach says he's fine. Fast forward a couple of days, Gore says he doesn't know if he can play or not, Coach says he expects Gore to play and there's nothing wrong with him. :shocking:

Fock that! Not only do I have to put up with 2 yards a carry from an aging back on a crappy team but I also have to deal with these shenanigans throughout the week? Nope. I have Kendall Hunter. Maybe Gore will come around and be like his old self, but that's the scary part :unsure:

hunter didn't really improve on gore's production when he was in (aside from the TD run). his ypc was just as terrible. also, gore is better at pass protection, which many rookies struggle with. I have gore and tried trading him but it was hard to get anything worthwhile offered. prob best to just hold him and see if things get better as the year goes on. they can't really get too much worse! i would consider smith for gore only if i was really in need of help at WR and had a couple other strong options at RB. if gore is healthy he will get the lion's share of the touches. hell even if he's hurt he'll be out there. he usually plays through injuries unless they're really bad.