Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Greg Olsen Week 4 Outlook

Olsens last 3 games.

4-78

1-34 (TD called back due to pentalty,ect)

7-57-TD

He could easily be going for his 3rd td in a row.

Bears have allowed the 3rd most points to TEs this year and will look to take away Smith deep with their Cover 2 look. That should leave Olsen and Shockey to work the middle, and I have to think Olsen has extra motivation and is possibly schemed to be more involved against his former team.

I'm getting the gut feeling his in for a good game but personally have a tough time getting him into my lineup b/c he's my te 2 behind Graham who is unbenchable right now.

I'm strongly considering Olsen over AJ Green, who has a great matchup against vs Buffalo but threw up a dud vs San Fran. Until Dalton becomes reliable he's still going to be subject to those. Sure, I'd be counting on another rookie in Newton but I think we'd all agree he looks to be on another level.

Anyone have a good feeling about Olsen this week?

Who are you getting him into lineups over?

Edited by Mike FF Today
Changed "week 3" to "week 4"

He got dropped in my league last week and I picked him up at the first opportunity. Am starting him instead of Dickson and McMichael. I started the season with M. Lewis. (drafted just prior to the Garrard cutting :angry: )

Rolling with Olsen over Fred Davis who laid an egg for me on Monday night.

Waited on TE during the draft and took Olsen and Jared Cook. Dropped Cook for Davis after week 2. Started Olsen week 1 and 2 and Davis last week...ugh!

Bears have allowed the 3rd most points to TEs this year and will look to take away Smith deep with their Cover 2 look.

The bears are 26th against the pass. Steve Smith may have a career day and is the primary option for cam.

The bears are 26th against the pass. Steve Smith may have a career day and is the primary option for cam.

Stats don't always tell the tale. The bears have played Atlanta, New Orleans and Green Bay. I wonder if there is a reason they are currently '26th against the pass'?

Smith may blow up, but may also be slightly hindered by the notoriously terrible soldier field conditions, but that doesn't make the te a bad play.

Bears against tes in 2011:

Finely 7-85-3

Graham 6-79-0

Gonzalez 5-72-0