Sign in to follow this  
EaglesForever

Is it time to trade CJ2K?

As expected, I'm getting offers to move Chris Johnson. Given his lackluster performance through 4 games, is it time to move on?

Didn't he run for over 100? I am one of those guys trying to trade for him right now.

The Titans aren't scoring a ton of points - but they are starting to move the ball. Hasselbeck is throwing it all over the field and that only has to help CJ get back into stride. After PItt this week, Titans following 4 games are Houston, Indy, Cinci, and Carolina - I'm holding on to him.

The Titans aren't scoring a ton of points - but they are starting to move the ball. Hasselbeck is throwing it all over the field and that only has to help CJ get back into stride. After PItt this week, Titans following 4 games are Houston, Indy, Cinci, and Carolina - I'm holding on to him.

The Titans scored 31 points this past week. I know it's the New NFL and teams are scoring more, but 31 is above the average.

Screw Pitt, they're in the bottom half for rush D now. Johnson's future seems bright.

The Titans scored 31 points this past week. I know it's the New NFL and teams are scoring more, but 31 is above the average.

Screw Pitt, they're in the bottom half for rush D now. Johnson's future seems bright.

Last week was a good week, but even with that output the Titans are mediocre when it comes to putting points on the board. They rank 18th in scoring and are averaging 22.0 ppg - not stellar. The schedule is favaorable coming up though - I look for CJ to start producing for me and all other owners.

Last week was a good week, but even with that output the Titans are mediocre when it comes to putting points on the board. They rank 18th in scoring and are averaging 22.0 ppg - not stellar. The schedule is favaorable coming up though - I look for CJ to start producing for me and all other owners.

All good points. Thing is, I was in this same situation two or three seasons ago. I had CJ with the number 1 pick, he basically sucked the first three games of the season, I panicked and traded him and then he blew up. I think I'll ride this one out...

You sell high buy low...Its not the other way around....And your chance for buying low is running out quickly, if not already one after the 100yrd game

I got one of them feelins' that CJ is gonna get nothing but stronger after the bye.

Teams are gonna scheme for Hasselbeck and all that passing, and CJ is gonna get bigger.

Buy low.

I dont think I would trade him at this point.

I have seen a couple Titans games this year and they are good. They are the Bill Simmons "Nobody Believed in us Team." They got up early on Cleveland and just fed the rock to Cj2k in the second half and he started to respond. He had 4-5 runs where he slipped through a crack and got decent yardage, he is not back to his old self but he is improving.

Opponents in both games stacked 8 in the box and dared Hasselbach to beat them through the air, he did. Cj2k's running lanes will open up as long as Hasselbach stays healthy.

so is it unanimous that all of you are trying to get or are keeping CJ2K ... i am about to trade him for A Bradshaw and S Jax ... 2 for 1. Would any CJ2k owners do this right now? Im thinking of staring both of them and tradinging away tolbert and starks for a descent wr2. Comments please

so is it unanimous that all of you are trying to get or are keeping CJ2K ... i am about to trade him for A Bradshaw and S Jax ... 2 for 1. Would any CJ2k owners do this right now? Im thinking of staring both of them and tradinging away tolbert and starks for a descent wr2. Comments please

I'm a CJ2K owner. No way would I take Bradshaw and Steven Jackson. I had Bradshaw last year and he's good, but he never puts up anything outstanding. I would regard Steven Jackson the same way. So, if your goal is to get average players and stay out of last place, go for it. But if you're actually trying to win the championship, you need to keep CJ2k. As far as trading Tolbert and Starks for a Steve Smith (Ca), go for it.

I'm a CJ2K owner. No way would I take Bradshaw and Steven Jackson.

Ditto.

I'm a CJ2K owner. No way would I take Bradshaw and Steven Jackson.

So what is his value in your opinion. I cant trade starks and tolbert because im using them as my RB2. I had JCharles but obviosly had is the operative word. I can only trade them if i stack up on RBs via a 2 for 1 trade. My team is in my sig .. what do you suggest? Should i maybe trade welker for r mathews and j nelson? im at 2-2 and in desperation mode.

No way. After living through the lean weeks, I am living and dying with CJ now. He is not back to form yet, but he's getting closer.

Another point, his fullback, Ahmad Hall, who is a very good blocker, comes back off suspension this week. That could help some.

And at some point, teams are going to have to take 8 out of the box to slow Hass down, and CJ will rip them a new one.

So what is his value in your opinion. I cant trade starks and tolbert because im using them as my RB2. I had JCharles but obviosly had is the operative word. I can only trade them if i stack up on RBs via a 2 for 1 trade. My team is in my sig .. what do you suggest? Should i maybe trade welker for r mathews and j nelson? im at 2-2 and in desperation mode.

Dude take a deep breath and get a hold of yourself. What does it matter what any of us think? It's your team and your league. Figure out what you'd like to do and go for it.

I had garbage RB's except for Foster who is hopefully back. But i was stacked at WR's with Welker, VJAX, Steve Smith, Boldin and Maclin. Traded Steve Smith for CJ. I had kept Vick as my keeper from last year so my line up going out is Vick, Arian Foster, Charles Johnson, Welker, Vjax and (Maclin/Boldin) Not bad. I'm currently 1-3 so I had to do something to hopefully bring me out of the basement. I'm banking on Chris Johnson heating up and taking advantage of an easy schedule.

I had garbage RB's except for Foster who is hopefully back. But i was stacked at WR's with Welker, VJAX, Steve Smith, Boldin and Maclin. Traded Steve Smith for CJ. I had kept Vick as my keeper from last year so my line up going out is Vick, Arian Foster, Charles Johnson, Welker, Vjax and (Maclin/Boldin) Not bad. I'm currently 1-3 so I had to do something to hopefully bring me out of the basement. I'm banking on Chris Johnson heating up and taking advantage of an easy schedule.

I think it's safe to assume Foster is back. And Charles Johnson should be back to form within a week or 2.

Another point, his fullback, Ahmad Hall, who is a very good blocker, comes back off suspension this week. That could help some.

This is what I was about to say. My guess is that this hurt his performance almost as much as the holdout did.

So there I was, staring at my Charles on IR, a gimpy Austin, a broken Colston, a hindered Hernandez, and a bummed ankle Gore. Pretty chitty luck eh? So what? I was 3-0 and was riding Cam Newton and Andre Johnson and Jimmy Graham. An owner came along and offered my CJ2K and DeSean for Andre. After a few days, I pulled the trigger...the rest is history! :headbanger:

Traded Chris Johnson and the GB D for Phillip Rivers and Vjax....Im thinking I came out well in the trade. My QB was Big Ben and My wr's sucked so now I have Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones running.....

Starting Lineup

...not that pretty but an upgrade....I hope

QB Rivers

RB Hillis

RB Felix Jones

WR Vjax

WR B Llyod

WR S Holmes

TE Olsen

D Saints

thoughts?

Traded Chris Johnson and the GB D for Phillip Rivers and Vjax....Im thinking I came out well in the trade. My QB was Big Ben and My wr's sucked so now I have Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones running.....

I wouldn't have done it. AFC West should be an enviable division, but the Chargers struggled against the Chiefs, and Rivers has only put up 1 TD per game in the last two and just two against NE in week 2. I like CJ's chances going forward and his team and schedule as a whole more than the Chargers.

That said, you did get an excellent QB and a great WR in the deal, so I wouldn't have laughed at your or called it a bad deal. I'd just rather not pin my chances to two guys on the same underperforming team. Jackson caught 5 balls against the Chiefs and just three against Miami. His yards and TDs are still there, but that would concern me. I'd have just picked up a FA QB like Hasselbeck, Campbell, or other comparative starter (assuming they're available) and rode with CJ.

Welker for Ryan Mathews and J Nelson sounds better. Welker can't continue this pace. But, your WRs still take a hit with that trade. You're 2-2, so you should only be trading if the trade benefits you in all areas, imo. I guess I'd stand pat, and comb the waiver wire.