Sign in to follow this  
PatMcGroin88

Cam Newton Trade - keeper league

Non PPR, keeper league.

I was offered Ray Rice, Romo and Finley for Newton, Beanie Well and Gonzalez. I drafted Newton in the 13th round, I can now keep him for 3 years in that round. Should I make the trade and have a chance to win this year? Right now I'm 2-2. It would be nice to have Romo Bryant combo as well

Thanks for the help!!

depends on what the rest of your team looks like

I think you should do this trade:

Beanie Wells is an enormous talent, but he has many question marks. Ray Rice, on the other hand, is a virtual lock to put up top-3 RB numbers for as long as he stays healthy. (Advantage Rice)

Gonzalez is having a very good year and certainly looks to have something left in the tank, but Finley is 24 years old and playing in the most potent passing offense in the NFL. (Advantage Finley)

Cam Newton has certainly looked great over the first four games, but Tony Romo is no slouch either. He has a career 95.3 Passer Rating, and remember, he's been playing these last few weeks without a healthy Dez Bryant or Miles Austin. At this point, it is too early to say that Newton will even be better than Romo going forward...and if he is, the difference should not be enough to prevent you from doing this deal. (Push)

The only question mark here is the setup of your league's keeper system. If it is some weird system that rewards you for keeping low draft picks, then you may want to reconsider...if it's a straight keeper league with an annual re-draft...pull the trigger now!