Sign in to follow this  
stitchface247

Offered Crabtree for Titus Young? Am I missing something

I picked up Titus Young off the waivers yesterday to sit on my bench because my WR depth is pretty weak. I figured he'd be a decent one week WR 3 option. My understanding is that he isn't a consistent play. I was offered a trade for Michael Crabtree in exchange for Titus Young today. Why even offer this trade. It seems superfluous to me but am I missing something? Is Titus Young a really good pickup?

Just to be clear, I am not asking if I should make the trade. I am only asking if Titus Young is expected to be a valuable WR fantasy wise. I haven't read that but I might be missing something.

I know what you're asking but I want to address the trade which in turn should answer your initial question. If this is a PPR league, make the trade now. Tree is finally near 100% healthy foot wise and he should make for a good WR3/Flex play with upside in PPR leagues. You aren't missing anything. All the hype surrounding Young is strictly due to upside. It's large but doesn't outweigh the consistency Tree will bring you in a PPR league. Young is still a rook and 3.5 in the food chain. Also, if this is standard, the trade is a wash and indeed unnecessary.

Young is getting lots of looks from QB Stafford .. more than Burelson. Calvin has a history of getting injured and normally misses a couple games. If that happens, Young could blow up for a short while. Not saying he will put up Calvin like numbers but his targets would see a significant increase. Stafford > A Smith = more upside with young if you can hold on to him but if your weak at wr and need to play 3, maybe its worth it to you to aquire crabtree.

Young is getting lots of looks from QB Stafford .. more than Burelson. Calvin has a history of getting injured and normally misses a couple games. If that happens, Young could blow up for a short while. Not saying he will put up Calvin like numbers but his targets would see a significant increase. Stafford > A Smith = more upside with young if you can hold on to him but if your weak at wr and need to play 3, maybe its worth it to you to aquire crabtree.

Your rational is that an injury as to occur to the #1 for Young to make any real fantasy impact. No such thing has to occur for Crabtree; if he's 100% healthy, he is the #1 target or at the very least 1A to Davis's 1B.

i did say that if he was deep at wr to sit on him, hes getting better with every game but if he was hurting to do the deal ...

Crabtree is a #2 option (behind Davis) on a terrible team with a horrible QB who gets covered by top corners. Titus is the #2 option on a good team with a money QB playing opposite a guy who will probably start to draw triple coverage if he keeps scoring two TDs a game. Yea Titus was a good pickup.

Just dropped Burleson for Crabtree.

He's getting healthy and is #2 on the team. Alex Smith is playing better and they have a great schedule.

I'd take Crabtree.

Crabtree is a #2 option (behind Davis) on a terrible team with a horrible QB who gets covered by top corners. Titus is the #2 option on a good team with a money QB playing opposite a guy who will probably start to draw triple coverage if he keeps scoring two TDs a game. Yea Titus was a good pickup.

No..no this is all wrong. You must pay better attention. SF targets..

Davis - 23

Crabtree - 19

Morgan - 14

Crabtree only played in 3 games to Davis's 4. Tree is averaging 6.33 targets a game where Davis is averaging 5.75. Tree had 9 targets to Davis's 6 last week. The week before Davis has 9 target to Tree's 6. This is a good indicator as to how the season will play out as long as Tree stays healthy. Like I said 1A and 1B. Also, don't look now but Smith has improved on his numbers weekly. He looked like a legit QB against PHI last week.

Let's check out the DET target report..

Megatron - 41

Pettigrew - 31

Young - 21

Burelson - 20

Young has slowly usurped Burleson weekly making him at BEST third in line(ironically Best is actually third in line with 28 targets).

Davis - 23

Crabtree - 19

Morgan - 14

Crabtree only played in 3 games to Davis's 4. Tree is averaging 6.33 targets a game where Davis is averaging 5.75. Tree had 9 targets to Davis's 6 last week. The week before Davis has 9 target to Tree's 6. This is a good indicator as to how the season will play out as long as Tree stays healthy. Like I said 1A and 1B. Also, don't look now but Smith has improved on his numbers weekly. He looked like a legit QB against PHI last week.

Megatron - 41

Pettigrew - 31

Young - 21

Burelson - 20

Young has slowly usurped Burleson weekly making him at BEST third in line(ironically Best is actually third in line with 28 targets).

being from phill and having watched every game ... its sad bt safe to say "everyone has looked good against philly" Smith is still a silly head who has had like 6 years to get better and hasnt!

being from phill and having watched every game ... its sad bt safe to say "everyone has looked good against philly" Smith is still a silly head who has had like 6 years to get better and hasnt!

I'm not saying he'll ever be worth starting in our fantasy world. I'm merely pointing out that he'll do enough to provide Tree and Davis with enough opportunities to produce. I'd rather have the #1 target on a bad team opposed to the #3 on a good team.

I'm not saying he'll ever be worth starting in our fantasy world. I'm merely pointing out that he'll do enough to provide Tree and Davis with enough opportunities to produce. I'd rather have the #1 target on a bad team opposed to the #3 on a good team.

so would you rather have crabtree or lance moore?

Tree, if Sproles wasn't there..easily Moore.

lol, your just saying that to prove a point

lol, your just saying that to prove a point

No, you asked me that question to prove a point. I answered you sincerely even though trying to compare Moore as the #3 to Young is laughable. I also own Moore in half of my leagues.

No, you asked me that question to prove a point. I answered you sincerely even though trying to compare Moore as the #3 to Young is laughable. I also own Moore in half of my leagues.

do you own crabtree too?

Keep Young simply because it allows you to use in a sentence "My girl has the Titus Young __________."

and im not trying to compare the two, you were saying that youd rather have a number 1 on a bad team then a number 3 on a good one. And thats the best i could come up with that quickly

and im not trying to compare the two, you were saying that youd rather have a number 1 on a bad team then a number 3 on a good one. And thats the best i could come up with that quickly

It's probably not ideal to use Moore since no team aside from possibly GB has a murkier WR situation. I don't own Tree in a single league <_<.

It's probably not ideal to use Moore since no team aside from possibly GB has a murkier WR situation. I don't own Tree in a single league <_<.

so you dont own crabtree but you do own moore in "three" leagues but youd still rather have the number 1 on a bad team over a number 3 on a good 1? I think you just proved my point ...

so you dont own crabtree but you do own moore in "three" leagues but youd still rather have the number 1 on a bad team over a number 3 on a good 1? I think you just proved my point ...

Haha you never had a point. At this juncture I am saying I'd rather have Tree and that's all that matters. Who I drafted before the start of the regular season is irrelevant. Tree had one foot, I didn't know how big of an impact Sproles would make etc etc. You're extremely dense huh.

Davis - 23

Crabtree - 19

Morgan - 14

Megatron - 41

Pettigrew - 31

Young - 21

Burelson - 20

this was a good reply and saved me the time of looking up the targets in SF and Detroit. Right now Titus is option 3.5 in Detroit (basically tied with Burleson but overtaking him quickly). Crabtree is returning to health and is at worst 3 (including Gore) and at best 1. Braylon is still out but I don't expect him to make much noise as he really hasn't had any time with Smith to gel. IMO Crabtree > Young.

this was a good reply and saved me the time of looking up the targets in SF and Detroit. Right now Titus is option 3.5 in Detroit (basically tied with Burleson but overtaking him quickly). Crabtree is returning to health and is at worst 3 (including Gore) and at best 1. Braylon is still out but I don't expect him to make much noise as he really hasn't had any time with Smith to gel. IMO Crabtree > Young.

Since I included Best I thought it'd only be fair to bring Gore into the picture. So I went to go check and amazingly Gore only has 11 targets on the season(4th on the team). That's absolutely crazy. He has a total of 8 receptions which would put him on pace for only 32 catches, which out side of his rookie season would be a career low. You know Gore really is on the decline when he doesn't get a real bump in PPR leagues.