Sign in to follow this  
pimptastic69

I'm going to try cooking a frozen turkey tomorrow

Word is that it only takes an extra 2 hours or so to cook the bird from frozen solid.

http://busycooks.about.com/od/thanksgiving/a/cookfrozenturke.htm

Since the wifey picked up 3 frozen turkeys this year, and I have zero leftovers, I figured this is my chance to "sacrifice" one.

I love me some turkey, but it's always been a pain in the ass thawing it out. If this works, it'll be focking awesome. :pointstosky:

Word is that it only takes an extra 2 hours or so to cook the bird from frozen solid.

Since the wifey picked up 3 frozen turkeys this year, and I have zero leftovers, I figured this is my chance to "sacrifice" one.

I love me some turkey, but it's always been a pain in the ass thawing it out. If this works, it'll be focking awesome. :pointstosky:

B sure to take the crap out of the inside. BTW - Don't try the deep fry method! :o

I was lacking in leftover turkey also, so I got one on sale. Thawed it yesterday, brined it overnight, its drying out now in the fridge awaiting the Weber Smokey Mountain :thumbsup:

Just stick that frozen bird in a vat of hot oil and stand back, it will come back tasty and delicious in no time. Don't worry about those horror stories from others, it never happens. <_<

:dunno:

B sure to take the crap out of the inside. BTW - Don't try the deep fry method! :o

Do not worry about the bag with the heart, liver, etc. in the neck cavity or the neck in the center of the turkey. They can be removed during cooking, after the turkey thaws. There will be Salmonella spp. and Campylobacter jejuni on the turkey. However, because it is frozen, there is no drip, and transfer to hands or counter is not a significant risk.

Sounds great!

Turned out pretty well. Not great, but not horrible.

All I did was grease up the broiler pan, then cut open the frozen turkey wrap and away it went. 6 hrs later @ 325 I had a fine looking turkey measuring at 177 degrees.

I was expecting a lot less, so all in all I'd call it a success. :thumbsup: