Sign in to follow this  
DrG

Kahlil Bell

Any Chicago homers have any thoughts about this guy?

He hasn't gotten a lot of touches during the regular season, but the reports suggest he's more versatile than Barber.

I picked him up thinking they will end up keeping barber in his same role and give bell the heavier load. Just a hunch tho no insight.

Doesn't hurt.

If he has a BIG game this week with limited touches, you can be sure he'll have a bigger role the rest of the year.

I picked him up 'JUST IN CASE'.

I dropped Freeman for Bell as a 'just in case' behind Sproles and Greene...don't know if it's worth it. I did see a few carries he had after Forte went down, and he runs more like him than Barber does. I can see him getting more touches if Barber starts and sucks(still a vulture though.)

Anybody else have some more insight?

I've seen him in every preseason game. He's always looked really good and Barber is always getting hurt, so I picked him up. I see them splitting carries after some point. He's more likely to get a big gain than Marion.

Lovie said he thinks Bell is more likely to step into the Forte role than Barber. That probably means a third down, change of pace, receiving back. I'd still anticipate Barber to get the bigger chunk of carries, but Bell should have an immediate impact. Better chance to be relevant in ppr leagues, imo.

Of course, Lovie has also said Rex is our QB, Hanie is our QB, Chester Taylor is not being cut, etc.