Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

anyone nervous about Brees this week

@Tennessee ... about 40 degrees...Tennessee will try to run cj2k a lot. Tempering expectations for sure.

Nervous about his play 1st round of playoffs.

Actually thinking of playing Eli ...

Worrying about nothing or legit concerns?

Count me in as worried.

Every few games or so, Brees will throw in a "stinker" (comparatively), and they tend to be on the road outdoors. The Titans are decent on defense, especially pass defense and it is going to be cold. I do not see Brees having a Brees-like 300+ and 3TD game. I see something more like 250 thru the air and 2TDs, with a pick or 2 thrown in. Conversely, I can see the Saints going a lot more run heavy in this game bc of the weather and bc the Titans are not very good against the run. Additionally, I can see the Titans trying to control the clock by running CJ 30+ times this game.

The only way that I see Brees having a huge game is if CJ rips a couple of huge TD runs in the first half and forces the Saints to air it out a ton.

Of course, I am still not benching him, but my only other option is Palmer and I am not betting my fantasy life on Palmer over Brees. Brees got me here and I'm sticking with him. If I were you, I would stick with him too over Eli

@Tennessee ... about 40 degrees...Tennessee will try to run cj2k a lot. Tempering expectations for sure.

Nervous about his play 1st round of playoffs.

Actually thinking of playing Eli ...

Worrying about nothing or legit concerns?

I really don't think you can go wrong with either option this year. Eli is a top 5 guy but even when Brees "Stinks" it up, he still managed close to 300 yards and 2 TD's. Pass first team and the Giants finally have Bradshaw back and will need to start running the ball more to win these tough games. Eli has lit up the Cowboys the last few times.

That being said, no one will question you if you lose with Brees in your lineup, but if Eli is in there and you take a beating....you'll be kicking yourself.

I don't have Brees, but I am a Saints fan and Colston owner, and I'm benching him in favor of Julio Jones. I just don't see this being a pass heavy game, and last week's stronger emphasis on the running game indicates to me that Payton is getting things in motion for the winter run and playoffs. He must know that the road through the Superbowl will go through Green Bay, so now's the time to prepare for winter football.

I hope you guys are right. I'm going against him this week. Week 1 of my playoffs, and I need him to stink it up.

I wasn't nervous until this thread. I've got Stafford vs. MINN as an option, and 4 of the 5 Yahoo guys picked Stafford #2 overall this week. Hmm...

I don't have Brees, but I am a Saints fan and Colston owner, and I'm benching him in favor of Julio Jones. I just don't see this being a pass heavy game, and last week's stronger emphasis on the running game indicates to me that Payton is getting things in motion for the winter run and playoffs. He must know that the road through the Superbowl will go through Green Bay, so now's the time to prepare for winter football.

Ingram is out, fwiw.

lol at all the people that think Saints can win without brees going for 250 yards and 2 tds.

lol at all the people that think Saints can win without brees going for 250 yards and 2 tds.

250 and 2 tds is about right. If I had Stafford I'd start him over Brees, however, unless your league penalizes heavily for INTs.

Not on my team or any of the teams playing for that final playoff spot, so his performance is rather nonrelavent this week to me. However, in my pick'em pool I'm taking Tennessee +3.5 to cover over New Orleans. But with the total on that game teetering around 50, I'd say Brees should do fine. 3 passing touchdowns should be expected.

not one bit! Brees is the man & no Ingram means more Brees!!

No Ingram means Chris Ivory gets those carries. The Saints have a plan and they stick to it.

Saints D is not very good, especially on the road. Lots of points in this game and Brees will get his. His "stinker" is a better bet for ff success than trying to predict something better from third & fourth tier QBs.

I don't have Brees, but I am a Saints fan and Colston owner, and I'm benching him in favor of Julio Jones.

:wall: