Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

****Week 15 NFL Gambling Thread ****

Atlanta -11 vs Jacksonville O/U - 42.5

Leaning Atl and the U.

Pretty much agree. Not sure why Atlanta would add too many extra points on the board, rather than just running out the clock.

But Atlanta should cover the 11.

Crazy week last week 15-1 overall and 14-1 in props.

Props 113-73-4 +33.93 units

He's has 2 or more every game but two when he had zero. Seems like at least a push.

Harry Douglas (Falcons) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 2 (-115) Loser

Have two more plays but they are unders and it seems like the juice or yardage always sway in favor of unders the closer to game. So not making plays now, but for sure will be doing Ryan under 22.5, and heavily thinking about Roddy under 5.5 right now at +110

Matt Ryan (Falcons) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 22.5 (-130)Winner

Roddy White (Falcons) Total Receptions - Must Play

Under 5.5 (+125)ya know I knew this before, but Ryan suck Roddy Whites cack on prime time LOSER

I'm considering taking the Jags and the +12...8 out of there last 9 games they have at least covered a 12 point spread which includes games against the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, and the Texans twice.

I'm leaning toward the over on the game as well...depends how many prop bets I like though if I bet on that stuff.

I'm considering taking the Jags and the +12...8 out of there last 9 games they have at least covered a 12 point spread which includes games against the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, and the Texans twice.

The Jags have lost a lot of guys in their secondary since they were holding down those better passing attacks earlier in the year. They could not begin to cover the Chargers WR's a couple weeks ago. White, Jones and Tony G are going to be open a lot and the Falcons will score big I think. Falcons run defense has been very good this year. If they can shut down MJD the Jags cannot score.

The short week for Thursday games has seemed to hurt the away teams this year. Short travel for Jags in comparison to most but still another strike against them I think. :dunno:

The Jags have lost a lot of guys in their secondary since they were holding down those better passing attacks earlier in the year. They could not begin to cover the Chargers WR's a couple weeks ago. White, Jones and Tony G are going to be open a lot and the Falcons will score big I think. Falcons run defense has been very good this year. If they can shut down MJD the Jags cannot score.

The short week for Thursday games has seemed to hurt the away teams this year. Short travel for Jags in comparison to most but still another strike against them I think. :dunno:

Thursday Night Bets:

MJD to score a TD. Loser

Jags +13 1/2 Loser

Took a flyer on Julio Jones scoring the first TD of the game. Winner

Good-luck all!

NCAA Basketball: 181-147-7; +103.15 units

NFL Football: 95-72-7; +39.7642 units

International Soccer: 4-0; +20.0 units

NCAA Football: 147-154-11; -77.2685 units (I suck)

Thursday. Am I forcing plays on a night with few games? Maybe.

NCAA Basketball for 5 units

George Washington (-6.5) LOSER

LSU (-15) LOSER

Gonzaga (-11.5) LOSER

NCAA Basketball for 2 units

Savannah St (+24.5) LOSER

NFL for 2 units

Atlanta (-13.5) WINNER

Edit:

NCAA Basketball: 181-151-7; +84.45 units

NFL Football: 96-72-7; +41.7642 units

International Soccer: 4-0; +20.0 units

NCAA Football: 147-154-11; -77.2685 units (I suck)

Swung and miss on the Jags but came out ahead with Julio Jones.

Never bet on Gaebbert! :)

Taking Dallas and the O for Saturday.

Also liking Temple -7.

Also liking Temple -7.

Got my Temple bet in already.

Do you think we should start a College Bowl thread? I know interest in the college football games has waned as the season has gone along. I'm superstitious and don't want to start one myself (bad luck).

Felix Jones (Cowboys) Total Rushing Yards - Must Play

Over 90.5 (-115)Winner

Mike Williams (Buccaneers) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 4.5 (-145)Loser

Well, the Cowboys play in Tampa Bay Saturday night. At first glance it seems Dallas is the play. Dallas is -7 and the total is 47.5. I could be swayed either way here. I realize the Cowboys are the better team, but it is played in Tampa Bay. This is Tampa Bay's last home game. National television, Saturday night, and the only NFL game being played on Saturday. Cowboys have a good chance to make the playoffs and Tampa Bay has none. Dallas -7 is 77% picked in yahoo pickems. I'm leaning Tampa Bay, basically because one favorite won on Thursday and now it's time for a dog. But that's pretty lame.

NFL record 45-54-4 -12.05 units

6.5 Point Teaser (2 Teams)

Cowboys(Dallas) -0.5 (-105)

Saints(NewOrleans) -0.5 (even)Winner

Victor Cruz (Giants) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 5.5 (-140) Loser

15 - Hoping for Orton to get benched or hurt and Palko to come in and play. Seems like at worst a no action bet, maybe he is the holder and that counts as playing.

Tyler Palko (Chiefs) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 18.5 (-115)

Joe Flacco (Ravens) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 20Loser 4 yard pass 4 yard pass 4 yard pass abandon the run

Christian Ponder (Vikings) Total Completions - Must Play

Over 18.5 (-115)Loser, dumb bet knew Webb was going to get some snaps

Johnny Knox (Bears) Total Receptions - Must Play

Under 4.5 (-145)Winner "if he dies he dies"

Cam Newton (Panthers) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 21.5 (-115)Winner

Eric Decker (Broncos) Total Receiving Yards - Must Play

Over 43.5 (-115)Loser

Eric Decker (Broncos) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3 (-115)Loser

Aaron Hernandez (Patriots) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 4.5 (-140)Winner

Jeremy Maclin (Eagles) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3 (-140)Push fock off Desaen you cant line up correctly

I think this is a nice spot for one of those trap games. Both teams are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games. Though Tampa Bay went from -18 to -30 ATS in the last 2 games. There should be a bounce back from that. Dallas can still make the playoffs even if they lose this game. Since when does Dallas just win games they're supposed to this year?

Tampa Bay +7 (2 units) LOSER

Tampa Bay Even(+280) (1 unit) LOSER <<<==== Holy cow look at the retard pick of the week!

I think this is a nice spot for one of those trap games. Both teams are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games. Though Tampa Bay went from -18 to -30 ATS in the last 2 games. There should be a bounce back from that. Dallas can still make the playoffs even if they lose this game. Since when does Dallas just win games they're supposed to this year?

Tampa Bay +7 (2 units)

Tampa Bay Even(+280) (1 unit)

I guess you still have the 2nd half lol 28-0

NCAA Basketball: 204-180-8; +20.05 units

NFL Football: 96-73-7; +35.2642 units

International Soccer: 4-3; +.05 units

NCAA Football: 150-156-11; -73.2685 units (I suck)

Sunday. Well, yesterday was a historically awful day. Will add more.

NCAA Basketball for 5 units

Oral Roberts (+7) WINNER

Yale (-2.5) WINNER

South Dakota (-7,-6.5) LOSER

Missouri (-33) WINNER

Oregon 1st H (+1)@-105 WINNER

Oregon (+2.5) LOSER

Eastern Illinois (+17.5) WINNER

Montana St (+4) LOSER

1st H Eastern Ill (+9)@-105 WINNER

1st H Montana St (+2) LOSER

English Premier League Soccer for 5 units

Liverpool (PK)@-250 WINNER

Manchester City (-1)@+115 PUSH

NFL for 5 units

Washington (+6) WINNER

Kansas City (+11) WINNER

Minnesota (+8) LOSER

Seattle (+3.5) WINNER

Miami (+2) WINNER

Carolina (+6) WINNER

Tennessee (-6.5) LOSER

Oakland (+3)@-130 WINNER

Denver (+7.5)@-130 LOSER

NY Jets (+3.5)@-130 LOSER

Arizona (-6) LOSER

Baltimore 1t H (PK)@-120 LOSER

Baltimore (-1.5) LOSER

Good luck to all

Edit:

NCAA Basketball: 210-184-8; +28.05 units

NFL Football: 102-80-7; +24.2642 units

International Soccer: 5-3-1; +5.05 units

NCAA Football: 150-156-11; -73.2685 units (I suck)

Feeling lucky! :banana:

MIA +2

CHI -3

NYG -5.5

MIN +7

HOU -6

IND +7

STL +7

DEN +7

DET -1.5

NYJ +3

ARI -6

KC +11.5

BAL -2.5

Everyone must be on Kyle Orton's band wagon! LOL No thanks, will stick with GB.

That GB/KC line has driven me to insanity. Green Bay this morning is seeing 83% of the action. The line is 13.5. So I think that instead of buying up to +14, I'll wait to see the line go up. Much to my shock, the line dropped to 13, then 12, then 11.5, then finally to 11. Where it has sat for the last 2 hours. Un-focking-believable. The line move made no sense whatsoever, and I lost 2.5 points on line value. Motherfocker. The game is a trap, but I wish I had more line insurance with Kansas City.

That GB/KC line has driven me to insanity. Green Bay this morning is seeing 83% of the action. The line is 13.5. So I think that instead of buying up to +14, I'll wait to see the line go up. Much to my shock, the line dropped to 13, then 12, then 11.5, then finally to 11. Where it has sat for the last 2 hours. Un-focking-believable. The line move made no sense whatsoever, and I lost 2.5 points on line value. Motherfocker. The game is a trap, but I wish I had more line insurance with Kansas City.

LOL Doing exactly the same thing. Think I'll just stay away...this minute.

It's not looked good for me as far as the 1oclock games.

Took the Packers to score over 30 points, Chiefs has gave up over 30 points in 3 out of there last 6 games...Packers had scored over 30 points 9 out of there 13 games this year. Seemed smart

Also did my 4 team ML parlay with the Saints, Packers, Titans, and Giants.....Giants and Titans both losing.

Monday night = Redemption time

I don't want to dwell on the awesomeness of my Tampa Bay pick so time to move on.

At the beginning of week 15, 4 AFC teams were tied for the #1 seed if the clock stopped. Houston had the inside track by way of tiebreakers. Now, 2 out of the 3 teams lost outright(Baltimore, and Houston) thus leaving the #1 seed and #2 seed positions open to the Patriots and Steelers for safe keeping. I don't care if the Steelers start a quarterback off the street, they're not losing this game. This is huge incentive to be able to jump in front of a team that beat them twice and another team that beat them once. The Steelers know how to play big games and they know how to play road games. So, in an attempt to redeem myself I'll be playing the Steelers moneyline. I think this is actually a chance for the Steelers to redeem themselves. This line didn't come out until late in the week. I think it's an artificial line, one that Vegas had to come up with because there is a game on the schedule. I don't think they have it right. Today is the 19th, the Steelers didn't play since the 8th, where they beat Cleveland without much stress. Prior to that the Steelers whipped up on Cincinatti 35-7, December 4th.

So,does anybody else have lean or some kind of gut feel on this game? Steelers are 3 point dogs with an OVER/UNDER of 38.

Antonio Brown (Steelers) Total Receiving Yards - Must Play

Over 65.5 (-125) Winner

Rashard Mendenhall (Steelers) Total Rushing Yards - Must Play

Under 57.5 (even) Loser

Steelers - Total Completions vs the 49ers

Over 19.5 (-115)Winner

Monday night = Redemption time

Lets hope!

MNF bets:

Total score is over 37 1/2 points

Vernon Davis -5 1/2 receiving yards vs Heath Miller

A. Brown over 4 receptions