Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

*** Official College Bowl Games Gambling Thread***

Hope you guys are all fading this, lost my last 14 bets in NCAA never seen anything like it. Tihs is adding the Keyshawn Martin loser bet for prop

:shocking:

Who do you like in Rose? (So I can pick opposite...)

:shocking:

Who do you like in Rose? (So I can pick opposite...)

He has to win eventually, no?

Once Swrivin' said he picked Mich St to win, I knew my pick on Mich St. +3 was doomed.

EDIT: May have spoke to soon.

Just added Darron Thomas under 226 1/2 passing yards. Loser

Have to have Michigan St. to pull this one out to stay alive in my pickem league...then Wisconsin and Ok. St. winning tonight :huh:

The Under looked like a given in the Mich St/Geo game, who woulda thunk no defense would have been played at the end.

I can't get a feel for the Ok St/Stanford game. May go Over 74.

The Under looked like a given in the Mich St/Geo game, who woulda thunk no defense would have been played at the end.

I can't get a feel for the Ok St/Stanford game. May go Over 74.

Boy, MSU staff coaching scared. Guess must have something to do with having not won a bowl game under this regime.

Chance to go for 2 and win the game in regulation. Kicked the PAT.

UGA hits FG to start 2nd OT. MSU throws the ball on both 2nd & 3rd and 3, having to settle for a FG.

MichiganSt +130

Dantonio has to win a bowl game eventually right?

Also guy I was somewhat following or at least looking at his picks a lot is like 18-5 or 18-3 in bowl games. He went "tout" after the regular season though. He was only charging $25 for all of his picks. Guess I should have paid.

WINNER. I knew my alma mater would come through for me

Bowl Record ATS: 17-10

Oklahoma State -4 Stanford: Oregon beat Stanford by getting pressure on Luck and forcing Stanford into a shootout. OSU's pass defense has an abysmal rating, but I think that's due at least in part to every opponent being forced to throw, throw and throw some more. Conversely, I watch a lot of PAC Whatever, and Stanford's defense played two good offensive units: Oregon and USC. Despite all the talk of Luck, I expect Stanford to try and pound OSU with the run; it's where they've been most vulnerable all season. I just don't think they can keep up with the OSU attack. Oklahoma State wins and covers plus a bit. LOSER

Good luck to all!

Mich. St keeps me alive in my pickem pool..have to have Wisconsin and Ok. St to win though.

Wisc should have gone for it on 4 and 2 at the Oregon 35, keep the pressure on Oregon...this is going to be a track meet and playing conservative is not going to cut it in this game! :thumbsdown:

Bowl Record ATS: 16-10 (pending outcome of Oregon/Wisconsin)

Oklahoma State -4 Stanford: Oregon beat Stanford by getting pressure on Luck and forcing Stanford into a shootout. OSU's pass defense has an abysmal rating, but I think that's due at least in part to every opponent being forced to throw, throw and throw some more. Conversely, I watch a lot of PAC Whatever, and Stanford's defense played two good offensive units: Oregon and USC. Despite all the talk of Luck, I expect Stanford to try and pound OSU with the run; it's where they've been most vulnerable all season. I just don't think they can keep up with the OSU attack. Oklahoma State wins and covers plus a bit.

Good luck to all!

I was originally thinking the O, but also think Stanford will try to run a lot. I also wonder how much incentive Luck will have, I'm sure he doesn't want to get hurt! :dunno:

Might go Ok St and the U-74.

I was originally thinking the O, but also think Stanford will try to run a lot. I also wonder how much incentive Luck will have, I'm sure he doesn't want to get hurt! :dunno:

Might go Ok St and the U-74.

74 seems a bit high to me, but I don't play O/U very often.

For as maligned as their defense has been, OSU has only given up 30+ four times this year, and two of those were the first two games of the season vs La Lafayette and Tulsa, which they won by nearly 30 each. Lots of backups played late. Other than that, it was Kansas State (the game I figure Stanford has been watching tape of) and the 2OT loss at Iowa State.

Also I'm in 21st place in bowl pool out of about 190. Have some high points game left so actually looking pretty good

Also I'm in 21st place in bowl pool out of about 190. Have some high points game left so actually looking pretty good

Nice.

If Wisconsin can find a way to win and Ok. St wins tonight then I would be making a run for the money.

Is Wisc really this bad and overmatched at D or is Oregon this good?

Oregon's this good offensively.

LSU and USC have great speed in their defensive front seven. Badgers are big, but not especially fast.

Thats game :wall:

Yeah, that a-hole couldn't just run out of bounds? He's 6-inches from the friggin' side line!!

If Wisconsin coach wouldn't have burned 2 timeouts in the first 5 mins of the 3rd quarter then Wisconsin would still have a realistic shot.

The clock was started before the ball was snapped!!

I suppose Wisc should have had a play ready regardless...

The clock was started before the ball was snapped!!

It always starts before the snap. It wasn't a dead ball; just temporary stoppage to move chains. Clock starts on the official's signal, not the snap.

That was an incredibly stupid move by Wisconsin.

Thats a terrible way to lose.

Well I am now mathematically out of the money in my pool.

It always starts before the snap. It wasn't a dead ball; just temporary stoppage to move chains. Clock starts on the official's signal, not the snap.

Yeah, clock starts on the official's call, too bad THAT official is behind the QB!!! That being said, how do they not just come up and throw a pass in the endzone? Is Wilson that inept to call his own play? How about showing some balls and leadership! :wall:

Yeah, clock starts on the official's call, too bad THAT official is behind the QB!!! That being said, how do they not just come up and throw a pass in the endzone? Is Wilson that inept to call his own play? How about showing some balls and leadership! :wall:

Always starts on that signal/whistle. But the rest I agree with. Incredibly stupid to try and spike it with that little time.

funny thing is they were all lined up to run a play...why not just run it? :doh: right up there in stupidity with webber trying to call a non-existent timeout back in the day.

idiot.

Had to back it up to make sure I heard this stat correctly.

Oklahoma State has defended nearly 1100 plays from scrimmage this season, just one of the reasons their defensive rankings are so poor.

Alabama, the nations top ranked defense, has defended fewer than 350 plays.

Guess Kent State, Penn State, Georgia Southern, North Texas and Ole Miss aren't the offensive juggernauts they're cracked up to be.

Sorry. My last beating of a dead horse for the evening.

Should have seen it, Ok St playing as though they should have been playing LSU in the Championship and wanting nothing to do with playing in this game! Fock! I wish I took the U just to wash. :wall:

BTW - What's up with Blackmon? I thought I heard he has some leg issue and playing on meds to keep the swelling down? If so, Ok St is definitely doomed, I wish this came out before the game started.

Should have seen it, Ok St playing as though they should have been playing LSU in the Championship and wanting nothing to do with playing in this game! Fock! I wish I took the U just to wash. :wall:

BTW - What's up with Blackmon? I thought I heard he has some leg issue and playing on meds to keep the swelling down? If so, Ok St is definitely doomed, I wish this came out before the game started.

Maybe I'm on Meds! Nice timing, who else on Ok St can I rip on!! :music_guitarred:

Don't panic. OSU can score in a hurry.

Don't panic. OSU can score in a hurry.

Yeah, but they decided to not play defense...they aren't covering anyone.

Yeah, but they decided to not play defense...they aren't covering anyone.

Were you under the impression that they were a good defensive team?

Were you under the impression that they were a good defensive team?

Good point, but they did hold Oklahoma AND Texas Tech to a combined 16 pts 2 of there last 3 games, so I was hoping for some semblance of defense. They just don't seem inspired, at least defensively...like I said, they are probably bummed to not playing in the big game!

Good point, but they did hold Oklahoma AND Texas Tech to a combined 16 pts 2 of there last 3 games, so I was hoping for some semblance of defense. They just don't seem inspired, at least defensively...like I said, they are probably bummed to not playing in the big game!

I've seen each of their games this year. This is closer to who they are defensively. The Bedlam game is always a strange event. Tech sucks.

It's their biggest bowl game since the 40's. I don't think motivation is an issue.

I've seen each of their games this year. This is closer to who they are defensively. The Bedlam game is always a strange event. Tech sucks.

It's their biggest bowl game since the 40's. I don't think motivation is an issue.

I beg to differ (just read there comments and how disappointed they were at not making the big game), and it's showing, should have seen it coming.