Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

*** Official College Bowl Games Gambling Thread***

Ok St might as well concede a long TD, it's inevitable Stanford will score. Then they have a chance to tie it and go into OT.

Wondered why they wouldn't use TO to save time for their offense.

Ah, thought that was going to get me my cover. Too bad.

Great job by Ok State to hang in there and keep playing. Go Pokes!

2011-12 Bowl Record ATS: 17-11

Feeling good about this bowl season, as Iowa remains my only multiple unit play to lose to this point.

Line has moved from VT -1.5 to Michigan giving as many as 3. Jumped on it early, getting Michigan +1.

Virginia Tech -1 Michigan: This game should be a fairly even matchup, beginning with the fact that neither team deserves to be here. Neither won their conference, both finished ranked in the teens...but they do both travel very well, so why should we see teams like Boise, TCU or Kansas State who actually belong?

Michigan's Robinson is a dynamic runner and often disastrous passer. VT's QB Thomas looks more like a D-lineman than a QB but throws the ball well and doesn't make too many mistakes. Both teams have some gaudy defensive rankings but after seeing the rest of the ACC and Big Ten teams in the post season, I think we know why that is; they don't play any good offenses.

So what's the pick between two so evenly matched teams? Did you watch yesterday? Michigan's kicker is steady if not spectacular. Tech's kicker waas arrested for B&E; his backup was suspended for breaking curfew; so they're on their third kicker. Michigan +1 WINNER

ETA: Forgot to add that my wagering on the games, at least the BCS games, is over. Have no problem with the Rose, which has maintained integrity because it doesn't need BCS money, or Fiesta which did it right in matching 3 vs 4. I can't bring myself to invest any money in this crap system, so picks going forward have no financial involvement. Won't pick or watch the Bullshit Cartel Scheme title game.

Moneywise I finished up 5 units.

Good luck to all!

So what's the pick between two so evenly matched teams? Did you watch yesterday? Michigan's kicker is steady if not spectacular. Tech's kicker waas arrested for B&E; his backup was suspended for breaking curfew; so they're on their third kicker. Michigan +1

He actually broke into a VT basketball player apartment, I think he was trying to snag some weed but not totally for sure on that.

Great point about the kicker situation...seems like it has played such a big role in these bowl games. I like the over tonight, its at 51 1/2 and VT is averaging around 29 points a game and Michigan averaging around 34 points. Both have QB's who can make big plays and David Wilson is one of the best RB's in college football.

He actually broke into a VT basketball player apartment, I think he was trying to snag some weed but not totally for sure on that.

Great point about the kicker situation...seems like it has played such a big role in these bowl games. I like the over tonight, its at 51 1/2 and VT is averaging around 29 points a game and Michigan averaging around 34 points. Both have QB's who can make big plays and David Wilson is one of the best RB's in college football.

Buddy of mine who coached NCAA and WFL always says that when in doubt, pick the team with the better kicking game. Often overlooked aspect.

Neither team deserves to be here.

I'm in 13th place in that big pool, and have 24 points in Va Tech most other people have Michigan so this game is huge and would almost guarantee a payout.

Might even hedge a little in a Michigan bet

Bowl Games (6-1)

Wilson over 122 1/2 rushing yds Loser

Thomas over 1/2 rushing TD Winner

Wilson over 122 1/2 rushing yds

First play I see in the game is Wilson trying to make something out of nothing and lose 20 yards on it.... :wall:

Michigan is such a bad team. Bail out Hail mary pass. Dumbass turnover. Fake FG and lineman catches it. Another INT and look at that magical flag comes out in favor of Michigan.

They played one good team this yr and got their ass handed to them. I lover Dernards amazed look as his "500" jump balls get picked off. Seriously though more team should run this offense.

Run around for 2 seconds and throw a 500 ball. You either get pass interference, a catch or worst case a 30-40 yard "punt"

West Va +3 or Clemson -3 (can't decide), but did take the O-61.5. Seems like Clemson will just win by a FG anyway and it will be a wash.

Michigan is such a bad team. Bail out Hail mary pass. Dumbass turnover. Fake FG and lineman catches it. Another INT and look at that magical flag comes out in favor of Michigan.

They played one good team this yr and got their ass handed to them. I lover Dernards amazed look as his "500" jump balls get picked off. Seriously though more team should run this offense.

Run around for 2 seconds and throw a 500 ball. You either get pass interference, a catch or worst case a 30-40 yard "punt"

Ha.......bitter comments from a fan of little brother.

2011-12 Bowl Record ATS: 18-11

Nice job by backup kicker last night, but there's a difference when kicking them under that kind of pressure.

Clemson -3 West Virginia: This might be a very entertaining bowl game. Potential for lots of points with two coaches who don't hesitate to pull out all the stops. Clemson looked like a legitimate contender the first 8 weeks, then took 3 bad losses, but redeemed themselves a bit by winning the conference vs Va Tech. WVU was cruising then ended up having to win a 3 way tiebreaker to win the Big East.

Clemson's top RB Ellington will be healthy for the first time in a while, and they have great young playmakers at QB and RB. They need it, because their defense, outside of the line, is way below average. They lost to teams that could neutralize them up front with a good running game (except NC State; still can't figure that one). WVU is more balanced defensively though they've been incredibly erratic, giving up 45 points or more in their three losses to #1 LSU, bowl team Louisville ...and 1-6 in the conference Syracuse. Mountaineers do have a really good QB in Geno Smith, who will likely play at the next level. Just not sure they've got enough firepower to match Clemson. When the Tigers can run, they win. And I think they'll run successfully. ACC is 0-3 vs the Big East in bowl games. I think Clemson gets them on the scoreboard. Clemson -3 LOSER SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED THE TREND

Good luck to all!

Read there were over 12,000 empty seats for that crap fest last night. First Sugar Bowl without a Top 10 team since 1945. Congratulations and thanks, BCSPN!

Bowl attendance down pretty much across the board:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2012-01-03/college-football-bowl-attendance/52368758/1?csp=ip

TV ratings down for Rose Bowl. Up for Fiesta over last years OU-UConn matchup; not surprising given 3 vs 4, along with the interest in Ok State and Luck; but down over historical ratings. Can't wait to see the anemic ratings for last night.

Could the sheeple actually be waking up, one by one, to the farce that the Bullsh!t Cartel Scheme has made the post season of college football???

Read there were over 12,000 empty seats for that crap fest last night. First Sugar Bowl without a Top 10 team since 1945. Congratulations and thanks, BCSPN!

Bowl attendance down pretty much across the board:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2012-01-03/college-football-bowl-attendance/52368758/1?csp=ip

TV ratings down for Rose Bowl. Up for Fiesta over last years OU-UConn matchup; not surprising given 3 vs 4, along with the interest in Ok State and Luck; but down over historical ratings. Can't wait to see the anemic ratings for last night.

Could the sheeple actually be waking up, one by one, to the farce that the Bullsh!t Cartel Scheme has made the post season of college football???

Sounds like you watched the bowl game last night. And you've been paying attention so I'm guessing you've watched a lot of the other games. Does that make you one of the sheeple?

Sounds like you watched the bowl game last night. And you've been paying attention so I'm guessing you've watched a lot of the other games. Does that make you one of the sheeple?

Or you could try reading comprehension, though that's been established as a real weak point in your posts in countless other threads.

"Read there were over 12.000 empty seats...". Didn't watch a second. Highlights of kicker missing pretty much unavoidable on morning tv. No need to watch to know that this year's Michigan and Virginia Tech teams would generate a crapfest in a game which should repsresent the elite teams in the country.

Go back a few posts and you'll find (but probably not comprehend) my statement that I bet on the early bowl games which are the same meaningless exhibitions (not beholding to the BCSPN) that they've always been, but don't bet on anything past the Rose (which has maintained integrity because they don't need BCS money to exist) and this year's Fiesta (#3 vs #4...the next teams in the standings... which is how all the BCSPN bowls should be).

At this point I make my picks with no money involved and not a second spent watching; just finishing off the thread in which a group of people have participated throughout the bowl season. I've picked up info that helped from some. Hope I've returned the favor.

But thanks for joining in and bringing nothing!

Or you could try reading comprehension, though that's been established as a real weak point in your posts in countless other threads.

I didn't realize I was so popular with you. :wave:

I didn't realize I was so popular with you. :wave:

Yep, just like the "special" kid who bags groceries at the Safeway.

Yep, just like the "special" kid who bags groceries at the Safeway.

Be careful or he'll steal your job re-stocking the shelves.

Be careful or he'll steal your job re-stocking the shelves.

Nope. I'm too tall, and he's afraid of ladders. Even with his helmet.

Well now that this sissy fight is over

Final plays for today

Clemson/WVU OVER 64Winner

WVU +3.5Winner

Tease WVU +10.5 to OVER 57Winner

Dwayne Allen (Clemson) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3.5 (-130)

I think the bowl director told both teams to not play D or they will never be invited back to this bowl! LOL

I took O-61, but then took the U-64 to hopefully middle. Not gonna happen, this is obviously going to be Over 100 and quite a joke to college football and betting!! They should actually make an attempt to play D to make it look somewhat realistic! :thumbsdown:

Clemson's last 6-games were U and WV last 3 U, all below the 60pt mark, with both playing good D, suddenly they forgot how to tackle and cover anyone? Scam... :bandana:

Well now that this sissy fight is over

Final plays for today

Clemson/WVU OVER 64Winner

WVU +3.5

Tease WVU +10.5 to OVER 57

Dwayne Allen (Clemson) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3.5 (-130)

Was playing COD so only had it in on background but wow thats a lot of points, not sure about the prop but the other ones looking good.

Ark is 0-4 ATS in away games with 3-Overs + K-State is 5-0 ATS in away games with 4-Overs = K-State and the Over (sure, why not, nothing else has worked lately)! :dunno:

Don't have a magic formula for Saturday, but leaning Pitt -3.5 and U-47.

Bowl Games (7-3)

Arkansas/K State over 64 1/2 pnts

Tyler Wilson over 2 TD passes

2011-12 Bowl Record ATS: 18-12

I've missed college football this week. Glad for a real matchup between deserving teams...you know, something other than what the BCSPN delivers.

So here it is, The Forgotten Bowl. Free TV. One of only three bowls this season to pit two Top 10 teams. Two schools about 350 miles apart that haven't played since 1967. Bill Snyder's remarkable resurgence with a Kansas State team that was supposed to be in the 6 win range. Arkansas continues what has become a top flight program.

Arkansas -8.5 Kansas State: An argument can be made that Arkansas is the #3 team in the nation. They got that high in the polls, and their only two losses are to LSU and Alabama, the top team in the country and one that belongs somewhere in the #5-8 range(final commentary on the Bullshit Cartel Scheme Make Believe Title game). They got blown out in each, but both were on the road. KState had 9 of 12 games decided by a TD or less and showed they could play with any offense in the country. QB Collin Klein is FUN to watch; he is the offense. A great runner, he's improved as a passer as well.

I think the Razorbacks will simply abuse the Wildcats pass defense, one of the worst in the nation. They won't shut down KState by any means, but eventually Klein will be forced into passing, and that's not their game plan. It's a LOT of points, especially considering how many of KSU's gamers have been close. But I like Arkansas -8.5. WINNER

Season ends Sunday for me. Good luck to all!

I'm on Arkansas (-8.5) tonight.

Good luck to all.

I'm feeling better about my Kansas State pick after you three are all on Arkansas, and since the line went from Ark -7.5 up to Ark -9.5, I feel even better with the public pounding Ark!

Good luck to all that picked K-State!

I'm feeling better about my Kansas State pick after you three are all on Arkansas, and since the line went from Ark -7.5 up to Ark -9.5, I feel even better with the public pounding Ark!

Good luck to all that picked K-State!

57% on Arkansas. Not much of a pounding. Yet, the line moved more than it should have. Line move points to Arkansas.

Good luck.

57% on Arkansas. Not much of a pounding. Yet, the line moved more than it should have. Line move points to Arkansas.

Good luck.

Where did you get that figure, just curious!

Figures, I take the U-64 in WV/Clem and it goes over a 100...I take the O-63.5 in this game, and with great field position, no scoring and 2-punts! Teams must be a little tight! :thumbsdown:

OK, I guess there were so many complaints about the lack of officiating in the WV/Clemson game, they decide to call everything and making this game booring as hell...awesome!

There was no hold on that play, game is fixed! LOL

Suddenly these teams decide to start playing D?? Yeah, right!

EDIT: I'm starting to figure this out...Vegas makes sure not many points are scored in one game (Mich/Va Tech), then bettors start thinking Under, so calls for tons of points in the next game (WV/Clemson) and make a killing, then calls for the the Over in the next game (Ark/K-State), and will make another killing when it's the Under (with help of the refs)! :cheers:

Damn, it's taken me this long to figure it out...I've already taken the U in the Pitt/SMU game (47), but it's now down to 46.5...I'd advise to take the Over!

Oh, OK, this game isn't fixed...how much does Jerry Jones have on this? Nice tackling (er, non, tackling). The drops by K-State WR's...seriously, this is really a joke!

I've been betting for the bettor part of 20-years, and I can pretty much guarantee that Collin "clown" Klein and his "droppsie" WR's will make more money on this game alone then they ever will playing professionally at any level...just sayin'.