Sign in to follow this  
sperri40

Jordy Nelson & other Packers starters...

Nelson is pretty much my #1 WR, however there is a possibility that GB sits some of their starters after the first quarter. I have Garcon on my bench...do I make that swap? Is GB really going to start resting these guys?

I am kind of thinking since Jennings is already hurt, they may tend to be careful with their starters so they go into the playoffs as close to full strength as possible. But starting Garcon over Nelson makes me gag a bit.

Nelson is pretty much my #1 WR, however there is a possibility that GB sits some of their starters after the first quarter. I have Garcon on my bench...do I make that swap? Is GB really going to start resting these guys?

I am kind of thinking since Jennings is already hurt, they may tend to be careful with their starters so they go into the playoffs as close to full strength as possible. But starting Garcon over Nelson makes me gag a bit.

I would hate to roll Nelson as my number one guy this week, I do plan to play him but that will be as my 3rd/flex option with Roddy and Dez as my 1-2.

I do expect a half of work min and that could easly be 3/4 of the game if it stays reasonable.. The problem is we are all making assumptions based on what the colts, ect did over the years.

Does anyone have any solid info/quotes that back up the expectations that green bay pulls all the studs after a 1/4

back to your question I say you cant possibly play Garcon over Nelson IMO.

Greenbn bay needs to clinch the 1 seed first.

I think they come out swinging

Why would GB rest their starters when they don't have home field advantage clinched yet?

Why would GB rest their starters when they don't have home field advantage clinched yet?

If San Fran loses Saturday(very real possibility) then before the Packer game even starts Sunday the Packers will have the #2 seed locked up...

If San Fran loses Saturday(very real possibility) then before the Packer game even starts Sunday the Packers will have the #2 seed locked up...

Doesn't Green Bay clinch the #1 seed with a SF loss since they own the tie-breaker over the Saints by beating them in week 1?

Doesn't Green Bay clinch the #1 seed with a SF loss since they own the tie-breaker over the Saints by beating them in week 1?

Yeah #1 seed, sorry that's what I meant but didn't type, so if San Fran looses GB has nothing but pride left to play for:)

Yeah #1 seed, sorry that's what I meant but didn't type, so if San Fran looses GB has nothing but pride left to play for:)

San Fran can definitely lose to Seattle, so this is a possibility.

never bench your studs.

Most weeks- you're right. However, there are reasons to bench some of them at this point, depending on what their team is playing for.