Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dynasty Rankings - Tight Ends

I was lucky enough to snag Gronkowski with my 13th round pick last year in my keeper league. Missed out on Graham but oh well.

We can keep up to 2 players a year & forfeit the round they were drafted. A single player can be kept for up to 2 years after the initial year they were drafted.

I traded to get Nicks @ an 8th round value last year, but he has only one more year left as keeper status. I plan on keeping Gronk @ the 13th rounder as well as AJ Green @ an 7th rounder. For the sake of a debate, would anyone possibly keep Nicks over Gronk under that scenario?

I traded to get Nicks @ an 8th round value last year, but he has only one more year left as keeper status. I plan on keeping Gronk @ the 13th rounder as well as AJ Green @ an 7th rounder. For the sake of a debate, would anyone possibly keep Nicks over Gronk under that scenario?

No. I'd go Gronk and AJ too.

Obviously, it's impossible to say anything bad about Graham as a player, but I would wait on Brees' contract situation to get cleared up (I expect it will, but still...) before ranking him #1.

Gronk and nicks.. you said his keeper value is a 8th correct? aj green is a 7th?

Nicks can only be kept for an 8th rounder this year, but both AJ (7th rounder) & Gronk (13th rounder) can be kept for 2 years. Not to mention I'm a Bengals fan, so Green is a lock.

Wow going 35 deep is ballsey. The Fleener ranking caught my eye right off the bad. Lots of uncertainty there. It is hard to rank him anywhere until after the draft.

Guess I was going for symmetry there :D (35 QBs, 50 RBs, 50 WRs, 35 TEs)

Re: Fleener - I set the precedent of ranking rookies at the other three positions, so I felt I needed to do the same at TE despite the fact Fleener's destination is more of a mystery than any rookie included in the four sets of rankings. However, I am confident that Fleener is going late first or early second and no team is going to take him there with the idea that he won't play right away. Certainly, where he ends up matters A LOT. But as I said in the blurb, I think the league pretty much knows what he is and be willing to think a bit outside the box with him.

Additionally, I planned all along to use the rookie recaps that I'll be writing over the next two weeks in order to supplement (and possibly adjust) where the rookies are ranked in these dynasty pieces.