Sign in to follow this  
dolphindan1

Weird error after I download and open

Mike,

Weird issue....excel 2010...I download do a few things and save...when i open again I get a message that says

"excel found unreadable content in draft buddy etc.xlsm do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? if you trust the source of this workbook, click yes"

i have a yes and no option....so I click yes...draft buddy will open...a box pops open...box says it was able to open file by repairing or removing the unreadable content...then it lists a bunck of print setting errors...here is the log

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error034360_01.xml</logFileName>

<summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\new user\Desktop\draft_buddy_football_2012_1.5.xlsm'</summary>-

<removedRecords summary="Following is a list of removed records:">

<removedRecord>Removed Records: Object from /xl/printerSettings/printerSettings2.bin part (Print options)

</removedRecord><removedRecord>Removed Records: Object from /xl/printerSettings/printerSettings4.bin part (Print options)

</removedRecord><removedRecord>Removed Records: Object from /xl/printerSettings/printerSettings5.bin part (Print options)

</removedRecord><removedRecord>Removed Records: Object from /xl/printerSettings/printerSettings11.bin part (Print options)

</removedRecord><removedRecord>Removed Records: Object from /xl/printerSettings/printerSettings14.bin part (Print options)

</removedRecord><removedRecord>Removed Records: Object from /xl/printerSettings/printerSettings15.bin part (Print options)

</removedRecord><removedRecord>Removed Records: Object from /xl/printerSettings/printerSettings33.bin part (Print options)

</removedRecord>

</removedRecords>

</recoveryLog>

I then save...open again and same thing...I have re-downladed twice and same result...

any ideas

Strange that it doesn't do it the first time you open it, only after you save, close and re-open. I have had a couple people get this unreadable content error after which re-downloading has fixed it every time. I might suggest checking that your version of Office is up to date. Hopefully that does the trick.

At least this printer setting information is more than we've had to go on from others who reported the similar error, but I haven't changed any print settings, so I'm still kind of stuck what the problem might be. As I'm sure you know, I started from last year's file to create the one this year, so there shouldn't be anything new causing such errors. Unreadable content... geez Microsoft... <_<

I will download on my wifes computer and see what happens...I just bought this laptop so like you say it must be an error with it

I got the same error (Windows 7/Office 2010) when opening the file using Windows Download Manager. You know the program that asks if you want to open after you download. Second time, I tried opening it from Excel and it worked. 7 year repeat customer and can't wait!!