Sign in to follow this  
InIt2WinIt

Just drafted, how does this squad look?

First & foremost this league isn't a keeper league although I've been a member of it the past two years and am currently the defending Champion. Last year I rode Cam, among other waiver wire pickups led me to the chip. I have to mention that in this league every QB Touchdown = 6pts and every 20 Passing yards = 1pt. I had the first overall pick and my team looks like this:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Jermichael Finley

3. DeMarco Murray

4. Jordy Nelson

5. Dez Bryant

6. Stevie Johnson

7. Jahvid Best

8. Andrew Luck

9. Roy Helu

10. Owen Daniels

11. LaGarrette Blount

12. Laurent Robinson

13. David Akers

14. Dallas DEF

15. Mario Manningham

Any insight, viewpoints, feedback, observations would be appreciated.

We would need to know your roster set up also, but assuming its fairly traditional, you will need help at RB. Only 1 of your running backs is guaranteed to start. J. Best is still out indefinitely. L. Blount has mostly lost his starting job to a rookie. Any Washington RB is as likely to not touch the ball once in a game as they are to start. I dunno about taking J. Finley in the 2nd round. The guy has hands of stone and is the 3rd or 4th option in the Packer's passing game. His numbers look strong from last year, but they are inflated by a 1 100 yard 3 td performance that he never got closed to again. I think you'll have to find help in the WW cause it doesnt look like you got anyone for a good value that you could trade.

Okay, for starters, what in the hell where you thinking drafting Finley in the 2nd round. If you are going to get a guy like that, you better get value out of him. You overdrafted him by, I don't know, at least 3 rounds or 4. Also, tough to tell you since we don't know how many teams drafted.

Not sure how Murray fell to the 3rd, but imagine how great your RB's would have been if you got one in the 2nd, you really dropped the ball there. You got good value in your WR's, but you are really hurting at RB.

Just a tip, tell people how many teams and what your starting line up is at the very least. Hard to advise you without that.

I put in the subject header that this was a 12 Team PPR Snake. Subsequently, I definitely reached on Mr. Finley as the 24th pick. I got caught in a 'Need an elite RB/TE and they're flying off the boards' type of stupor. By the time I drafted Finley he was the #4 TE (Graham, Gronk, Witten!) off the board but I'm not mad because he was and still is on my sleeper list. I think he's going nuclear this year. Here's what I project my lineup to look like going into Week 1 barring any injury. Also, if available I am going to attempt a pickup for Cedric Benson courtesy of Mr. Blount.

QB1: Aaron Rodgers

RB1: DeMarco Murray

RB2: Roy Helu

WR1: Jordy Nelson

WR2: Dez Bryant

Flex: Stevie Johnson

TE: JerMichael Finley

K: David Akers

DEF: DAL

I have been proposed 2 trades recently:

Cam Newton + Steve Smith for Aaron Rodgers + Stevie Johnson = Not going to happen

&

Tom Brady + Wes Welker for Aaron Rodgers + Jordy Nelson = Interesting prospect considering I'm a UM Grad... but likely won't happen either.

I put in the subject header that this was a 12 Team PPR Snake. Subsequently, I definitely reached on Mr. Finley as the 24th pick. I got caught in a 'Need an elite RB/TE and they're flying off the boards' type of stupor. By the time I drafted Finley he was the #4 TE (Graham, Gronk, Witten!) off the board but I'm not mad because he was and still is on my sleeper list. I think he's going nuclear this year. Here's what I project my lineup to look like going into Week 1 barring any injury. Also, if available I am going to attempt a pickup for Cedric Benson courtesy of Mr. Blount.

QB1: Aaron Rodgers

RB1: DeMarco Murray

RB2: Roy Helu

WR1: Jordy Nelson

WR2: Dez Bryant

Flex: Stevie Johnson

TE: JerMichael Finley

K: David Akers

DEF: DAL

I have been proposed 2 trades recently:

Cam Newton + Steve Smith for Aaron Rodgers + Stevie Johnson = Not going to happen

&

Tom Brady + Wes Welker for Aaron Rodgers + Jordy Nelson = Interesting prospect considering I'm a UM Grad... but likely won't happen either.

I would've taken Gates or Hernandez over Finley. I'm worried that you're putting too much stock into the Green Bay offense. If Rodgers gets hurt, you're screwed. Who knows whats happening with Helu. Jahvid Best is a big question mark as well.

Wow, RBs are really week. Your RB2 isn't even going to start for his own team. QB and WRs are good. I'm a packer fan and to say you reached on finley is an understatement. I think he's a good talent but I expect his numbers to barely put him in the top 10. Guys like Pettigrew and Jared Cook are probably going to put up similar numbers in my opinion.

You can't win a league without RB play. Finley crushed your team all by himself. If you would have at least reached for Gates there I might have understood, but I have Finley as about 7th round material in the 3rd tier of TE's. You got some work to do on the wire or through trades.

I cringed right when I saw the Finley pick. You are obviously a big of a newb to ffball. Man you could have had a good team had you not taken Finley in the second. You cannot end a run like that on TE. When people zig you need to zag. Wow. Soooo many other options. I would have liked your draft better if you hadn't even drafted a TE and just picked one off of the WW. Finley isn't even playing right now. You are going to look back and think wtf was I doing. It's ok though that is how we learn.

Just a little food for thought. The third best TE in a non ppr format was Aaron Hernandez at 135 pts. The 12th best TE was Fred Davis at 95 points. That is a difference of 40 points. Over a 16 game schedule that is an advantage of 2.5 pts per game. That is IF Finley finishes third overall this year. If you had waited until the seventh best TE that is 119 points. A difference of 16 pts. 1 point per game advantage you had over drafting the fourth best TE over the seventh best TE. Plus you could have gotten Finley in the fourth round for sure. Numbers are your friend. Use them.