Sign in to follow this  
Big Zeke

Chris or Calvin Johnson?

10 team re-draft league, 0.5 PPR and 6 points all TDs.

Draft is Sunday, I draft 7th. QBs historically go very early in our league given 6 pts for TDs. My assumption is that the first 6 picks will in no particular order be: Foster, Rice, McCoy, Rogers, Brady, Brees.

I'm pretty set on taking either CJ2K or Megatron with my first round pick (unless one of my assumed first 6 falls, in which case I'll probably take that player).

So which Johnson would you take?

I'm leaning towards Chris, given how shallow I think the RB position looks this year and how (relatively) deep the WR pool looks...

CJ2K in my opinion. I think Locker moves that squad easier than Hasselbeck and I think the yards will be there for CJ2K and now this year the Td's will return as well

I am in a similar seventh spot dilemma. I am in a 12 team ppr league where you can use a QB in the flex spot. So 90% of the time teams play with 2 qb's.

I am thinking either Chris Johnson or stafford.

6 points ALL TDs?!

Stafford. Seriously.

But if you're dead set on one of the Johnsons, I'd go with Calvin. RB is a cluster...buck behind the top 3 guys this year.

If I was going RB in that situation, I'd probably grab Forte before CJ2K in a PPR league, FWIW.

Like others have said I think you have to go Stafford in a 6 pt pass td league. You should really give Cam some thought too, but 7 is likely too high. Take DMc or Forte before you take CJ2K IMO. If you want Megatron I think you can justify it at 7.

I was at seven as well and went with Megatron. I just couldn't fathom sitting through more of those 14 for 37 games and then watching Ringer come in during third downs. Too rich for me .......

Thanks all, good thoughts. It's a tough call - Megatron is more of a sure thing, but my gut tells me Chris will return to form this year and he's got all the upside (I don't see Megatron ever having a better year than last year). The league always surprises me with the ways people draft in different positions, so I may not even get this choice...

Also, I'm hoping either Stafford or Cam (or both) are there in Round 2 for me on the way back. I'd be very surprised if either went in round one, for me I think # 7 is too early for either (definately Cam, Stafford is debatable). They may not last, I'm not sure there are 13 better picks then either of them given our league scoring, but round 2 seems like the right place for both. If I miss out - I can have Matt Ryan or Eli in the 5th or later...

Thanks all, good thoughts. It's a tough call - Megatron is more of a sure thing, but my gut tells me Chris will return to form this year and he's got all the upside (I don't see Megatron ever having a better year than last year). The league always surprises me with the ways people draft in different positions, so I may not even get this choice...

Also, I'm hoping either Stafford or Cam (or both) are there in Round 2 for me on the way back. I'd be very surprised if either went in round one, for me I think # 7 is too early for either (definately Cam, Stafford is debatable). They may not last, I'm not sure there are 13 better picks then either of them given our league scoring, but round 2 seems like the right place for both. If I miss out - I can have Matt Ryan or Eli in the 5th or later...

My teams in my signature and I drafted #7 last Friday in a 10 team PPR redraft. I went Calvin, Stafford for picks one and two.