12 Team PPR - 6points for all TD's - Start- QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, D

My Team:

Rivers, Luck

Foster, Rice, Doug Martin, Donald Brown

Wayne, Crabtree, Kendall Wright, LaFell, Jerome Simpson, Doug Baldwin

Gates

Hartley

Detroit

Someone needs a starting RB with MJD still up in the air on his team...

He's willing to trade Mike Wallace for Doug Martin or will consider trading MJD for Doug Martin

Should I do either of these trades?

I know Foster and Rice both have the same bye week 8, but I can afford to lose 1 week if it means I win all other weeks!

Based on the roster, it looks like auction draft and OP blew his budget mostly on Foster and Rice. Hence why no money for true WR1 stud.

Drafting Foster and Rice in 12 team snake draft is near impossible.

And to answer original question, since you can't use a flex type position, you don't need that many running backs. Take the best WR you can get for Doug Martin. And do it before season starts and Martin potentially looks like ######. You going to be starting Foster and Rice all season. For bye week plug in Donald Brown and whatever RB on the waiver wire you can get. It's a PPR league starting 3 WRs. You need WR studs!

Based on the roster, it looks like auction draft and OP blew his budget mostly on Foster and Rice. Hence why no money for true WR1 stud.

Drafting Foster and Rice in 12 team snake draft is near impossible.

not near impossible - absolutely impossible !

I actually made a trade before the draft started. I started with #3 draft pick and traded my 2.10 and 3.3 rounds(snake draft) for 1.2 and 15.2. Aaron Rodgers went #1 and so I took Foster and Rice at 1.2 and 1.3. But I didn't get my next pick until 4.10 where I picked up Gates and at 5.3 I picked up Rivers (7 QB's went in the first 13 picks in my league). With the depth at WR's this year, I didn't worry about it too much going into the draft, but then all those QB's went off the board...at 6.10 I picked up Wayne then I got Doug Martin at 7.3 (couldn't pass him up when I knew I could trade up for a WR sometime). So there's how I ended up where I am... still projected to win the league even with the sorry WR's I have... but I need some re-assurance at that position... or just run with what I have, make some Waiver and Free Agent pick-ups to play the match-ups each week in the WR category.

not near impossible - absolutely impossible !

Well theoretically, one could draft with a group of chimpanzees. ;)

Someone needs a starting RB with MJD still up in the air on his team...

He's willing to trade Mike Wallace for Doug Martin or will consider trading MJD for Doug Martin

Should I do either of these trades?

I know Foster and Rice both have the same bye week 8, but I can afford to lose 1 week if it means I win all other weeks!

I would probably take MJD for Doug Martin if you didn't need a WR so bad. I'd rather have a different WR than Mike Wallace though. See what else you can get.

I actually made a trade before the draft started. I started with #3 draft pick and traded my 2.10 and 3.3 rounds(snake draft) for 1.2 and 15.2. Aaron Rodgers went #1 and so I took Foster and Rice at 1.2 and 1.3. But I didn't get my next pick until 4.10 where I picked up Gates and at 5.3 I picked up Rivers (7 QB's went in the first 13 picks in my league). With the depth at WR's this year, I didn't worry about it too much going into the draft, but then all those QB's went off the board...at 6.10 I picked up Wayne then I got Doug Martin at 7.3 (couldn't pass him up when I knew I could trade up for a WR sometime). So there's how I ended up where I am... still projected to win the league even with the sorry WR's I have... but I need some re-assurance at that position... or just run with what I have, make some Waiver and Free Agent pick-ups to play the match-ups each week in the WR category.

Still projected to win the league according to who? Foster and Rice are great backs but not sure it's worth having if your WR's are that weak.I honestly don't think you'll be close to winning it and might be lucky to make playoffs. All it will take are a few bad games by Foster and Rice and you will easily be losing in those weeks. Looks like you have a possible WR2 and WR 3. I like Wayne and Wright could have some upside but I honestly think your team would have been better off with Foster, White, Mathews, Cruz/Marshall/Nelson, and took Martin in 5th. I would never trade away my 2nd 3rd pick for a 1st and 15th. Maybe if I could have gotten a mid round pick I would have done it. I honestly think your going to struggle. Who's to say playoff time Foster and Rice won't be sitting. If that's the case your are totally screwed!!! Houston will run away with it in that division and I'm guessing Foster will be resting his legs! With that said, Good luck!

Still projected to win the league according to who? Foster and Rice are great backs but not sure it's worth having if your WR's are that weak.I honestly don't think you'll be close to winning it and might be lucky to make playoffs. All it will take are a few bad games by Foster and Rice and you will easily be losing in those weeks. Looks like you have a possible WR2 and WR 3. I like Wayne and Wright could have some upside but I honestly think your team would have been better off with Foster, White, Mathews, Cruz/Marshall/Nelson, and took Martin in 5th. I would never trade away my 2nd 3rd pick for a 1st and 15th. Maybe if I could have gotten a mid round pick I would have done it. I honestly think your going to struggle. Who's to say playoff time Foster and Rice won't be sitting. If that's the case your are totally screwed!!! Houston will run away with it in that division and I'm guessing Foster will be resting his legs! With that said, Good luck!

Houston might run away with division, but they won't be running away in the AFC. No way they rest Foster before week 17, unless they locked up home field.

Houston might run away with division, but they won't be running away in the AFC. No way they rest Foster before week 17, unless they locked up home field.

Still early to predict home field and what not. Pat's should be favored but all it takes is an injury or two. At that point in the season they might be a game or two out of having homefield but have a spot clinched.

As for the league; who's to say their's not playoffs in Week 17? Hate those leagues but I do belong to a couple.

If Foster's hammy acts up he could easily sit. Tate is a very reliable backup and I could easily see him sitting if he something happens to him down the stretch.

Just saying theres a danger in owning Studs like that if the scenario plays out. Not having a deep bench could easily cost you especially when your teams scoring is heavily weighted on the performance of two players.