Sign in to follow this  
brees6221

Strongest NFL Teams for fantasy players

This concept is completely new to me, could use some help. After my league's draft tonight, we're doing a "Teams" draft. Using the same draft order as our standard fantasy league, each owner drafts 3 NFL teams and a second league is set up where you form a team using any players from the active rosters of your three teams. Sounds interesting...without knowing the specifics of scoring, who do you guys think are some of the strongest teams? I'm trying to think of teams with the most quality fantasy players and I can come up with a few, just not sure if I'm on the right track...thanks.

New to me as well but a rough guesstimate would be:

NE

ATL

DET

HOU

DAL

NO

PHI

GB

NYG

DEN

New to me as well but a rough guesstimate would be:

NE

ATL

DET

HOU

DAL

NO

PHI

GB

NYG

DEN

Agree but i'd move Hou down a bit. Foster and AJ are about the only fantasy relevant players I want. Next team in line would be Chargers?

For the most part just take a top 12 qb ranking and draft those teams.

Consider adding: Houston, Chicago, Tampa, Buffalo, KC, ect

Not a bad idea... I think it would be better to take an ADP list and average the draft position for the top 3 or 4 players on each team. Like for instance GB would have (these are guesses) Aaron Rodgers (8) Greg Jennings (25) Jordy Nelson (50) = average ADP 27.6. Then rank the teams that way. I would probably try to find some way to bump up the teams with a top 3 RB or QB or Calvin Johnson even more though. I gotta think it would go something like New Orleans, Green Bay, Detroit, Atlanta, NY Giants, New England, Chicago, Houston, Philly, Baltimore, Dallas, San Diego, Tennessee, Carolina... everyone else...

You would also have to think about how the teams strengths fit into your needs. So you might take Atlanta first, getting a couple WR1s, maybe a QB1 and a RB3, then take TEN for a RB1 and WR2-3 and a back up QB then take St. louis for RB2 and a couple decent WR/TE back ups. I think this would be fun, but will probably be very unfair.

What positions are in you league? If there is a flex spot and you can use 2 TEs then go for NE: top QB, top TE, Flex in Hernandez, top WRs (Lloyd, Welker). Then complement with a team with a great RB (BAL, HOU, OAK, TEN).

This is a pretty cool idea. I might suggest it in one of my leagues where the guys in it love any reason to gamble. Plus, it would be the fastest draft I've ever been in!