Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Another sjax thread! Hop on the wagon

Jackson had an extremely quiet yet productive August. In three preseason appearances, he rushed 17 times for 89 yards (5.2 YPC) and caught one pass for six yards. New coach Jeff Fisher is going to employ a conservative, run-heavy scheme that could lead to a massive workload for Jackson. He's been creeping up our board and is now No. 10 among fantasy running backs. "I'm very happy with Steven," Fisher said after the preseason finale.

This season is his last horah...fisher is going to run him ragged. I expect a great year

^^^^^that was per rotoworld

I've been saying here and elsewhere, combine Sjax's trend of 40-50 receptions with fisher's probable 350 carries and you've got a guy going at the turn or later that may give you 1600/12tds. Stud year for Steven.

I've been saying here and elsewhere, combine Sjax's trend of 40-50 receptions with fisher's probable 350 carries and you've got a guy going at the turn or later that may give you 1600/12tds. Stud year for Steven.

Don't fall for it guys.

The guy is brittle and doesn't score TDs. He's also on the Rams. Who suck.

He's played 16, 15 & 16 games the last 3 years. He is not brittle but has been carrying that tag for awhile now. St Louis sucked last year and he was RB 10 in my league. Same as the year before when be was top ten. This year, with fisher at the helm, rams will be better, more scoring opps, many of which will go to fishers new toy RB.

Career year.

I agree with the potential. However there's a lot of tread on those tires. I'm starting to think that Isaiah Pead is going to see some time seeing how Jax's inability to play a full 16 games.

I hope your right cause I drafted Jackson not expecting much out of my 3rd rb.

I hope your right cause I drafted Jackson not expecting much out of my 3rd rb.

Who are youre RB1 and RB2? I think everyone should be pleased if SJackson is their RB3. I've got McFadden/Murray/SJax

Most people fail to recognize that in a standard scoring format, Steven Jackson has averaged 12+ points per game in every year since 2005. In terms of fantasy production, that has made him a top 15 running back in every year over that time span. As for the injuries, he has missed 13 games in his 8 year career. It is not like he is Darren Mcfadden, who has missed 16 games in the last 4 years or Ryan Mathews, who has missed 6 games in the last 2 seasons. When you look at his production and durability objectively, he actually grades out a lot better than many running back that are being taken ahead of him this year.

Am I guaranteeing that he will finish in the top 15 this year and play at least 15 games? No, obviously nothing in fantasy is guaranteed, but I do think he makes a great option as a RB2 that is capable of averaging 13 points per game and those are low-end RB1 numbers in a standard scoring non-ppr format.

I've never been a Sjax owner, I've always thought the price tag was too high. I doubled down with him as my RB2 this year though and am pretty excited. Although he has the most wear and tear on him than any other starting RB in the league, he's looked very fresh in preseason action. Last year STL threw the rock 2/3 of the time in the RZ with very little success. I'm betting that trend won't continue and Sjax sees a little bump in TD totals. Oh, and he's missed two games in three years. Not trying to jinx it but there are far more injury prone RBs going in the first couple rounds this year.