Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Ryan Williams vs. Beanie Wells

anybody watched williams ? does he take over this year ? who's more talented ???

anybody watched williams ? does he take over this year ? who's more talented ???

I think Williams wins the job, but my expectations are pretty low based on that O-line. Could be the worst unit in the NFL.

More talented? Who knows. Least injured? I think Williams wins that hands down. Ive drafted Williams in a couple of leagues and think he could be a pretty good middle to late season RB2, once Beanie's Knees wear out again. Of course as Flagatorguy says, that O Line could be a huge issue, especially now that Levi Brown is out.

If you're drafting either guy to be anything other than a bye week fill in or possible flex (rb3 @ best) I can't really help you.

I do like Williams better & I think he'll get the knod at some point but I'm not expecting much for reasons already mentioned. Still, you could do worse.

If you're drafting either guy to be anything other than a bye week fill in or possible flex (rb3 @ best) I can't really help you.

I do like Williams better & I think he'll get the knod at some point but I'm not expecting much for reasons already mentioned. Still, you could do worse.

You draft Williams predicated on the fact that Beanie has a hard time staying healthy. Of course, the O-line woes are real and the QB play is suspect, but anyone who could possibly get the lion's share of carries in any backfield this year is going to be worth more than a "flex at best". You could mostly credit this to the attrition at the position. Williams is talented and if he ever gets a chance to show what's he's worth he definitely has RB2 upside. Williams is actually one of the higher upside bench stashes right now.

You draft Williams predicated on the fact that Beanie has a hard time staying healthy. Of course, the O-line woes are real and the QB play is suspect, but anyone who could possibly get the lion's share of carries in any backfield this year is going to be worth more than a "flex at best". You could mostly credit this to the attrition at the position. Williams is talented and if he ever gets a chance to show what's he's worth he definitely has RB2 upside. Williams is actually one of the higher upside bench stashes right now.

Beanie Wells put up 1k yards and 10 TDs in 14 games a year ago. Ryan Williams walked in the door with an injury, same as Beanie.

Just get them both cheap (should be easy) and ride whoever is healthy. Beanie basically saved my season in 2011 after Peyton Hillis sucked/injured his way to nothingness. He has value.

Good point & you're right. I guess it depends on league size. In a 10 team (or smaller) league my guess is that the Arz. RBs wouldn't be much more than I stated. 12+ teams, where RBs hold a little more value the deeper you go into the draft, they (beanie & Williams) will be used more often.

I have Williams in a 10 & 12 team league and I may need to call on him more in the 12 team league.

The Cards are going to run. A lot. They won't be very good at it, but it won't be for lack of trying. They're going to try to play like the Niners last year, controlling field position with a good punter (Zastudil) and a good return man (Peterson). I'd expect both backs to be in there getting a lot of carries, so both should be serviceable RB3s.

If I had to pick one, I'd pick Williams. He's more explosive, and they are hiding something with Beanie's knee -- you don't have a "minor scope" in the spring and start the preseason on the PUP.