Sign in to follow this  
sperri40

Lance Kendricks

Last year Kendricks was a TE sleeper who didn't really do a whole lot. This year with one season of experience under his belt and a WR core that doesn't really stand out, do you think Bradford looks his way a bit more? Does he have significant upside even if Bradford does target him more?

There are maybe 20 TEs I'd rather have in my team, so no - I don't think Kendricks has any fantasy value at all.

There are maybe 20 TEs I'd rather have in my team, so no - I don't think Kendricks has any fantasy value at all.

That's terrific and very useful. However, we are a 10- team league that starts two TEs, so given that we also need bye- week replacements he obviously has 'fantasy value.' Additionally, I am sure that at least five of your 20 TEs that you'd 'rather have on your team' are comparable to Kendricks.

Thanks for the insightful input though!

That's terrific and very useful. However, we are a 10- team league that starts two TEs, so given that we also need bye- week replacements he obviously has 'fantasy value.' Additionally, I am sure that at least five of your 20 TEs that you'd 'rather have on your team' are comparable to Kendricks.

Thanks for the insightful input though!

Graham

Gronk

Hernandez

Witten

Gates

Vernon

Finley

Tamme

Gresham

Pettigrew

Gonzalez

Celek

Fred Davis

Olson

Cook

Keller Fleener

I have all of the above clearly ranked ahead of Rudolph and I'd probably consider another 3-5 more like Bennett or Heath right around the same range. So even with your strange league rules he's no better than a low-end 2nd TE on my bored. :dunno:

Graham

Gronk

Hernandez

Witten

Gates

Vernon

Finley

Tamme

Gresham

Pettigrew

Gonzalez

Celek

Fred Davis

Olson

Cook

Keller Fleener

I have all of the above clearly ranked ahead of Rudolph and I'd probably consider another 3-5 more like Bennett or Heath right around the same range. So even with your strange league rules he's no better than a low-end 2nd TE on my bored. :dunno:

Okay, that's all you had to say. I can respect that. But coming into last season, he was a decent prospect. Also, each of your guys and then some are rostered in our league.

And the league rules aren't all that strange...we have a 10- man league and in order to make sure we are not all playing studs, we start more than the traditional number of players at certain positions.

One thing that helps Kendrick's case is that McDaniels left town. He's notorious for hating on TEs. I think he definitely has sleeper potential since he's clearly gifted but I wouldn't put a waiver claim in on him until I saw a little out of him.

One thing that helps Kendrick's case is that McDaniels left town. He's notorious for hating on TEs. I think he definitely has sleeper potential since he's clearly gifted but I wouldn't put a waiver claim in on him until I saw a little out of him.

Yeah, Schottenheimer's crappy gameplan does seem to favor the TE.

On the flip side, while Kendricks had the dropsies last year (especially early), the Rams lost half their offense in the 1st quarter of Game 1 last year and then Bradford missed some time at well. The Rams are shifting to a West coast offense and permitting Amendola and SJax stay healthy then he may be a big part of that offense. New coach, new OC, new system. Why fret? Pick him up and watch him a couple weeks and if you don't like what you see then get rid of him.

And by the way its not unusual for a TE to do a 180 (either in a good direction or bad). Look at Marcedes Lewis.

On the flip side, while Kendricks had the dropsies last year (especially early), the Rams lost half their offense in the 1st quarter of Game 1 last year and then Bradford missed some time at well. The Rams are shifting to a West coast offense and permitting Amendola and SJax stay healthy then he may be a big part of that offense. New coach, new OC, new system. Why fret? Pick him up and watch him a couple weeks and if you don't like what you see then get rid of him.

And by the way its not unusual for a TE to do a 180 (either in a good direction or bad). Look at Marcedes Lewis.

Good example with Lewis.

I realize this is not a 'make or break' transaction here- I was just curious to hear if anyone thought he was worth the pickup. Obviously, if you're in a league with a traditional roster, he doesn't even make it to your Scout Team.

Yeah, Schottenheimer's crappy gameplan does seem to favor the TE.

take it from a Jets fan who watched Schotty's offenses for many years...it doesn't favor the TE....

He will dial up plays for the TE then abandon it and go 5 wide on 3rd and 6 with all the receivers running 4 yard curls.

Schotty's gameplans DO NOT favor the TE. They favor quick timing routes, for guys like Quick and Amendola. I predict Kendricks will have his impossible to predict moments and Schotty will out think himself killing all momentum gained, frustrating fantasy owners.

I wouldn't touch Kendricks with a 10 foot pole. I'd pick up Scott Chandler (BUF) before Kendricks. Or even Ed Dickson (BALT).

Good example with Lewis.

I realize this is not a 'make or break' transaction here- I was just curious to hear if anyone thought he was worth the pickup. Obviously, if you're in a league with a traditional roster, he doesn't even make it to your Scout Team.

It seems like you asked a question but aren't prepared to accept the answer.

It seems like you asked a question but aren't prepared to accept the answer.

I was curious to hear what people had to say since no one has mentioned his name (as far as I have seen). There is no 'answer', although I think your take that he will be wildly inconsistent will likely be the case.

Again, not a tremendous deal here...

Last year Kendricks was a TE sleeper who didn't really do a whole lot. This year with one season of experience under his belt and a WR core that doesn't really stand out, do you think Bradford looks his way a bit more? Does he have significant upside even if Bradford does target him more?

I'm going to disagree with the consensus so far - actually, I'm new to the board and was thinking about making a Lance Kendricks post when I saw this one.

I know somebody already said they don't think Schottenheimer favors the TE, but Dustin Keller led the Jets in targets last year, and nearly did the year before. Rotoworld had a bit in June saying that the Rams website suggested that off season practices indicated that Kendricks would feature "prominently" in the offense.

As you mention, Kendricks was a relatively high draft pick (2nd round), so the pedigree is there. When you look at the career stats of almost all of the top TEs, they rarely do too much in their rookie seasons, but blowing up in year two happens. And I think one of the key conditions for blowing up is the pecking order for targets. I'm too lazy to look it up again at the moment, but I think if you look at some of the big seasons Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates have had, they didn't always have much in terms of top WR around them. The Rams obviously don't have a proven #1 option, their offensive coordinator would seem to be in Kendricks' favor now, and at least we know his QB is a talent.

The Rams just cut the only other semblance of competition that Kendricks had for TE receptions (Hoomanawanui). Also, if I am not mistaken, through three preseason games, Kendricks was leading the team in receiving, but did not play in the last game. I thought I read somewhere that he didn't practice Monday for unknown reasons, but it seems to me that if he was hurt they probably wouldn't have cut Hoomanawanui.

Basically it seems to me that he may actually have more going in his favor than Kyle Rudolph, who has been getting some hype in preseason as a potential #2 target on the Vikings as an every down TE.

I've got Kendricks stashed on the bench in one of my twelve team leagues (the other 12 teamer I'm in has fewer bench spots, so I don't have room for him). I really like him as a sleeper.