Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Drop Redman for Dwyer?

For sure. Redman is big and slow and is nursing leg injuries. Dwyer has totally outplayed him this preseason and has better hands out of the backfield.

I have Dwyer in most of my leagues and picked him up in the final 3 rounds. Redman has never been guaranteed of being the starter and could not hold up if he was given the job anyway. Dwyer reminds me of Steven Jackson. Once he gets going, which does take time, he is a load to bring down. If their offensive attack opens up with using 3 WR's more often, Dwyer could be a sneaky fantasy stash. Redman, in my opinion, is worthless.

I've got him rostered in 2 of 3 but I've yet to make final cuts for a D and K in all leagues.

I'd like to find room for him in my .5 PPR league but I'm not sure who I want to cut: Wright, Collie, Lafell, K. Hunter, A. Morris, Turbin.... . (Lynch owner)

Steelers not ruling out Mendenhall for opener Rashard Mendenhall showed "burst and long speed" that left Steelers defensive players "buzzing" in Monday's practice.

This comes on the heels of coach Mike Tomlin's surprising declaration that the Steelers are "leaving the door open" for Mendenhall to start the season opener, pending his knee's response to this week's practice workload. "He looked incredible," said DE Brett Keisel. Added ILB Lawrence Timmons, "I thought he looked great. He was running well, finishing runs. I'm excited for him." While it's great news for Mendenhall's progress, we're highly skeptical that he will see significant action at Denver after missing the entire preseason. This does put a bit of a damper on Jonathan Dwyer's sleeper outlook, however. Isaac Redman can be dropped in 12-team leagues. Source: Scout.com Sep 4 - 2:13 PM

I am struggling with this dillema myself. People talk a lot of crap on Redman, but in the weeks he took the majority of carries last year, he did VERY well. Dwyer looks good but what does preseason mean? Not much if you ask me. No one is going to know the right move here for sure until its too late. Good luck.

per rotoworld:

Isaac Redman (ankle) was a full participant in Steelers practice Wednesday.

It's an excellent sign for Redman's Sunday status, though a lot will depend on how he bounces back on Thursday. Already a low-end play if he manages to suit up against the Broncos, Redman will become an exponentially poorer fantasy option if Rashard Mendenhall is actually as far along as the Steelers are claiming. Pittsburgh's backfield is shaping up as one to avoid for Week 1, though we'll know much more by Friday.

It's his hip and it's not good:

"I'm a downhill runner and take a lot of pounding," Redman said. "I'm not really sure how the hip is going to hold up or if it's going to hurt at all, or if I'm going to be fine. I'm just going to go day to day and see how it feels.

"It's pretty much a pain-tolerance thing. It might nag me throughout the year. I'm just going to have to fight through the pain."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-redman-focusing-on-starting-position-650123/