Sign in to follow this  
GreenTD

Thoughts on RGIII going forward

The rookie has played exceptionally well the 1st two weeks of the season but is it an aberration? He's played the Saints & Rams who's defenses aren't that great & have let the rookie go crazy thus far in the stat sheets. My question is, does he come back to Earth when he starts playing in those tough divisional games in the NFC East? He has a decent supporting cast around him not to mention a defense that just lost two of their star players in Orakpo & Kerrigan. This potentially could put RGIII in some shootouts down the stretch or at worst, garbage time points. But the pass rushes of DAL, NYG & PHI could rattle the kid's cage.

What would you place his trade value at in both PPR & Standard leagues? I haven't been solicited any trade offers in the Standard leagues but a tempting offer of Fitzgerald & McFadden in my PPR keeper league has me tempted.

Is that enough to garner the rookie's talents or would a clear-cut stud be the rightful asking price? Or is RGIII the real deal?

You draft right now, kid's a first rounder. Second at the latest. Treat him that way.

Even if he's not the best player in football moving forward, he's going to have to start passing more now that WAS is minus half their defense. I can see his attempts ramping up a lot moving forward. I DO expect a spike in INT numbers moving forward, but I think there's more than enough offensive capability and opportunity there to compensate.

I don't think the Rams D is that bad, especially at home. That's a good road win for Washington. Stafford threw for a chunk of yards against the Rams D but also had 3 INT's to 1 TD. The Lions had to come from behind so Stafford needed to throw all day.

I'm not trading him....he could be my new full time starter over Peyton from this very day going forward.

In one Yahoo league I drafted Brady as my starter and RG3 as my backup . Well in their " Projected Points remaining " they now have RG3 with more points than Brady the rest of the way . :blink:

I actually have RG3 starting over Brady this week ( RG3 vs. Cincy , Brady vs. Baltimore ) .

Considering the Redskins defense isn't that great, they lost a bunch of people.... I'd expect decent numbers from RG3 all year. he is my full time starter from now on.

i think on a weekly basis... the absolute floor for this guy is 150 passing, 1 td, 1 int, 40 yards rushing, and 1 rush td. That is still great stats for a QB. But his ceiling is much much higher.

Considering the Redskins defense isn't that great.... I'd expect decent numbers from RG3 all year

Yeah... the Skins lost two of their best defenders for the year, and their secondary was already suspect. The Skins offense is going to get a lot of chances and they will probably be playing from behind a lot. In this situation, RGIII will get the opportunity to mirror Cam's efforts from last year. The only thing I fear is that he is going to get killed out there. They are running him too much and the offensive line looks like 5 year olds playing Red Rover. Players with his frame have a hard time taking that many hits.

In one Yahoo league I drafted Brady as my starter and RG3 as my backup . Well in their " Projected Points remaining " they now have RG3 with more points than Brady the rest of the way . :blink:

I actually have RG3 starting over Brady this week ( RG3 vs. Cincy , Brady vs. Baltimore ) .

Exact same scenario in one of my leagues. The guy in first place at the time and with most points in the league in Week 1 was going on and on about how awesome he is and how we should just hand him the trophy (we don't actually hand out trophies but whatever). He further annoyed me with obnoxious trade offers, and got into it with me. My friends started making those internet meme gifs for me to post on our league board too, that's how ridiculous it was getting.

The guy with Brady and RG3 started RG3. Annoying guy started bashing him for it.

Of course we know what happened. I posted top points in my league that week, the RG3 owner won his game, and Mr. high and mighty got knocked down hard and is silent.

And that's what makes fantasy football fun sometimes.

It's funny, if you watch ESPN and read these boards enough, it certainly feels like RG3 is 2-0 this season.

There is truth to this. I didn't get the game where I live and don't watch much NFL on Sunday afternoons, but the coverage of the game on ESPN is all about RG3. I honestly thought they had won.

It's funny, if you watch ESPN and read these boards enough, it certainly feels like RG3 is 2-0 this season.

Balanced out by Larry Fitzgerald and what must surely be the 0-2 Cardinals, right?

There is truth to this. I didn't get the game where I live and don't watch much NFL on Sunday afternoons, but the coverage of the game on ESPN is all about RG3. I honestly thought they had won.

Well, he still played great. had it not been for a dropped bomb by Robinson and Morgan's penalty at the end, they probably would have won, IMO. And, he is the #1 scoring QB in FF.