Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Matt Stafford Owners...Is it too early to panic?

Granted the season is still very young, but between injuries and poor play, Stafford is starting to look like a definite bench candidate. I'm considering starting Schaub or Ponder over Stafford this weekend.

Just wondering what others think about Stafford and if I am over reacting after 3 weeks?

Granted the season is still very young, but between injuries and poor play, Stafford is starting to look like a definite bench candidate. I'm considering starting Schaub or Ponder over Stafford this weekend.

Just wondering what others think about Stafford and if I am over reacting after 3 weeks?

His hamstring/hip injury would make me start Ponder or Schaub over Stafford personally. Normally he torches the Vikings secondary but this injury is a little unsettling. Monitor his status up until Sunday.

Make room for me in this boat lol. I am considering Ponder over Stafford this week as well, and I am really leaning toward Ponder right now.

Yes. He started out on fire last season, had a rough string of games in the middle of the season, and was killer down the stretch. Not worried at all.

Why are yall panicking for? Staff will be just fine. He went up against an improved under rated secondary with the Rams, and had to see the 49ers week two. Last week, he put up 272 and a TD before he got hurt.. As long as this injury of his doesn't hamper him, he'll be good to go..especially now that we have some real refs back...

Started Flacco this week over Stafford

Same here. I am a bit concerned with his production but benched him primarily for the inury. With my backup Flacco playing on a Thursday just couldn't take the chance that Stafford sits this week out.

Plan on starting him soon as he is healthy but Flacco is making me think twice now.

It's not that I'm "worried" about Stafford across the remainder of the season, but rather, just undecided about if he's a better play this week than Ponder. Stafford is banged up a bit and has only thrown 3 TD's in 3 games. Ponder's been playing well. Considering a potentially favorable matchup for Ponder this week, I may consider him a better option just for this one week (and then a fill-in next week during Detroit's bye).

So the question is simply who's a better play this week, not if Stafford is a bust on the season.

He's become gun shy and also inaccurate. His accuracy just seem off. Has a rocket of an arm, but sometime i wonder if he's just trying to throw it TOO hard.

Stafford would not being playing this week(imo) if his injury was going to limit his potential against Minnesota. Shaun Hill is a capable back up and the Lion's would simply rest him through the bye week if that was the case.

Based on the big plays given up by the Lion's secondary last week, I can see the thought process about starting Ponder......But......if there is any game that will get the Lion's on track, its this week. I see them blowing up against Minnesota. I see them getting up on Minnesota early and teeing off of Ponder all day.

As Aggie said in previous post--this is more of a week to week decision vs. a season long bust title. Don't Panic

Stafford would not being playing this week(imo) if his injury was going to limit his potential against Minnesota. Shaun Hill is a capable back up and the Lion's would simply rest him through the bye week if that was the case.

Based on the big plays given up by the Lion's secondary last week, I can see the thought process about starting Ponder......But......if there is any game that will get the Lion's on track, its this week. I see them blowing up against Minnesota. I see them getting up on Minnesota early and teeing off of Ponder all day.

As Aggie said in previous post--this is more of a week to week decision vs. a season long bust title. Don't Panic

Teeing off on Ponder?

Did you see what Ponder did to the 49ers? With Simpson back, the Vikes is a up and coming offense.