Sign in to follow this  
SweetnessWJP

Vick Ballard

nabbed him for $615 of the $2500 waiver cap based mostly on the facts presented in this thread. looks like i'll be starting him over shonn greene, brandon bolden, nate burleson, davone bess, mike williams, and justin blackmon. yikes, i sure do have a lot of crap on my team.

here's hoping!

:huh:

I hate this thread. Made me start ballard over ridley

Depends on whether your league is PPR or standard scoring, but they equally sucked to the tune of a few points.

You guys need to lighten up on Ballard. I am from New York and I watched the ENTIRE game I didnt miss one play. The game was important to me because I am in a dyansty league and I own Ballard and Stephen Hill.

The colts played from behind for the entire game (after the first cost of course) they pretty much dint run the ball at all. The times Ballard did run he looked at least above average. The jets D stepped up big time sunday. Remember the Jets are way talented on D regardless of what the stats may say. Anyhow Ballard was quicker than I read but smaller in size than I read. I def can see a steady productive back out of him for sure. He did show some shiftiness and quickness and above average speed. Not a game breaker by any means but not slow. He could have ran harder IMO on 1 or 2 runs but besides that he looked good and I liked what I saw.

Next up I have to see Ronnie Hillman with my own 2 eyes. i have him in my league all.

You guys need to lighten up on Ballard. I am from New York and I watched the ENTIRE game I didnt miss one play. The game was important to me because I am in a dyansty league and I own Ballard and Stephen Hill.

The colts played from behind for the entire game (after the first cost of course) they pretty much dint run the ball at all. The times Ballard did run he looked at least above average. The jets D stepped up big time sunday. Remember the Jets are way talented on D regardless of what the stats may say. Anyhow Ballard was quicker than I read but smaller in size than I read. I def can see a steady productive back out of him for sure. He did show some shiftiness and quickness and above average speed. Not a game breaker by any means but not slow. He could have ran harder IMO on 1 or 2 runs but besides that he looked good and I liked what I saw.

Next up I have to see Ronnie Hillman with my own 2 eyes. i have him in my league all.

I am happy to see that some guys are willing to step up and post that opinion. I feel pretty much the same way, but I didn't care to get slammed with stats because it doesn't really matter that much to me one way or the other. I will now go a little further and say I actually LIKED what I saw from him in comparison to Brown. I felt the little they ran on early downs Ballard was getting what was blocked and compared to Brown, while not as explosive, has a better chance of keeping the O "on time" and putting them in 3rd and manageable which can make a big difference. For me he looks like he can be the Thomas Jones compared to Cedric Benson when they were with the Bears. Those 2 RBs ended the year with the same YPC but Benson never got to start because

-1,-1,0,16 has a far different effect on the rest of the offense than 3,4,3,4 even though they add up to the same stats in FF. It didn't work out this week but it's too early to say one way or the other.

I am happy to see that some guys are willing to step up and post that opinion. I feel pretty much the same way, but I didn't care to get slammed with stats because it doesn't really matter that much to me one way or the other. I will now go a little further and say I actually LIKED what I saw from him in comparison to Brown. I felt the little they ran on early downs Ballard was getting what was blocked and compared to Brown, while not as explosive, has a better chance of keeping the O "on time" and putting them in 3rd and manageable which can make a big difference. For me he looks like he can be the Thomas Jones compared to Cedric Benson when they were with the Bears. Those 2 RBs ended the year with the same YPC but Benson never got to start because

-1,-1,0,16 has a far different effect on the rest of the offense than 3,4,3,4 even though they add up to the same stats in FF. It didn't work out this week but it's too early to say one way or the other.

Thats a good comparison. A early carer Thomas Jones. I alsoc roo liked what i saw AND he can catch out the backfield.

Didn't look good yesterday.

He has one more chance this week and if he doesn't pull a big game it's back to Donald Brown time.

Yep. One more favorable matchup for him to prove what he's worth. Odd game this past weekend with the Jets in COMPLETE control. One Jets fan pointed out on here though that their rush D is misleading since they faced San Fran and Houston already in a short span. Could be a valid point, but not much can happen in 8 carries.

Of course I face him this week in my $350 league so I'm kind of hoping I am completely wrong :)

You say this as if this is an anomaly, the Colts always play from behind. The defense is terrible. This is the reality for ANY Indy RB, not just Ballard. Either they can produce in that environment or they can't.

Word is D. Brown has already been declared OUT this week. Isn't this suppose to be a MAX 2-3 game injury? Declaring him out this early in the week without even attempting to practice says he might be out another 1-2 weeks. This is starting to look more like a 'transition' than a 'simple' garage shop repair on Brown's knee (see recent article on Bruce Arian's love for Ballard below). Arian actually compared him to....Edgerrin James. :shocking:

"At the time, Arians compared the former Mississippi State back to a Colts franchise icon, Edgerrin James."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ind/report

Ballard had 21 touches for 103 total yards last week and gets another horrible rush defense this Sunday (ten 29th rank rush d). Another 20+ touches certainly isn't out of the question with a potential for a rushing TD.

I mean. I have all the faith in this guy for som reason. Because some rankings have Ridley a top 10 back this week, yet im considering putting Vick Ballard in. Call me crazy, i see some potential in him.

Anyone thinks I'm crazy starting Vick Ballard over Stevan Ridley this week as my RB2? Don't trust BB and the Rams defense looks pretty good.

i'm in the same predicament and am thoroughly confused :dunno: :mad:

im deciding between rashard jennings and ballard. i think jennings is the more talented back