Sign in to follow this  
Draft Dodger

Kinda nutty thing happened and now I need advice!

I have a friend in one of my league who accidentally dropped Julio Jones. Oops!!!! I'm first in the waiver order. I feel like a complete ASS if I just keep Julio and pretend this was a regular add/drop. I can't NOT pick him up because the #2 waiver guy said he WOULD pick him up if I don't and he WON'T give him back to the guy who accidentally dropped him.

Don't get started on the fact that my commish should just give him his player back because the guy who dropped Julio made an "honest mistake." It sucks but there's already precedent set in this league with regards to this and he CANNOT just give Julio back to the guy.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give Julio back to this guy, BUT I'm going to ask him for a player on his squad, worthy of at LEAST my #1 waiver pick. I waited all season to get it and am now losing it. The two guys on his team that he'll give me are Dwayne Bowe OR Aaron Hernandez. Which one should I get and why?

I have AJ Green, Antonio Brown and Nate Washington as my WR's and Heath Miller as my TE. Who should I grab? Hernandez or Bowe? .

If it's happened before in the league and someone got screwed I'd just keep Jones. Commish should have stepped up to the plate previously and this wouldn't have been an issue. I'm guessing most of the owners in your league threw a fit therefore the commish didn't reinstate the player on the team. Sucks for your friend but I'd rather have a friend get my stud than some other guy in the league I could give two craps about.

If it's happened before in the league and someone got screwed I'd just keep Jones. Commish should have stepped up to the plate previously and this wouldn't have been an issue. I'm guessing most of the owners in your league threw a fit therefore the commish didn't reinstate the player on the team. Sucks for your friend but I'd rather have a friend get my stud than some other guy in the league I could give two craps about.

Yes, as a matter of fact if you really want to change the rule, you should keep JJ and call the guy out on being stupid. Point at him and laugh. Be a real d!ck about it. This will either:

1. Prevent people from being stupid in the future

or

2. Change the rule

I have a friend in one of my league who accidentally dropped Julio Jones. Oops!!!! I'm first in the waiver order. I feel like a complete ASS if I just keep Julio and pretend this was a regular add/drop. I can't NOT pick him up because the #2 waiver guy said he WOULD pick him up if I don't and he WON'T give him back to the guy who accidentally dropped him.

Don't get started on the fact that my commish should just give him his player back because the guy who dropped Julio made an "honest mistake." It sucks but there's already precedent set in this league with regards to this and he CANNOT just give Julio back to the guy.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give Julio back to this guy, BUT I'm going to ask him for a player on his squad, worthy of at LEAST my #1 waiver pick. I waited all season to get it and am now losing it. The two guys on his team that he'll give me are Dwayne Bowe OR Aaron Hernandez. Which one should I get and why?

I have AJ Green, Antonio Brown and Nate Washington as my WR's and Heath Miller as my TE. Who should I grab? Hernandez or Bowe? .

id tell him LOL ur an idiot and should pay attention to ur add drops... oh well

but that's just me

Glad to see you're not being a D-Bag about it like some of these other guys would suggest you be.

I'd go with Hernandez. Primarily because I see Bowe has having a terrible rest of 2012 due to the QB situation in KC. They're literally having a bye week QB competition. Things will only get worse in KC this year.

Another reason why owners should NOT be allowed to do their own add drops.

Why have a commish? smh

Glad to see you're not being a D-Bag about it like some of these other guys would suggest you be.

I'd go with Hernandez. Primarily because I see Bowe has having a terrible rest of 2012 due to the QB situation in KC. They're literally having a bye week QB competition. Things will only get worse in KC this year.

Here's the problem. While it may be a blatant error it opens the door to other more questionable situations where owners can say "didn't mean to do it" either a trade, or a drop or a start or whatever and they can point to this and say "you did it for him so do it for me".

Sorry, he ###### up and that's that.

I agree it sucks but taking a stance should change the rule. The guy that dropped him is irate and I wouldn't be happy if I were contending in the league and some guy gets a stud added to his team for someones mistake. Issue should have been taken care of by the commish last time and should have been addressed this time. Just saying that these things will continue to happen if rules aren't changed. Mistakes happen. Get enough people upset about it and you can either vote on a change or make the commish step up to the plate.

It's simple. You have a commish for this very reason. He should use a little common sense and put Julio back on the dudes roster and tell the whiners to piss off. DONE