Sign in to follow this  
checkdown

Start and Sit Answers

Powell, Dwyer, or Tanner?

I've got the question about Powell vs. Dwyer myself in a lineup.

I don't like Tanner in the equation as his value is only really tied to Felix Jones cramping up and coming out of the game again. This backfield is Jones' for week 7 and I wouldn't trust Tanner to get enough volume.

So, between Powell and Dwyer, I think I'd start the Pittsburgh back.

Both are in semi-committee situations, but, Dwyer is expected to get 15 or so carries, and, his match up is more attractive. The Bengals give up the 6th most fantasy PPG to opposing rushers, the Vikings give the 6th fewest. So, with the same rough amount of touches Dwyer is the higher upside play.

RB2:

Vick (yeah, I was sure worth the pickup last week) Ballard @ home vs. Cleveland

or

Ben Tate at home vs. Baltimore (note that I already have AJ and Owen Daniels starting for me....)

or

Daryl Richardson

WR3:

Donnie Avery @ home vs. Clevland

or

Josh Gordon vs. Indy

-----------

At RB I think you're going with Vick Ballard. He was underwhelming against the Jets, but, the Colts trailed all game. He'll get a little more volume in what should be a more tightly contested game against the Browns. Tate is an interesting option because the Ravens haven't been able to stop the run and are downgraded on defense this week, but, we're not sure about his volume.

At WR, I'd be going with Gordon... he's clearly becoming a trusted target for Weeden. The challenge is you're always counting on that long TD catch from Gordon because his total receptions will be low. The floor is probably lower on Avery, but, the ceiling for Gordon is much higher. Ride the hot hand.

Leshore or Powell

Cutler or Palmer

I would go with Leshoure. The Bears have been strong against the run, but, he is a more dynamic talent than Powell. The Cards RB certainly gained the respect of his coaches last week with a strong performance, but, he's up against the Vikes this week and they give up the 6th fewest fantasy ppg to opposing RBs. Of course, the Bears give up the 2nd fewest, but, Leshoure is the more dynamic runner and the offensive output is expected to be higher from the Lions than the Cards who go on the road with a shaky looking John Skelton behind centre.

At QB, I'm going with Cutler. Palmer is an interesting option in a Raiders offense that seems to be figuring out the deep ball a bit, but, the Lions are down to 3 healthy corners for Monday Night football and Cutler to Marshall should be working very well on Monday Night Football.

ppr league. pick 2: Spiller, Ridley, or Doug Martin

Doug Martin is the top option of this group. The Saints give up 5.0 ypc and 172 ypg. They can't stop the run and the bye won't have fixed that. Go with Martin and feel good about it, at home.

Then, I'm going with Ridley. Spiller has lost his early season zest and he and Jackson are locked into a timeshare situation. Ridley struggled a bit against the Seahawks last week but the matchup is more appealing vs. the Jets who yield an average of 26.3 fantasy ppg to opposing backs.

Hi all,

I run a weekly live advice column on my blog. Answering questions here in the thread, and, with a little more detail on the site.

Hit me in either spot and I'm happy to help.

http://checkdownchatter.com/?p=2856

Pettigrew or Gresham?

6 pts. per TD

thanks

My team is horrible. I've only won 1 game. As bad as it is only one of the losses was a complete blow out the rest were lost by 4-12 points. Anyway this is my roster. I'm unsure if I should start wood head, henderson, or andre brown at the flex spot. Or for that matter i'm not sure if I should start ballard at RB or replace with Woodhead or Brown. Can u offer some advice please. 14 team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX I 'm ok with my kicker and Def so I didn't include them. Thanks!

CURRENT ROSTER

TONY ROMO

(Dal - QB) Player notes

Brandon Lloyd

(NE - WR) Player notes

WR

Antonio Brown PIT WR

WR

Michael Crabtree

RB

Alfred MoRRIS

RB

Vick Ballard

TE

Kyle Rudolph

W/R/T

Danny Woodhead

BENCH

BN

DeMarco Murray

BN

Michael Vick

BN

Devery Henderson

BN

Andre Brown

BN

Jacquizz Rodgers

Already starting DMC, need two more.

Was set to start Ridley & D. Martin and bench A. Morris, but having second thoughts on benching Morris who has been great all year but the other two matchups look much better.

Ridley at home against the Jets, I think I am pretty sure I leave him in.

Martin at Home against the NO D, nice matchup unless Brees and company get up big early which could certainly happen vs. Morris on the road at the G-Men

Thanks