Sign in to follow this  
BobSanders_33

Thinking Outside the Box: Lance Ball

I know that most places are proclaiming that Hillman will be the starting RB for the Broncos going forward. This would make sense because Hillman has been listed as the #2 RB for the last several weeks. One thing that I don't understand is all this talk about how "explosive" Hillman has been this year. Outside of the Saints game Hillman has not shown much.

Fox has shown in the past that he will play a veteran back over a more talented younger player. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that Hillman continues his role as a change of pace back and Ball is the lead back because he is superior at pass catching, protection, and running between the tackles.

While I'm not sure he will emerge as the lead back he is def the best 3rd down back they have right now and I can see him being a factor.

I strongly thought about adding him in Zealots dynasty but wasn't sure if I liked him better than J. Bell, Detroit, or Danny Woodhead, so I stood pat.

I know that most places are proclaiming that Hillman will be the starting RB for the Broncos going forward. This would make sense because Hillman has been listed as the #2 RB for the last several weeks. One thing that I don't understand is all this talk about how "explosive" Hillman has been this year. Outside of the Saints game Hillman has not shown much.

Fox has shown in the past that he will play a veteran back over a more talented younger player. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that Hillman continues his role as a change of pace back and Ball is the lead back because he is superior at pass catching, protection, and running between the tackles.

Lance Ball is average in every area. No "superior" at anything.

Peyton mannings health should result in ball getting a good number of snaps

Lance Ball is average in every area. No "superior" at anything.

Being "average" makes him superior to anyone else they have in catching the ball, short yardage and, most important, pass protection (and he's actually considered better than average at protection; that's why he stays on rosters, including Indy when Peyton was there).

That's what Denver asks of their RB with Peyton in there.

Don't Forget about Moreno I know he is a head case but he is bigger this year. If he can pick up protection he may end up as the starter. That is a big if. He will get an opportunity against the Cheifs and if he does well he will be a hot waiver pick up next week. If you are looking for depth and have a roster spot he may be worth a flier.

Don't Forget about Moreno I know he is a head case but he is bigger this year. If he can pick up protection he may end up as the starter. That is a big if. He will get an opportunity against the Cheifs and if he does well he will be a hot waiver pick up next week. If you are looking for depth and have a roster spot he may be worth a flier.

Agree. Fox loves veterans. He is already talking up Moreno.

Agree. Fox loves veterans. He is already talking up Moreno.

May apply to Hillman, but Ball has been in the league as long or longer than Moreno. :dunno: