Sign in to follow this  
JML7211

Is this commish cheating?

First time I've been in an ESPN league. Can't tell if there was some shady business on the commish's part so I'm looking for an opinion from another ESPN league commish.

Sat, Nov 10

4:30 AM

Transaction

Add/Drop

COMMISH dropped Josh Gordon, Cle WR to Free Agency

COMMISH added Jordy Nelson, GB WR from Waivers to Bench

BGSY Roster

Waiver Report

Fri, Nov 9

2:42 PM

LM Changed League Settings

Team information updated

Modified waiver order.

League Settings

Fri, Nov 9

12:13 PM

Transaction

Add/Drop

DUDE 2 dropped Phil Dawson, Cle K to Waivers

DUDE 2 added Blair Walsh, Min K from Free Agency to Bench

TORN Roster

Fri, Nov 9

4:30 AM

Transaction

Add/Drop

COMMISH dropped Daryl Richardson, StL RB to Waivers

COMMISH added Josh Gordon, Cle WR from Waivers to Bench

COMMISH Roster

Waiver Report

Thu, Nov 8

12:47 PM

Transaction

Add/Drop

??? added Justin Blackmon, Jac WR from Free Agency to Bench

??? dropped Jordy Nelson, GB WR to Waivers

Waivers are supposed to reset each week to inverse order of standings. As you can see Commish was one of two people to make a waive acquisition that week. Someone dropped Jordy when he was battling injuries and then there is a mystery modification in the waiver order and he was first in line to pick up Jordy after he cleared waivers on Saturday. What gives?

There was some other shady business with Montario Hardesty earlier in the year when instead of being dropped to waivers where there is the normal wait period he was the only player to ever be dropped straight to free agency and was then picked up immeadiately by commish. Didn't raise an issue because its family and Montario Hardesty sucks but Jordy could influence the outcome of the league at this point.

If it shows in the league transaction log that he changed the waiver settings & he granted himself the #1 priority, you're commish is definitely cheating.

House. Wife & Kids. Punch. Face.

Looks to me like maybe the commish intended to pick up Jordy Nelson with his original waiver move but instead he screwed up and picked up Josh Gordon, then he manipulated the system to rectify his mistake, which, of course, is cheating.

Looks to me like maybe the commish intended to pick up Jordy Nelson with his original waiver move but instead he screwed up and picked up Josh Gordon, then he manipulated the system to rectify his mistake, which, of course, is cheating.

I disagree.

If it was a mistake of making the wrong click, it's his duty to fix it...hence the role of a commish.

- The commish picked up Josh Gordon off waivers on Friday morning (4:30 AM).

- Friday afternoon he changes the waiver order (2:40 PM).

- Saturday morning he picked up Jordy Nelson on waivers, dropping Josh Gordon.

If he made a "mistake" and corrected it immediately (say within an hour) then OK, but here he just changed his mind and manipulated the system. Plus he ensured that nobody else could pick up Josh Gordon that week. Does anyone else in the league get to change their mind on a WW pickup 10 hours later? Not the worst abuse I've seen in this forum, but absolutely a bad move by the commish.

I might give him the benefit of the doubt except for that Hardesty move. Cheater.

• The commish picked up Josh Gordon off waivers on Friday morning.
  • Friday afternoon he changes the waiver order.
  • Saturday morning he picked up Jordy Nelson on waivers, dropping Josh Gordon.

If he saw a "mistake" and corrected it immediately (say within an hour at most) then OK, but here he just changed his mind and manipulated the system. Plus he ensured that nobody else could pick up Josh Gordon that week. Does anyone else in the league get to change their mind on a WW pickup 10 hours later?

Not the worst abuse I've seen in this forum, but absolutely a bad move by the commish.

Ah...I didn't pay attention to the times. I assumed it was a drop/add within a few minutes.

Yeah...the guy is definitely cheating.

Jordy Nelson on the WW.

Lots of jokes around here about people's 6 man leagues.

This sounds like a very competitive 3 man league.

The commish should just put Nelson back on the team that dropped him.