Sign in to follow this  
minuteofdecay

calvin johnson for...

Trading Megatron for 2 RBs isn't in itself a bad move. I think the push back you are getting is because you traded for 2 players who, while they may have high ceilings, also have a relatively low floor. Calvin is considered a blue chip player in dynasty and should bring a higher price. Normally it is a bad idea to trade a stud for multiple lesser players. Given what you explained about your league, however, I don't think it was a horrible trade, but I don't think you got full value of what Calvin is worth. I have him in my dynasty, and have received what I would view as much better offers.

There are a few "ifs" that you need to go your way for this to turn out as a good trade for you. "If" RG3 is healthy. "If" Morris remains the Ratface's starter". "If" Murray can stay on the field. Yes, Calvin had 5 TDs last year, but the 2 years prior he had 16 and 12. Now he has Bush to draw some attention, and his numbers should go back up. As I said, not a horrible trade, but I would have shopped longer if you wanted to move him.

I was on the other message board and they won't shut up over there about how lopsided this trade is. The consensus is its borderderline vetoable. I think that's a bit over the top, as everyone has the right to do what they want. But I get the argument that this one throws off the competitive balance of the league quite a bit.

You sure you can't cancel it? Is trading even allowed before the NFL draft? Maybe that's your loophole. Find a rule in your league byelaws that says this is a dead period for roster moves and you can undo it via technicality.

Well tell them to talk about it here. You know my wife's sister's boyfriend's uncle's best friend's wife's brother's friend really liked trade.:P

Trading Megatron for 2 RBs isn't in itself a bad move. I think the push back you are getting is because you traded for 2 players who, while they may have high ceilings, also have a relatively low floor. Calvin is considered a blue chip player in dynasty and should bring a higher price. Normally it is a bad idea to trade a stud for multiple lesser players. Given what you explained about your league, however, I don't think it was a horrible trade, but I don't think you got full value of what Calvin is worth. I have him in my dynasty, and have received what I would view as much better offers.

There are a few "ifs" that you need to go your way for this to turn out as a good trade for you. "If" RG3 is healthy. "If" Morris remains the Ratface's starter". "If" Murray can stay on the field. Yes, Calvin had 5 TDs last year, but the 2 years prior he had 16 and 12. Now he has Bush to draw some attention, and his numbers should go back up. As I said, not a horrible trade, but I would have shopped longer if you wanted to move him.

Just like if Calvin stays healthy.

Just like if Calvin stays healthy.

Calvin has missed only 4 games in 6 years. Murray has missed an average of 4.5 games in his 1st two seasons.

Well the year is over and I finished third (pocket $100 for the year) the guy I traded Calvin finished fifth. Ah yeah I did it without Rodgers for six or seven weeks too so if he wouldn't have gotten hurt who knows I think I might have won it all. So this trade worked out, guess I was right.

Wow, thanks for bumping this thread...for some reason I really loved reading it this morning. Catch me up though, who did u draft or trade for since April? No AR, Cobb out, you got lucky with Antonio(who I've always loved and knew he had it in him!)

We'll see like I said ill post at the end of the year I made my team better. Sure I lost the #1 wr but I gained great depth now on bye weeks, or injuries i have three options not none. Like I said there is no wavier wire your rb goes down week 9 you have only your bench to replace with(trade deadline is start of week 9) and I made his rbs junk with only Chris y2.0 Johnson. I liked it maybe Calvin blows up or blows out a knee. We' ll see at the end of the year. I like my chances now. I'll draft one of the three wrs at #10 that I like and try to win my second title. There are ppl in this league for twenty years and have only won a WEEK, not the title. I know how this league works, you guys don't. Thanks for you opinions.

Sorry buddy, you lost the trade.

Wow, thanks for bumping this thread...for some reason I really loved reading it this morning. Catch me up though, who did u draft or trade for since April? No AR, Cobb out, you got lucky with Antonio(who I've always loved and knew he had it in him!)

I drafted c. Patterson(min) and used r. Randle (nyg) the thing that help was my running back depth I actually had a choice each week. I also traded mike nugent for stevie johnson but that didn't help really maybe a week or two.

I would have pulled it up even if it hadn't work unlike most ppl I stand by my word and I'm very honest.

Sorry buddy, you lost the trade.

Lol based on what? That I kept another team trying to find a running back all year that nobody trades away, or that I finished two spots ahead of him, or that I was only 56 pts out of first place?

If u want let's look at the numbers here.

C.johnson 1492 tds and 12 tds very nice actually didn't expect that many tds for him.

A.morris 1353 total yds and 7 tds

D.murray 1474 total yds and 10 tds

Hummmm I think the numbers are in my favor.

But what do I know, I only finish third after having to use c.ponder and m.flynn for half the year, guess megatron would have won it all for me with his big zero the last week.

Lol based on what? That I kept another team trying to find a running back all year that nobody trades away, or that I finished two spots ahead of him, or that I was only 56 pts out of first place?

C.johnson 1492 tds and 12 tds very nice actually didn't expect that many tds for him.

But what do I know, I only finish third after having to use c.ponder and m.flynn for half the year, guess megatron would have won it all for me with his big zero the last week.

You finished 3rd. You didn't win your league.. Your acting your year was a success. In my league it's first or nothing, nobody gives a rats ass about a 3rd place finish.....quit fooling yourself.

You finished 3rd. You didn't win your league.. Your acting your year was a success. In my league it's first or nothing, nobody gives a rats ass about a 3rd place finish.....quit fooling yourself.
ah I care I finished in the money, was better than the year before, and fielded a better team than my trade partner did. Lol I finished 3rd using ponder as a QB, ponder, if that isnt a win I don't know what is. You don't think that a.Rodgers doesnt get me an extra 60 pts over what ponder or flynn did. I want u in my league.

I was on the other message board and they won't shut up over there about how lopsided this trade is. The consensus is its borderderline vetoable. I think that's a bit over the top, as everyone has the right to do what they want. But I get the argument that this one throws off the competitive balance of the league quite a bit.

You sure you can't cancel it? Is trading even allowed before the NFL draft? Maybe that's your loophole. Find a rule in your league byelaws that says this is a dead period for roster moves and you can undo it via technicality.

This trade should not be veto'd. it's not that bad.

and you can criticize him for having more depth at RB than he needs, but RB's get injured a lot and between this and Bye weeks, he did okay on this deal.

He dumped a 28 year old all world WR for Two young RB's,both 25 years of age. One is exclusively a RB. he doesnt catch many passes, but puts up great numbers running the ball. The other is an all purpose threat who has missed games due to injury, but is fully capable of being a RB1 if he stays healthy.

I am not saying the trade was great, but there is no way a veto should be considered here.

Even in a PPR League I dont think it's a veto. I wouldnt have made the trade myself unless I really needed RB's bad, but I wouldnt even discuss a veto on this deal.

The trade should not be vetoed. It was not a good trade dynasty wise, since the 2 running backs are OK players, but talent are not there. Why you care about the talent level? Because the 2 Rbs could easily lose their starting job in the middle of the season. They will get you OK production while they playing, but for how long?

The trade should not be vetoed. It was not a good trade dynasty wise, since the 2 running backs are OK players, but talent are not there. Why you care about the talent level? Because the 2 Rbs could easily lose their starting job in the middle of the season. They will get you OK production while they playing, but for how long?

This can be said for any player tho. And yes my rb depth was garbage, I had Michael bush and mark ingram, picking tenth there was almost no way to get a rb in the draft I could have takin a stab at one but I draft wrs way better. I had r. Cobb and a.brown (pit) and although not as good as Calvin, morris and Murray was wayyyyy better than my bench. It gave me a solid team from top to bottom. That I almost pulled out a championship with this deal.