Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Could we have an fftoday league?

i prefer serpentine drafts but have always understood the allure of auction. having a shot to get any player you wan't. I think that argument is a tad overblown but I do get it.

however, the three year contract thing in a dynasty seems to take away from the dynasty feel. trading is great but why stop an owner from building for 10 years around his "franchise QB" lets say? I always felt dynasty was about building a franchise in whatever way you saw fit as an owner.... then again i've never been a trade junkie. I do my share

again i've never tried it so perhaps it is amazing or at least not as much of an issue as it sounds, just my 2 pennies.

This is why many dynasty leagues that have contracts also do salaries. You can sign players to a 2nd contract, but it costs you more against the cap. Another option would be to do something where it isn't limited to 3 years per player, but it is limited to a total number of years for your entire roster. You can sign one player for 5 years and another player for 1 year, as long as you don't go over the cap for total years.

This is why many dynasty leagues that have contracts also do salaries. You can sign players to a 2nd contract, but it costs you more against the cap. Another option would be to do something where it isn't limited to 3 years per player, but it is limited to a total number of years for your entire roster. You can sign one player for 5 years and another player for 1 year, as long as you don't go over the cap for total years.

This is an interesting idea Throttlers. Once we're full we will formally set all rules for contract years/salary/taxi, etc. Feel free to start a thread at the site.

What you didn't know was behind the scenes we were all like WTF? This is crazy and never going to work and why would he hand something like this off to someone who no one knows who the fock he is. But I 'spose if someone other than the lying cheating Echo52 were managing the second league, it could have gained some traction.

Honestly though... you don't think a 14 team dynasty league is enough of a challenge? You want more? Our league is pretty hard core. Talent is scarce. And I think we've gotten to a point where most of the teams care about it a little. Except for 29 guests who I think should be removed because of sheer retardedness. He cut ADP. He CUT ADP. Was ADP not the #1 fantasy scorer in the entire league this year? Maybe he wasn't but he was certainly top 5.

Anyways... I drafted a team for my fiance's brother this past year (10 team league) and he won the championship. I was like this is a piece of focking cake and the rest of these people are donks because they hadn't done 1/4 of the research I had done (because of our league). Why don't you just embrace the league instead of trying to turn it into a total clusterfock debacle? I think our league is good. You know I'm a diehard obsessive researcher and drafter. Even with that.... not everyone feels the same. You want to add 14 teams to that mess? A 28-32 team league would be a focking nightmare.

My team is so top heavy in that league I've got to look to build some depth

I received about 7 separate invites last night. I think they were all the same league name... I did log-in, but haven't had the time yet to come up with a team name or read the rules and scoring. I'll do so over the weekend. Thanks for including me.

Madd - I would love to join you in a league somewhere. I like reading your rookie reports, as well as what the others here post. I'm looking forward to finally get a chance to hang out with you guys. :cheers:

I received about 7 separate invites last night. I think they were all the same league name...

That's probably my fault. Noob commish ftw :/

If you guys find yourself needing people I might be able to add one more league. I'm currently in 4 leagues plus the IBL but might be ok taking on one more.

If you guys find yourself needing people I might be able to add one more league. I'm currently in 4 leagues plus the IBL but might be ok taking on one more.

Put him in! :pointstosky:

How do we login to our team? Not sure which open franchise I'm supposed to claim or what password to use. Any help would be appreciated.

How do we login to our team? Not sure which open franchise I'm supposed to claim or what password to use. Any help would be appreciated.

Ralphster will send an invite that lets you claim a specific Franchise. Ill leave a message on the site for him that you were looking.

You'll be happy to know that you misunderstand my intentions. I'm not trying to expand CCDL. After we took that poll and expansion took a massive beating, I've given up the idea. I'd have a revolt and a ton of p/oed betrayed owners, it has no support and I know it. So it won't happen.

I still do want to play in a 28-32 team dynasty league though. This idea, if it came to fruition, would be for a different league entirely.

As for 29Guests, yeah,he made the most gawdawful cut in FF history, he's dug himself in a massive hole and half his roster should be on the waiver wire.

I don't know what he's doing. As far as being active, he's never been a problem. As far as making terrible roster moves, he's been Matt Millen.

This is the first time somebody has suggested removing him.I hadn't ever thought of booting him.

I was just joking. I was having an aneurysm over that cut though. WHAT????????

Anyways... if you ever get it going, I would be happy to participate if only for the sheer entertainment of watching what would unfold. :overhead:

I personally would rather do the draft much earlyer..I like to have time to make the nessassary trades/waiver moves before the season gets rolling

Obviously this would need to be a league wide vote, just putting in my 2c

In my first dynasty league, we do one round per month. The draft is April 25th?

First round May 15th

Second round June 15th

Third round July 15h

Fourth round August 15th

then rosters get cut down to 24 players

Fifth round August 30th

this keeps people interested all off season. The later round picks get just as much value, since you take into account, offseason injuries, retirements, trades, waived players and preseason battles. the 5.01 is almost as valuable as a 2.01

I'm game with drafting anytime after the NFL draft. Pros and cons to each imo.

I say wait on next year's fee for me personally. Just started a new job and money's a bit tight until I make some sales.

Make halffuture ante required for trading of any 2014 picks. If the owner does not return, he forfeits the 50% ante

i have to say, i never quite understood the idea of contracts in a dynasty. i've never experienced it so im not bashing it by any means and i do understand its a measure to promote trading but I always felt it wen't against the nature of a dynasty.

Ive started a Contract Year league. you get 25CYs to hand out to your players. with a max of 5 CYs. Players with CYs cannot be cut, as it is a hard cap. Anyone not receiving CYs on your roster are considered drafted for just that year only and go back into the draft. CYs are divided up before the regular season starts. So, Alfred Morris was not given CYs in my league last year. Keeps value in the draft each year. you are allowed one FRANCHISE TAG palyer per roster at the cost of your first round pick. You can only have one FT player on your roster at a time. So, if you have Stafford and Calvin running out of CYs, you can FT one of them, and lose the other back into the draft. This style also allows for lopsided trades. " I will trade you Foster (3CY) for R Bush(2CY), but you have to take Fitzpatricks 2CYs also in the trade"

We now have ONE open slot in this dynasty start up league. I'm posting here to see if we can't get another active fftday-er to join. Hybrid dynasty league hosted on MFL with 3 year contracts, 20 player rosters, 4 slot taxi squads. 4pt passing/6pt all other TDs, PPR, start 10 (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, K, DEF). Entry fee is $100 and all money is handled by league safe. Start up draft is July 15th. Open team has the second pick in the draft.

Prefer fanatically active year round owners who enjoy witty banter and long articles on offensive line changes. PM me if interested

MFL site address: http://www21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/65351#0

• Like 1

oddly the person being replaced is the one who posed the question, could we have an fftoday league? :lol: :doh:

• Like 1

We now have ONE open slot in this dynasty start up league. I'm posting here to see if we can't get another active fftday-er to join. Hybrid dynasty league hosted on MFL with 3 year contracts, 20 player rosters, 4 slot taxi squads. 4pt passing/6pt all other TDs, PPR, start 10 (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, K, DEF). Entry fee is $100 and all money is handled by league safe. Start up draft is July 15th. Open team has the second pick in the draft.

Prefer fanatically active year round owners who enjoy witty banter and long articles on offensive line changes. PM me if interested

MFL site address: http://www21.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/65351#0

Emphasis on offseason participation :) Trading starts in March following the superbowl. So if you are the kind that goes away feb to august, this is not the league for you.